Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-06-2018, 06:45 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
If he's worth that amount then how much is AWB worth?
Less than Fosu-Mensah. Fosu-Mensah has played far more senior games and has several international caps. Im not saying he is better but he is definitely worth more on the market (outside Palace fans)
Old 13-06-2018, 08:25 PM
Banned by Moderators

RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman
Quote:
If he's worth that amount then how much is AWB worth?

Less
Old 13-06-2018, 08:26 PM
Banned by Moderators

RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
He was talking about TFM

Whoosh
Old 14-06-2018, 10:28 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
I still think hed be a great signing.
I cant see him playing for Man Utd, hes going to want to get games or at least be competitive. Also young enough to improve and get resale value.
Old 14-06-2018, 01:38 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
AWB is the most exciting academy prospect since Wilf and Clyne. He is exciting to watch and in his limited number of games has been as exciting as hell to watch. He is going to be up there with Clyne, Cole and King Kenny. TFM was a good loan but nowhere near the ability of AWB. Worth having as a utility player? Possibly. Kelly is good cover as a CH but dicey as a RB so if Joel goes we need adequate cover.
Old 14-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
nowhere near the ability of AWB
Oh dear
Old 14-06-2018, 03:20 PM

LuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
AWB is the most exciting academy prospect since Wilf and Clyne. He is exciting to watch and in his limited number of games has been as exciting as hell to watch. He is going to be up there with Clyne, Cole and King Kenny. TFM was a good loan but nowhere near the ability of AWB. Worth having as a utility player? Possibly. Kelly is good cover as a CH but dicey as a RB so if Joel goes we need adequate cover.
That is one hell of a statement to make for a player who has played slightly more First team games that could be counted on One hand. Yes he was impressive initially but then started to fade and was being found out, hence why Roy sensibily took him out of the firing line which was understandable.
But to compare him to the Three players mentioned is slightly OTT he is a long way off from them at this time but is young with the potential to improve greatly. However you are right about TFM, and i dont see Roy going back in for him especially at the fee Utd may well demand, ideally we need JW to stay also i still rate him highly.
Old 14-06-2018, 03:30 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
That is one hell of a statement to make for a player who has played slightly more First team games that could be counted on One hand. Yes he was impressive initially but then started to fade and was being found out, hence why Roy sensibily took him out of the firing line which was understandable.
But to compare him to the Three players mentioned is slightly OTT he is a long way off from them at this time but is young with the potential to improve greatly. However you are right about TFM, and i dont see Roy going back in for him especially at the fee Utd may well demand, ideally we need JW to stay also i still rate him highly.
Having seen all four players make their debuts (and the same feeling when I saw Cannon make his debut marking Osgood, ditto Wilf) I said the same thing about the first three and they proved me right. Assuming like them, he will only get better. Come back in a year and tell me I was being OTT. There have been few players over the years to make you think 'wow'. He is one of them.
Old 15-06-2018, 09:18 AM

jimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If it was 19m for Dalot, then 10m rising to 15-18m would be a reasonable bit of business, if we could get it done. I don't see him as a right back, personally and think he, if he learns his positioning better, could be a Ferdinand style centre back, or a very solid CDM.

Who better to learn positioning from than Sakho?

My only caveat is that he obviously has all the physical attributes, but I thought N'Diaye had all the physical attributes as well. What the hell do I know? I'll leave it to Roy and the gang to make the correct decisions - they've done pretty well so far.
Old 15-06-2018, 09:59 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiHedman View Post
More seriously - AWB looks a fantastic prospect from some quite limited evidence.

However, no other club would, for example, buy AWB above TFM.

TFM is the more valuable player at this moment in time. Would be a great signing for us but difficult to see where he fits in without stunting AWB's progress.
Let's see what TFM's relative worth is to AWB at the end of this season. I think we will be selling AWB, for big money, to a top side within the next two seasons. I agree there is a strong argument for giving TFM another go, if player and Wankers are amenable.
Old 15-06-2018, 03:32 PM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiHedman View Post
Oh dear
Ok so how do you explain that Roy chooses both AWB and Ward over TFM?
Old 05-07-2018, 07:09 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I still think hed be a great signing.
I cant see him playing for Man Utd, hes going to want to get games or at least be competitive. Also young enough to improve and get resale value.
I would agree with this. If Andros and Sako leave alongside Cabaye and RLC we will have cut the wagebill quite significantly, but will be left with a quite workmanlike midfield of Jairo, Luka and Jimmy Mac. I personally dont see TFM as a future CB like some, i went to Everton where he was positionally awful. I cant see Man United playing him so maybe a deal with them could be done. Theres definitely a player in there. Just need to get the best out of him.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:34 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
AWB has more between the ears than TFM who just seems to rely on his, admittedly tremendous, athleticism.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:39 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
We need to focus our budget elsewhere
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 05-07-2018, 07:41 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
AWB has more between the ears than TFM who just seems to rely on his, admittedly tremendous, athleticism.
He does. Im not suggesting TFM for the right back position though. We have two players for that position.in AWB and Ward.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:05 AM

LuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
He does. Im not suggesting TFM for the right back position though. We have two players for that position.in AWB and Ward.
Based on what you have seen of him Elgin, where do you see him playing? as you rightly say RB is now taken care of, so where.
Personally i was not impressed with his performances as nothing he did at RB warrants us going back in again, i dont see him having enough guile or inventivness to being a midfielder, so the only possibility would be eventually becoming a CB as i think that would be his best opportunity after a lot of learning.
But as we already have Riediwald who i see Central Defence as his eventual position, in time he will make an excellent sweeper/central defender himself, and as he is on the books should be given preference rather than lay out what will possibly be silly money Man U will demand, especially when it could be better spent elsewhere now. That is just my view.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:14 AM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Based on what you have seen of him Elgin, where do you see him playing? as you rightly say RB is now taken care of, so where.
Personally i was not impressed with his performances as nothing he did at RB warrants us going back in again, i dont see him having enough guile or inventivness to being a midfielder, so the only possibility would be eventually becoming a CB as i think that would be his best opportunity after a lot of learning.
But as we already have Riediwald who i see Central Defence as his eventual position, in time he will make an excellent sweeper/central defender himself, and as he is on the books should be given preference rather than lay out what will possibly be silly money Man U will demand, especially when it could be better spent elsewhere now. That is just my view.
But will they demand silly money who is unlikely to feature and whose value will likely decline as he rots in the reserves? Personally I was thinking of him as a similar but younger version of Joel Ward, but with more pace. Both can play in midfield. Think you need a couple of versatile players over a long season. Our midfield is looking a bit weak atm.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I like him a lot but with 2 right backs in the squad already (both of whom Roy preferred to TFM in the last few months of last season) coupled with me not liking him as a centre back, I think it'd be a waste of a valuable loan spot for this season.

If people are talking instead about signing him......I'd want to know what budget I'm playing with this summer first. I'd need to know if I have money available to purchase players who are potential first teamers for the future as opposed to now
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:19 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
We shouldn't waste our loans on defenders, we need attacking, flair players.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:07 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
We shouldn't waste our loans on defenders, we need attacking, flair players.
True.

Who said he was a loan target though? I was thinking we could buy him.

Pretty obvious really.