Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 14-11-2012, 11:11 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Read a decent e-book t'other day centred around a fictional South London prog rock band... thought you prog types might enjoy it.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc
Just listening to the new Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited 2 - reinterpretations old Genesis classics (mostly Gabriel era)
Lots of Prog greats guesting.
Absolutely unbelieveably good - helps to take the mind off the current managerial nightmare
But not nearly as good as the originals of course :P

Going to see The Musical Box on Sunday play LLDOB in it's entirety, costumes and all.

Old 15-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Fish tickets go on sale tomorrow for the O2 Academy in May
Old 16-11-2012, 07:49 AM
F E A R

Hedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle
Fish tickets go on sale tomorrow for the O2 Academy in May
Cheers - managed to get one on O2 Priority yesterday. Surely he should be playing a London venue bigger than this one?

Looking forward to next spring - Marillion in Holland in March and Wolverhampton in April and then Fish in London in May :-)
Old 16-11-2012, 09:10 AM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace
But not nearly as good as the originals of course :P

Going to see The Musical Box on Sunday play LLDOB in it's entirety, costumes and all.
Great YouTube clips

Got my tickets for Steve Hackett at Hammersmith next year for Genesis Revisited.

I'm not going, but I'm sure The Musical Box will be good. I've seen them before and not been disappointed. Enjoy!
Old 16-11-2012, 09:14 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've seen them 6 times, I think - certainly I've seen them do The Lamb 3 times.

That album was made for live performances, I reckon.
Old 16-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
This'll be my 3rd.
Seen them do the Lamb once before and their Trick of the Tail tour (including a rendition of Cinema Show that was so note perfectly good it brought tears to my eyes)
Old 16-11-2012, 10:01 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yeah, my favourite gig of theirs was the Selling England...one. Cinema Show is just glorious - one of my favourite songs ever, along with Firth Of Fifth.
Old 17-11-2012, 09:26 AM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Gooders, you have an impeccable taste in music
Old 17-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgie
Cheers - managed to get one on O2 Priority yesterday. Surely he should be playing a London venue bigger than this one?

Looking forward to next spring - Marillion in Holland in March and Wolverhampton in April and then Fish in London in May :-)

Last proper Fish only gig in London was at Shepherds Bush, 1,500 there.
Old 17-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Ex-Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooders
Cinema Show is just glorious - one of my favourite songs ever, along with Firth Of Fifth.
My top two all time favs

repworthy but I must spread...
Old 17-11-2012, 10:28 PM
F E A R

Hedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle
Last proper Fish only gig in London was at Shepherds Bush, 1,500 there.
I was at that gig, it's been a long time since! Islington Academy holds 800, maybe he's worried that he's lost some of that following?
Old 25-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Just booked up:-

Steve Hackett - May 2013

Roger Waters - The Wall - Sept 2013

Peter Gabriel - October 2013
Old 25-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooders
Yeah, my favourite gig of theirs was the Selling England...one. Cinema Show is just glorious - one of my favourite songs ever, along with Firth Of Fifth.
Mine too, and for TMB, the selling tour was also my favourite.

I saw LLDOB three times, Selling England twice, Foxtrot once and TOTT once.
Old 26-11-2012, 12:24 AM
No Islands in This Desert

welshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Twelfth Night anybody?

Old 26-11-2012, 03:25 PM

FOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Went to see Greg Lake last night at Shepherds Bush - Songs of a Lifetime tour. Excellent evening although probably a bit to much chat. Last saw him live 42 years ago at Fairfield Halls in King Crimson supporting The Nice - scary !!!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Lead Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOSSBLOKE
Went to see Greg Lake last night at Shepherds Bush - Songs of a Lifetime tour. Excellent evening although probably a bit to much chat. Last saw him live 42 years ago at Fairfield Halls in King Crimson supporting The Nice - scary !!!

I saw Greg in Guildford a couple of weeks ago; it was nice hearing all the stories, especially about his working with Gary Moore.

There isn't going to be an ELP reunion; you could tell Keith Emerson didn't sound up for it - was glad I got to see them at High Voltage in 2010
Old 05-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Lead Worshipper

Just booked tickets for It bites on 16th December

Scala, Pentonville road - never been there - anyone know what it's like?
Old 15-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Palace/Panionios

Twelfth Night live NOW

Old 15-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Addobellend, apparently

addopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Someone that I used to work with in 1997 played me a king crimson album.

He kept playing the same bit and inviting me to appreciate the drumming. The guy was a bit of a caner, but even still.

For those that are familiar with King Crimson, does Robert Fripp play guitar as he did on Scary Monsters, David Bowie's last great album? Interested to know because I wouldn't have known the name of Fripp back in 1997.