Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 21-08-2015, 07:15 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Also, Lindemans are far too sweet for my tastes, due to their over the top backsweetening. Proper lambics shouldn't taste like that IMO.
Old 21-08-2015, 07:39 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've at least had one from the list!
Old 21-08-2015, 07:40 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle View Post
Also, Lindemans are far too sweet for my tastes, due to their over the top backsweetening. Proper lambics shouldn't taste like that IMO.
I recommend Hanssens Oude Kriek.

A lambic so sour it will turn your face inside out.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-08-2015, 10:37 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
10k posts. Who'd have thunk it!

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old 21-08-2015, 10:42 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Entering two of my beers in next month's national homebrew competition to see what feedback I get. Should be exciting.
Old 21-08-2015, 01:27 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random* View Post
Sorry but that list is bollocks. It's a list of 20 very good largely North American beers with a couple of outsiders that are quite well known in the U.S.

I'd be surprised if the author has even left North America in their beer drinking life.
It is definitely weird. I suspect the number of beers sampled was no more than 21.
Old 21-08-2015, 01:32 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
I recommend Hanssens Oude Kriek.

A lambic so sour it will turn your face inside out.
As far as I can see the only rationale for drinking a beer like this would be if your face looked better inside out. Or maybe if you've just come back from a few days on Pluto and will drink anything. Same goes for gose - brewed with salted water.
Perhaps there should be a breakaway Beer for Masochists thread...
Old 21-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePenge View Post
As far as I can see the only rationale for drinking a beer like this would be if your face looked better inside out. Or maybe if you've just come back from a few days on Pluto and will drink anything. Same goes for gose - brewed with salted water.
Perhaps there should be a breakaway Beer for Masochists thread...
Agree - not a fan of anything sour. Don't like saisons either, and think "farmhouse ales" are just as bad.
Old 21-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Sacrilege
Old 21-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
It is a bit. Sours are awesome.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
No, no they're not.

Old 21-08-2015, 07:48 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They're awesome when they're awesome.
Old 21-08-2015, 07:56 PM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sour beers are amazing, but then H used to hate hops
Old 21-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Eagle in the Borders

That's a tad harsh...

Old 21-08-2015, 09:51 PM

Given that most if not all of us have easy access to some amazing beers, when is a sour beer the right choice ?
Old 21-08-2015, 09:59 PM

NickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Wow - never heard of Tilted Barn and I spent a few days in RI last year.Will put them on the "To Visit" list.Thanks for the other tips too.
They opened in November last year. They were growing hops for brewers and I think they thought they should give it a go themselves. They are in Exeter, RI.

For beers here in the U.S. the website beeradvocate.com is pretty good. Sorry of someone else already made the suggestion.

Tilted barn has a website, and they are currently only open once a week. Several of the small breweries in VT don't produce much volume and it can be difficult to find their beer, so i would advise doing some research before you go.

Last edited by NickinOx; 21-08-2015 at 10:07 PM.
Old 21-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Crow Counting

Quote:
Given that most if not all of us have easy access to some amazing beers, when is a sour beer the right choice ?
Never.

HTH.
Old 21-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Crow Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
No, no they're not.
You must spread rep...
Old 21-08-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
Never.

HTH.
I know but I had a brief spasm of broad mindedness and became curious. Anyone for a pint of Rhubarb concentrate ? (I see the spasm's over. - ed
Old 21-08-2015, 11:03 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
You must spread rep...
No such trouble this end...