Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 18-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Playing a round

David Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS Murray
I just had a cup of hot chocolate

I could murder a pint of real scrumpy right now !!
Old 18-11-2006, 09:14 PM

dave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Morrisons are doing 4 of their 1.59 bottles for a fiver. A goodly selection too. Currently on Greene King's Strong Suffolk Vintage Ale. 6% volume.

LFC fansite
Old 18-11-2006, 09:26 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
Hebridean Gold for me... same brewery.
Thats a nice one too. Isle of skye great place for ale
Old 18-11-2006, 09:30 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Isle of Skye, great place, full stop.

I love it there, probably my favourite place in the world.

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 18-11-2006, 09:33 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Me too
Old 18-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Marmite Lover

macs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Arkells 3b's a lovely pint unfortunately can't get it up here in Bradford
Old 18-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Eaglesmad123
Thats a nice one too. Isle of skye great place for ale
I've just been browsing the Isle of Skye Brewery's website and they do look to have some decent ales. Their online catalogue is currently offline, unfortunately.

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old 18-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Oh, and I'm currently drinking a rather cheeky perry!

Old 19-11-2006, 12:35 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by the elusive k
You can't go far wrong with a glass of Badger ale and the Badger four pack is a great buy.

Tanglefoot
Golden Champion
Golden Glory
and they've now replaced Blandford Fly with the excellent First Gold.
Yes, that was the set.

With that k bit on your username, are you sure we're not related?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact a Family charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And donate here https://www.justgiving.com/CyclingtheSeason

or by texting CPFC16 5 (or whatever amount) to 70070 to donate to Contact a Family and make a difference today
Old 19-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Graffiti Arsist

Micky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ah, Stevek, you;re online too - thankyou, as ever, for the hospitalsesities.

On topic - is John Smiths supposed to be fizzy, as today it was in the Cherries?
Old 19-11-2006, 01:13 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
Originally posted by Micky Droy
...On topic - is John Smiths supposed to be fizzy, as today it was in the Cherries?
John Smiths is most definitely not on topic MD!

Old 19-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS Murray
Quote:

Have you tasted 'CU DHUB Black Whisky' ?

Enjoyed a visit to the Whisky Exchange

Last edited by PalaceFan in Alabama; 19-11-2006 at 04:33 PM.
Old 19-11-2006, 04:35 PM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just cooling a bottle of Stinger from the badger brewery, its a collaboration with Hugh Fernley - Whittingthingy who's river cottage is nearby, Its made with the addition of Stinging Nettles!!!

Anyone else tried it? Not sure if its available outside Dorset? Meant to tickle the toungue and be a bit spicy????
Old 19-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Eagle in the Borders

What are your local ales like, Phil?

For my delectation this evening, I shall be mostly drinking Marston's Owd Rodger.

Actually that's not really true as I only have one bottle. Mind you, at 7.6%, I suspect that's not such a bad thing...

I also have a bottle of Fiddler's Elbow (Wychwood Brewery) which I'm sure I've drunk before, but I'd better drink it just to make sure.

I shall report back...

Old 19-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
Originally posted by monkoid
Just cooling a bottle of Stinger from the badger brewery, its a collaboration with Hugh Fernley - Whittingthingy who's river cottage is nearby, Its made with the addition of Stinging Nettles!!!

Anyone else tried it? Not sure if its available outside Dorset? Meant to tickle the toungue and be a bit spicy????
Sounds a bit

Has it been brewed to accompany food?

Old 19-11-2006, 04:44 PM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Slimbloke'H'
Sounds a bit

Has it been brewed to accompany food?
From the Bottle:

I think we have produced a delicious and refreshing beer with true west country character and real depth. Its slightly spicy with a light bitterness and a subtle tingle that comes from the nettled. Equally good with summer barbeques and winter roasts - or while sitting on a hay bale, watching the sun go down..."

I shall be having with my Kedgeree I'm about to make!!
Old 19-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Meh, pffft.

cardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Not ale, but just starting in on the Edradour Unchillfiltered 10yo malt, in prep for next Friday...
Mmmmmm, Edradour. One of my very favourites...

... ah, the joy of a whisky tasting box at Odd-Bins.

Top job perk
Old 19-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS Murray
Quote:
What are your local ales like, Phil?
I prefer bottled WATER

We have a real classic 'Newcastle Brown' on draught
Like most imported beers it tastles nothing like the real thing.
Do they still make party kegs (cans)?
Old 19-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

Quote:
I also have a bottle of Fiddler's Elbow (Wychwood Brewery) which I'm sure I've drunk before, but I'd better drink it just to make sure.
On my visit in October, my son picked up a few (six) and can't tell you much about the rest of the evening, we had been drinking Pride and Harvey's.
Old 19-11-2006, 05:00 PM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I could murder a bottle of Fullers 1845 right now.