Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS Murray
Anyone tried 'First Cuckoo'?
This place is worth a visit To view the link you have to Register or Login

Murry(a) I understand someone has or is opening a brewery near Eastbourne 'Seven Sisters Sheep Centre', get a pint, eat a little and do not forget to take your wellies

Last edited by PalaceFan in Alabama; 19-11-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 19-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
Not ale, but just starting in on the Edradour Unchillfiltered 10yo malt, in prep for next Friday...
This is the only distillery that I have ever visitied and I bought a bottle of their single malt - a top tipple
Old 19-11-2006, 05:17 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behind
Used to enjoy a good black sheep until it went bit and its gone down hill a bit since then, although to keep me going if I'm (or if you people are) in Coniston one of theirs is always a nice treat!

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by monkoid
From the Bottle:

I think we have produced a delicious and refreshing beer with true west country character and real depth. Its slightly spicy with a light bitterness and a subtle tingle that comes from the nettled. Equally good with summer barbeques and winter roasts - or while sitting on a hay bale, watching the sun go down..."

I shall be having with my Kedgeree I'm about to make!!
Let us know what it tastes like!

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old 19-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Marmite Lover

macs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyonre up for starting a BBS beer club? We have a beer of the week and then review it? It would have to be one that we could all order through internet. What does everyone think?
Old 19-11-2006, 05:29 PM

Orpigtonpalace is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesOrpigtonpalace is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesOrpigtonpalace is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesOrpigtonpalace is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesOrpigtonpalace is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesOrpigtonpalace is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesOrpigtonpalace is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace aces
Scoot down to the bitter end offie in Bromley, real ale out of the cask and sold in a nice take home container. Usually 4-6 choices. Has some last night class in a glass
Old 19-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
On my visit in October, my son picked up a few (six) and can't tell you much about the rest of the evening, we had been drinking Pride and Harvey's.
I seem to remember it being quite a rich, full bodied ale, but I may be wrong...

Talking of Harveys, the Old should be in full flow by now. By far the best winter ale IMHO. I did the brewery tour many moons ago, and one of the guides admitted that their Best doesn't travel that well, which is why you don't see it in too many Free Houses.

The Victoria Tavern in Loughton carries it though, and by a strange quirk of fate, that's where I'll be heading after the Colchester Utd game!

Old 19-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
Used to enjoy a good black sheep until it went bit and its gone down hill a bit since then, although to keep me going if I'm (or if you people are) in Coniston one of theirs is always a nice treat!

To view the link you have to Register or Login
There's a gastro pub (which you may well know of) called the Drunken Duck not far from Higher Wray (between Coniston and Lake Windermere) where I'm sure I've drunk their 'Old Man'. A good pint.

Old 19-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
Originally posted by macs-tash
Anyonre up for starting a BBS beer club? We have a beer of the week and then review it? It would have to be one that we could all order through internet. What does everyone think?
I guess that's kinda where I was heading with this thread.

It get's my vote!

Old 19-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
Originally posted by Orpigtonpalace
Scoot down to the bitter end offie in Bromley, real ale out of the cask and sold in a nice take home container. Usually 4-6 choices. Has some last night class in a glass
There used to be an offie in South Woodford did that, although they only ever had two polypins on the go.

Old 19-11-2006, 05:56 PM
The Booji Boy!

Location: Royal Tunbridge Wells, KENT - Also an 'Edenbridge Eagle in Exile'
Dave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Quote:
Originally posted by Slimbloke'H'
There's a gastro pub (which you may well know of) called the Drunken Duck not far from Higher Wray (between Coniston and Lake Windermere) where I'm sure I've drunk their 'Old Man'. A good pint.
I've been there for a meal. It's right expensive
I don't know what's going on in the world these days. It seems that everybody's just got everything turned around. People don't seem to care about their fellow man. They're all going for that big ice-cream cone in the sky! They haven't figured out what happens when your eyes get bigger then your belly. Like an ostrich who eats his pizza with his head stuck in the sand. If they can't see it, it isn't there. And you know, it really *does* take a worried man!
Old 19-11-2006, 05:58 PM
The Booji Boy!

Location: Royal Tunbridge Wells, KENT - Also an 'Edenbridge Eagle in Exile'
Dave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not sayDave Nunn knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Quote:
Anyone tried 'First Cuckoo'?
This place is worth a visit To view the link you have to Register or Login

Murry(a) I understand someone has or is opening a brewery near Eastbourne 'Seven Sisters Sheep Centre', get a pint, eat a little and do not forget to take your wellies
I love the FILO, best pub in Hastings
I don't know what's going on in the world these days. It seems that everybody's just got everything turned around. People don't seem to care about their fellow man. They're all going for that big ice-cream cone in the sky! They haven't figured out what happens when your eyes get bigger then your belly. Like an ostrich who eats his pizza with his head stuck in the sand. If they can't see it, it isn't there. And you know, it really *does* take a worried man!
Old 19-11-2006, 05:59 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Orpigtonpalace
That sounds lovely. I've always been disappointed with the taste of bottled 'real ale'. Cask seems to be the only choice for me. (I'm surprised how many people here seem happy with bottled). When I drink at home, I normally drink Budwar instead of poor quality bottled ale. In pubs, it's bitter.
Old 19-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Nunn
I've been there for a meal. It's right expensive
Tell me about it - and the food's not that brilliant either IMHO.

Old 19-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Magnificent moustache

the elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by monkoid
Just cooling a bottle of Stinger from the badger brewery, its a collaboration with Hugh Fernley - Whittingthingy who's river cottage is nearby, Its made with the addition of Stinging Nettles!!!

Anyone else tried it? Not sure if its available outside Dorset? Meant to tickle the toungue and be a bit spicy????
My brother tried Stinger at the Great British Beerfest last year. I vaguely recall he didn't think much of it. Badger had one at this years festival called Hopping Hare which was lovely. I'm hoping they'll release it in bottles at some point.

I'm going to crack open a bottle of Old Ember in a while. Brewed by the Highgate brewery in Walsall, 6.5%.
Old 19-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
Originally posted by Louis
That sounds lovely. I've always been disappointed with the taste of bottled 'real ale'. Cask seems to be the only choice for me. (I'm surprised how many people here seem happy with bottled). When I drink at home, I normally drink Budwar instead of poor quality bottled ale. In pubs, it's bitter.
Don't get me wrong, bottled ale comes very much second best to the real thing, but for me it's still better than drinking lager.

Mind you, if I'm in a pub that has no cask ale, I'd rather drink a premium lager than keg bitter of any description.

Anyways, the Owd Rodger is no more and I have to say I'm mightily impressed. Bearing in mind it's pushing towards barley wine territory it's far more drinkable than say Old Peculier or the late, lamented Dogbolter.

Worth a try!

Old 19-11-2006, 08:36 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Slimbloke'H'
Anyways, the Owd Rodger is no more and I have to say I'm mightily impressed. Bearing in mind it's pushing towards barley wine territory it's far more drinkable than say Old Peculier or the late, lamented Dogbolter.
I don't know if you've tried it but I think you'd like Youngs Old Nick, it's a barley wine which I find very drinkable, although at 7.2% one bottle is normally enough
Old 19-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Nope, not one I'm familiar with, I'll look out for it.

I'm half way through the Fiddler's Elbow and less than impressed. I'm sure that others will (and do) find it absolutely fine but it's too hoppy for my tastes.

Old 19-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Playing a round

David Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS Murray
Quote:
I'm up for that - send me more info when you get it I've got a longer piece of string between my wellies now aswell
Old 23-12-2006, 01:07 PM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just off to Blanford to the badger brewery to stock up on a couple of slabs of Beer.

16 x First Gold
16 x Tanglefoot.

Mmmmm