Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
Have 'spoons got Pickled Santa this year? It's the only reason I ever set foot in one of those soulless dives.
not sure, but the boozer opposite big ben (st saviors possibly) had pickled partridge last week when up there for remembrance sunday. from the badger beer brewery i think.

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 17-11-2007, 10:15 AM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I love winter, switch from Cider to bitter as soon as the clocks go back.
Old 17-11-2007, 10:16 AM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by King William
not sure, but the boozer opposite big ben (st saviors possibly) had pickled partridge last week when up there for remembrance sunday. from the badger beer brewery i think.
Yep, off to buy some from the brewery shop.... was it any good before I buy a slab?
Old 17-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by monkoid
Yep, off to buy some from the brewery shop.... was it any good before I buy a slab?
not sure - as didnt try it. I was put off by the fact that even though it was from the pump they inssited on selling it to the geezer before me in a gay poncy glass (marketing purposes I presume), so didn tbuy it.
let me know though what you think, if you get one

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 17-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Magnificent moustache

the elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by monkoid
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Off for a trip to the badger brewery tommorrow to buy some of this.... will report

What did you think of the Pickled Partridge? I tried that at the GBBF in August. Odd tasting I thought but the burps that followed it were truly foul. They smelled like Pickled Onion flavour Monster Munch

I had a bottle of Poacher's Choice from Badger a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely delicious!
Old 17-11-2007, 01:05 PM
living in a bubble

Lord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Am considering buying a polypin ( about a 25 pint container thingy) of Sussex best from the Harveys Brewery. Did this last year for my daughters christening and it works about about £2 a pint.

The only problem I found is that the last two- three pints are undrinkable as they are full of sediment. I guess this is par for the course though.
Old 17-11-2007, 02:29 PM

Right a case of Pickled Partridge, a case of Poachers choice and a case of first gold....... Oh and a bottle of Pumpkin ale.

Tasting will be tommorrow as off to a black tie ball tonight.

Glad you liked poachers..... 5.7% should be good stuff.

They have started selling 36 pint drums of ale with a month sell by and once opened 3 days.

Think this may tick the boxes for a Dorset christmas at monkoids. Have to give a weeks notice and they fill it from the cask alongside the kegs for the pubs
Old 17-11-2007, 02:52 PM
www.************ .com

CPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Stanley Boy
When it's all gone, I would guess.

Nothing to do with beers but I was amused to read this write up about The White Bear pub, Fickleshole, on a real ale site:

"Haven't visited this pub for a long time. plenty of Chavs plus Chav dogs in the garden area. As we walked through the door of the pub a 40 year old woman burped quite loudly whilst sitting eating at her table (with two other nice "lady" friends), another young lady was eating with her knife pointing in the air! I feel this pub is possibly a bit too close to New Addington for comfort, but I am still prepared to reserve my opinion and wait for a second visit, possibly in another 10 years time".

More here:
Good ol' Addington! Can't say I'm gutted not to be livi9ng there anymore.

I saw a poster about the festival beers and there was an end date, I can't remember what it was though.
Old 17-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Very Senior Member

dougdeep has to read the song lyrics on the big screendougdeep has to read the song lyrics on the big screendougdeep has to read the song lyrics on the big screendougdeep has to read the song lyrics on the big screendougdeep has to read the song lyrics on the big screendougdeep has to read the song lyrics on the big screendougdeep has to read the song lyrics on the big screendougdeep has to read the song lyrics on the big screendougdeep has to read the song lyrics on the big screendougdeep has to read the song lyrics on the big screendougdeep has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Flange
Am considering buying a polypin ( about a 25 pint container thingy) of Sussex best from the Harveys Brewery. Did this last year for my daughters christening and it works about about £2 a pint.

The only problem I found is that the last two- three pints are undrinkable as they are full of sediment. I guess this is par for the course though.
You can buy it clear, but it only keeps for a short time.

Last edited by dougdeep; 17-11-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old 17-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Flange

Thats the drawback with buying good, natural product I'm afraid.
Old 17-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 17-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
At my dad's wedding I got seriously ••••ed on Sussex Best and downed a couple of pints of that sediment stuff. Give it a go, I was fine.
Old 18-11-2007, 05:43 PM

Just had a bottle of the Poachers choice with dinner.

A lovely beer, very fruity and spicy. Its pretty heavy going though, def not a session bitter. More a pint in front of a roaring fire on a sunday PM. At 5.7% a session on it could get messy!!!!

Incidentaly it was a perfect match with the onion and madiera gravy I had on my sausages.

Pickled partridge to try next, then Pumpkin ale.

I shall report.
Old 18-11-2007, 05:46 PM

Poachers choice is available from Tesco online and selected Shops. Worth a try beer lovers
Old 19-11-2007, 09:11 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
just opened some st peters winter ale in a flask shaped bottle-ver y nice
Old 19-11-2007, 09:37 PM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just had a bottle of Badger's Blandford Fly. It was unexpectedly very gingery, but otherwise quite good.

I've prematurely bought a bottle of Youngs Christmas Pud ale aswell.
Old 19-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Still Lurking the BBS

Stanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Webb

I've prematurely bought a bottle of Youngs Christmas Pud ale aswell.
I was given a bottle of that for Christmas last year. Watch out for the threepenny bit.
Old 19-11-2007, 09:46 PM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Stanley Boy
I was given a bottle of that for Christmas last year. Watch out for the threepenny bit.
I had a small 330ml bottle last year, and could only just manage to drink it - it was very rich. This one is a 500ml, and will actually kill me. Prehaps.
Old 19-11-2007, 09:52 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Winter Warmer is back in Young's pubs.

Also thanks for the tip about Weatherspoon's Ale Festival.
Old 19-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Still Lurking the BBS

Stanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStanley Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnA
Winter Warmer is back in Young's pubs.

Also thanks for the tip about Weatherspoon's Ale Festival.
Have you tried "Old Tom" yet?