Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Eagle
She is just beautiful

I've fallen down those steps a few times.

I don't miss them by the way
Visited many a time when my son lived in East Grinstead
Old 25-12-2006, 05:54 PM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm just about to crack open a Young's Christmas pudding ale. Seasons greetings all!
Old 25-12-2006, 05:56 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Merry Christmas Webb
Old 25-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Still Lurking the BBS

Stanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Webb
I'm just about to crack open a Young's Christmas pudding ale. Seasons greetings all!
My daughter bought me one in a presentation tube with a straight glass. What's it like- I haven't opened mine yet.
Old 26-12-2006, 01:52 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Look, there is my old stool

Post of the year!!!

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old 26-12-2006, 01:53 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Stanley Boy
My daughter bought me one in a presentation tube with a straight glass. What's it like- I haven't opened mine yet.
Absolutely, what was it like?

Old 26-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Still Lurking the BBS

Stanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Slimbloke'H'
Absolutely, what was it like?
Had mine last night.
Really nice, although I couldn't drink a lot of it in one session.
After a few seconds on the tongue you tasted this really fruity taste- just like christmas pud in fact.
Old 26-12-2006, 11:36 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
My mum's other half brough a coupler of bottles of Spitfire with him, which was nice.
Old 26-12-2006, 11:37 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Quote:
I miss Hartfield
Drove through there on Sunday and will be doing so again tomorrow.
Old 26-12-2006, 01:11 PM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Only in momnets of weakness Joe, or before or after watching Palace.

Hydes Yule be back is a nice beer, enjoyed a few pits of it yesterday in the pub.
Old 26-12-2006, 10:28 PM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Stanley Boy
Had mine last night.
Really nice, although I couldn't drink a lot of it in one session.
After a few seconds on the tongue you tasted this really fruity taste- just like christmas pud in fact.
Yeah, it was very nice and seasonal - although I'm glad it came in a 275ml bottle. I'd struggle to finish a 500ml bottle, due to the richness. And it really was like drinking liquid Christmas Pud!
Old 27-12-2006, 10:16 AM

griggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
I shall be opening a bottle or two of this tonight courtesy of Santa

Old 29-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Marmite Lover

macs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just been to Cornwall over xmas to see the in laws and St Austell brewery have 2 very nice bitters - one called Doombar and the other was Tribute. Tribute gets the nod over Doombar but both are excellent.
Old 29-12-2006, 03:51 PM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I do like tribute, very nice beer. Skinners also brew some nice beer in that part of the world.
Old 29-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Mamba

gags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have started supping on bottles of To view the link you have to Register or Login in my local in Herne Hill. Sometimes I wish I could climb inside my pint glass and swim around in it.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Well, here we are again...

My first ale this evening was Gold Miner from the To view the link you have to Register or Login in Cinderford, which is in the Forest of Dean. Actually, their website doesn't list this one as it's brewed exclusively for the Co-op, which is a shame as I fancy it would make a damn fine cask ale. It has a really full-on, in your face flavour that hints of barley wine, yet it's only 5% by volume. Well worth trying if you get the chance!

Next up is (as I'm still supping) a bottle of Old Henry from To view the link you have to Register or Login in Cleobury Mortimer. What an absolutely gold-plated top notch ale!!!

I don't think I've ever drunk bottled ale without that little bit of carbonation they use for shelf life - this thing tastes completely like it's just been poured from a cask. Fantastic taste, slips down the throat like only the very best session ales can (all gone now), with a 5.2% kick. And according to their website, you can buy it from them by the polypin!

More to come...

Old 10-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Next up is Thwaites Strong Ale - again brewed exclusively for the Co-op.

They needn't have bothered!

Old 11-01-2007, 08:31 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Slimbloke'H'
Next up is Thwaites Strong Ale - again brewed exclusively for the Co-op.

They needn't have bothered!
I've never been a fan of Thwaites beers, an old friend of mine from Blackburn used to rave about their dark mild but I wasn't impressed with it when I tried it.

My current favourite session beer is Hop Head from the Dark Star brewery in Sussex, it is light in both colour and body but very hoppy with a hint of citrus. They normally have it in the Beer Circus in South Croydon.
Old 26-05-2007, 09:53 AM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thought I'd let you all know, I've just got back from the Badgre brewery up the road to stock up on Champion, a lovely summer bitter and the Badger boys have launched a new Bitter

HOPPING HARE.

It has hope added 3 times during brewing so is very hoppy.

I'll report back later what it tastes like.
Old 26-05-2007, 10:07 AM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Gawd that brings back memories of living in Mow Cop, Cheshire.

Peddie & Owd was a classic - and messy - combination
I had 2 pints of Peddie last night. Lovely.