Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-05-2007, 04:10 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnA
I had 2 pints of Peddie last night. Lovely.
Like sulphur it tastes, I am not a fan.
Old 26-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Smoz
Like sulphur it tastes, I am not a fan.
It doesn't travel well but on its home patch it is excellent.

(Marsden's head brewer left when it was decided to sell Pedigree nationally as he didn't believe they would be able to maintain quality. He is now firmly ensconsed in the Sole Bay Brewery producing some wonderful Adnams ales)
Old 26-05-2007, 04:47 PM

yorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down low
hi if you want quality ales badgers your best bet and heres a pic(hopefully!) of the best god dam pub in the uk the true lovers knot tarrant keyneston To view the link you have to Register or Login
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0056.jpg (1.55 MB, 10 views)

Originally Posted by CPFC2010

"I think that this is the best suggestion that I have ever read on the BBS"
Old 26-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire eagle
hi if you want quality ales badgers your best bet and heres a pic(hopefully!) of the best god dam pub in the uk the true lovers knot tarrant keyneston To view the link you have to Register or Login
From beerintheevening.com

"The landlord and landlady are also very passionate about what they are trying to achieve, and I know that they will manage it, but watch out he is from Yorkshire, and enjoys stating the fact."
Old 26-05-2007, 05:01 PM

yorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowyorkshire eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down low
guilty as charged 100%yorkshire 101%palace till i die! oh and i have a brighton fan stoping in one of my rooms and hes ever so nice but (get this) hes got a lady with him! jesus 20 years in the trade and you think you have seen it all

Originally Posted by CPFC2010

"I think that this is the best suggestion that I have ever read on the BBS"
Old 26-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Eagle
...(Marsden's head brewer left when it was decided to sell Pedigree nationally as he didn't believe they would be able to maintain quality. He is now firmly ensconsed in the Sole Bay Brewery producing some wonderful Adnams ales)
Adnams Broadside is the finest ale known to man.

FACT

It so disappoints me that I can't make a decent avatar from the Broadside logo!

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old 16-11-2007, 08:51 PM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Off for a trip to the badger brewery tommorrow to buy some of this.... will report
Old 16-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
try McCludden's

greatest ale ever
Old 16-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I just opened a Wychwood mixed 4 pack, on the Hobgoblin atm.
Old 16-11-2007, 08:57 PM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
I just opened a Wychwood mixed 4 pack, on the Hobgoblin atm.
Good drop that. I'm supping a badger first Gold. Last bottle hence the trip tommorrow, I'm quite lucky to be 15 mins drive away.

Though my liver disagrees!!!!

If anyone ever wants any PM me as I drive up for home games
Old 16-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Still Lurking the BBS

Stanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Had an interesting conversation with a barmaid in The 'Spoons in Wallington at lunchtime. They've got a range of festive ales, one of which is Robinsons "Old Tom", 8.5% alc. Hmmm.. I haven't got to drive anywhere today so I order a pint of Old Tom.
"I'm sorry Sir, we can't sell you a pint of that".
"Why not"?
"We can't sell beers greater than 8% proof in pints- I can sell you two halfs though".
"Isn't that the same as a pint"?
"No- it's two halves".
"All right- I'll have two halves"
"Anything else Sir"?
"Can I have an empty pint glass too please"
"Yes of course Sir".

The World's gone bloody mad!
Had to go home for a nap afterwards.
Old 16-11-2007, 09:09 PM
www.************ .com

CPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Stanley Boy
Had an interesting conversation with a barmaid in The 'Spoons in Wallington at lunchtime. They've got a range of festive ales, one of which is Robinsons "Old Tom", 8.5% alc. Hmmm.. I haven't got to drive anywhere today so I order a pint of Old Tom.
"I'm sorry Sir, we can't sell you a pint of that".
"Why not"?
"We can't sell beers greater than 8% proof in pints- I can sell you two halfs though".
"Isn't that the same as a pint"?
"No- it's two halves".
"All right- I'll have two halves"
"Anything else Sir"?
"Can I have an empty pint glass too please"
"Yes of course Sir".

The World's gone bloody mad!
Had to go home for a nap afterwards.
It's ridiculous.

The festival ales do look good though. Nice n cheap too. When does it finish?
Old 16-11-2007, 09:10 PM

peter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lets hear it for Dark Stars Hophead (Evening Star, Brighton an hour ago).
Old 16-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Still Lurking the BBS

Stanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by CPFC Guy
It's ridiculous.

The festival ales do look good though. Nice n cheap too. When does it finish?
When it's all gone, I would guess.

Nothing to do with beers but I was amused to read this write up about The White Bear pub, Fickleshole, on a real ale site:

"Haven't visited this pub for a long time. plenty of Chavs plus Chav dogs in the garden area. As we walked through the door of the pub a 40 year old woman burped quite loudly whilst sitting eating at her table (with two other nice "lady" friends), another young lady was eating with her knife pointing in the air! I feel this pub is possibly a bit too close to New Addington for comfort, but I am still prepared to reserve my opinion and wait for a second visit, possibly in another 10 years time".

More here:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Stanley Boy; 16-11-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 16-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have 'spoons got Pickled Santa this year? It's the only reason I ever set foot in one of those soulless dives.
Old 16-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Now on the Circle Master
Old 16-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Bearded since 2004.

Dal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by peter.sutton
Lets hear it for Dark Stars Hophead (Evening Star, Brighton an hour ago).
Great beer, great pub. I really miss both but beer is great up North.

"You won't be listening anyway - you'll be picking your bum or listening to Pulp...'

"Use a plate! I've hoovered in here today, you cock!"

"Don't be a Gay all your life!"

"Does that mean our children will have monkey's skulls?"

"I don't want to inhale your urine!"

"Have you farted into a sponge or something?"

"You absolute pretentious ballsack!"

"You're a hairy, gay, Special Needs tramp!"

"Oh Google your own fat, flabby arse!"
Old 17-11-2007, 09:10 AM

Ah cold and damp down here this morning, perfect beer buying weather. Obviously combined with a hearty pub lunch, a pint of badger in the brewery pub!!!!!!!!!

How is the Wytchwood hangover?
Old 17-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Surprisingly I don't have one. I only normally get them from wime.
Old 17-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Still Lurking the BBS

I was working in Widnes last Friday and a local pub sold a mild type beer called "Chestnut". T'was only 1 per pint and not at all bad.
Who says it's grim up North?