Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-12-2006, 01:51 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behind
Had a nice "T'owd T'up" a few weeks ago, a nice dark ale, from another local brewery... the good thing about up here there are loads of small scale breweries to get some nice ale from.
Old 23-12-2006, 01:57 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
I was tempted by an Isle of Arran blonde ale I spotted in the supermarket yesterday but didnt succumb. Mind you I went in for some mince pies and christmas pud and came out instead with a bottle of Chilean Merlot and a bottle of port so it wasnt all bad
Old 23-12-2006, 01:58 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've never been there but a work colleague told me that the tasting nights at Westerham Brewery are well worth a visit.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
My local Tescos proved to only have lager lager lager (not wanted) + Speckled Hen / something else too ordinary so instantly forgotten + ubiquitous Glenmoranjie ... so looks like my hope of avoiding a trip into central Croydon is dashed. Didn't help that there's no longer any halfway decent offies near work since the Oddbins and Threshers on Victoria St closed. Not happy!
Old 23-12-2006, 03:15 PM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by mik59
My local Tescos proved to only have lager lager lager (not wanted) + Speckled Hen / something else too ordinary so instantly forgotten + ubiquitous Glenmoranjie ... so looks like my hope of avoiding a trip into central Croydon is dashed. Didn't help that there's no longer any halfway decent offies near work since the Oddbins and Threshers on Victoria St closed. Not happy!
I'm happy to ship some Badgers up for you. 20 for 16 bottles of any of thier range...bloody good value
Old 23-12-2006, 03:37 PM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Al From Bromley
I was tempted by an Isle of Arran blonde ale I spotted in the supermarket yesterday but didnt succumb. Mind you I went in for some mince pies and christmas pud and came out instead with a bottle of Chilean Merlot and a bottle of port so it wasnt all bad
Seeing as I'm up on the west coast of Scotland - near Fort William - for Xmas, I got a few bottles of the darker Isle of Arran ale for drinkage over the next few days, and about 10 bottles of Deuchars IPA.

LSEagle, the Westerham Brewery is good. I've never been round it, but their British Bulldog ale is excellent.
Old 23-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS Murray
I had a few days in Brussels and I had forgotten the selection offered and how good they were. They had me drinking Raspberry beer.
Brought back a nice selection of glasses that go with some of the beers.
Old 23-12-2006, 04:28 PM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The youngs winter warmer is not the same beer now they have stopped brewing in Wandsworth, not of them are to be fair. Had a few enjoyable pints of Skinners Christmas fairy last night, probably have a couple of pints of the hydes christmas beer after work.
Old 23-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I miss real beer.
Old 23-12-2006, 04:34 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by tomario
The youngs winter warmer is not the same beer now they have stopped brewing in Wandsworth
Tastes as good as ever as far as I'm concerned
Old 23-12-2006, 04:34 PM
www.************ .com

CPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
Had a nice "T'owd T'up" a few weeks ago, a nice dark ale, from another local brewery... the good thing about up here there are loads of small scale breweries to get some nice ale from.
A good thing about my town-that-shall-not-be-named is that it has the Jennings brewery in the middle of it which produces nice smells and holds tours with tasting sessions
Old 23-12-2006, 04:37 PM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
I miss real beer.
Happy to send a couple of crates to you if your happy to cover costs old chap???

Let me know Brewery is only up the road
Old 23-12-2006, 04:38 PM
www.************ .com

CPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Didn't Biggus mention on another thread that he got sent a crate of London Pride for Christmas? Why don't you nick some of that?
Old 23-12-2006, 04:42 PM

Didn't go for Tanglefoot in the end, got Badger First Gold, apparently it won gold medal in the Munich international brewers award. Going to have my first one in a minute with the beef stew I've been slowly cooking all day, that has a bottle of Spitfire poured in it
Old 23-12-2006, 04:52 PM

yorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally posted by monkoid
I'm 5 miles from the badger brewery, often pop in for a selection of their ales..... Fantastic
hello i run the true lovers knot at tarrant keyneston badger beer and a palace fan great ah pop in and see us (ask for antony anyday but wednesday)

Originally Posted by CPFC2010

"I think that this is the best suggestion that I have ever read on the BBS"
Old 23-12-2006, 05:00 PM
www.************ .com

Do you serve Fiddler's Elbow and Hobgoblin? I seem to remember them being from Yorkshire and rather nice.
Old 23-12-2006, 05:03 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Not sure if this counts as proper twig beer, but have just bought four bottles of Fuller's Discovery. It's my local beer at home, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out they sell it at the Waitrose near my mum's down here in Wurzel-land.
Old 23-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by CPFC Guy
Didn't Biggus mention on another thread that he got sent a crate of London Pride for Christmas? Why don't you nick some of that?
I got a case of 24 from old ginger bollox.....its nice, but its not the same as hand pulled.
Old 23-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Originally posted by monkoid
Happy to send a couple of crates to you if your happy to cover costs old chap???

Let me know Brewery is only up the road
That'd be good, but very expensive.
Old 23-12-2006, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
That'd be good, but very expensive.
Sod ya then