Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 28-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Old 07-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
This weekend i am at Summersend

Friday
Steve Hackett (UK) To view the link you have to Register or Login

Saturday - evening

Pallas (UK) To view the link you have to Register or Login To view the link you have to Register or Login
RPWL (DE) To view the link you have to Register or Login To view the link you have to Register or Login

Saturday afternoon
Parallel or 90 Degrees (UK) To view the link you have to Register or Login To view the link you have to Register or Login
Quantum Fantay (Belgium) To view the link you have to Register or Login To view the link you have to Register or Login
Godsticks (UK) To view the link you have to Register or Login

Sunday evening
Pendragon (UK) To view the link you have to Register or Login
Karnataka (UK) To view the link you have to Register or Login

Sunday afternoon
Also Eden (UK/Holland) To view the link you have to Register or Login To view the link you have to Register or Login
Mr So and So (UK) To view the link you have to Register or Login To view the link you have to Register or Login
IO Earth (UK) To view the link you have to Register or Login To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Join the new facebook group at: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 08-10-2009, 08:59 AM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Enjoy!
Old 17-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Palace/Panionios

Old 31-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Palace/Panionios

Oceansize played to a sold out Peel last night
Old 31-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Seig Neil

hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan
I used to love It Bites.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:27 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle
Oceansize played to a sold out Peel last night
They are quality.Got two of their albums.They use three guitarists no?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
This Saturday
Old 08-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Palace/Panionios

Old 15-11-2009, 11:04 AM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Steve Hackett at the 02 Shepherds Bush Empire last night was fantastic.
He played a few Genesis classics, Firth of Fifth, Los Endos, Fly on a Windshield, his new CD, plus the best of his back catalogue. Just outstanding, a great atmosphere, there's no substitute for class that's for sure.

I'm tempted by 'Yes' on tuesday, but without Rick Wakeman & Jon Anderson I think I might be disappointed.
If I only see one more gig this year I think it's going to have to be IQ next month.

Last edited by jhc; 15-11-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 15-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc
Steve Hackett at the 02 Shepherds Bush Empire last night was fantastic.
He played a few Genesis classics, Firth of Fifth, Los Endos, Fly on a Windshield, his new CD, plus the best of his back catalogue. Just outstanding, a great atmosphere, there's no substitute for class that's for sure.

I'm tempted by 'Yes' on tuesday, but without Rick Wakeman & Jon Anderson I think I might be disappointed.
If I only see one more gig this year I think it's going to have to be IQ next month.

Saw Steve Hackett at Summersend, it was the same set, he was excellent and the band was excellent too, even with a bit of Kajagogoo
Old 16-11-2009, 12:55 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc
Give it a whirl.
I'm going. Got two Row G stalls seats for 25 each.
Loads of deals at the ticket agencies.
If you go with an open mind, you'll enjoy it.

I must admit, I'm just curious to see how far Chris Squire's gut is hanging over the fretboard this time around......

Old 18-11-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista
Give it a whirl.
I'm going. Got two Row G stalls seats for 25 each.
Loads of deals at the ticket agencies.
If you go with an open mind, you'll enjoy it.

I must admit, I'm just curious to see how far Chris Squire's gut is hanging over the fretboard this time around......

I didn't go last night.
Was it worth it?
Old 18-11-2009, 10:47 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc
I didn't go last night.
Was it worth it?
Really enjoyable evening.
I have to say, it was a pleasant relief not to have to hear Anderson's hippy drivel between songs, though Howe appears to have developed Tourettes late in life, with the odd bellow into the mic!

The sound, in the early part of the set, was too quiet and lacked balance, but it improved as the evening progressed.
It's always struck me that this 'home town' gig always seems to make the band a little nervous, and they up their game as a result.
The tempo during the opening SK was all over the shop, largely because they started it way too slow.
I think Wakeman Jr appears to have come in for some unfair criticism on this forum over the last few months. I thought he performed really well, and his sounds were generally an improvement on his dad's latter-day performances. He was just too low in the mix for much of the set.

I was sat about eight rows back in front of Howe. What a musician.
He will never be a rhythm guitar player - his chords are often a half a beat behind the track - but his improvisation last night was out of this world.

Benoit was a revelation. He handles Anderson's parts without it ever feeling like he is cloning them. He dresses like a gay waiter, moonlighting as a mime artist, but he has an energy which the band sorely needed. I don't buy all the crap about Anderson's 'spiritual' presence. It's a load of embarrassing hippy hokey. Watching Ben pogo with delight towards the end of the set was fantastic - I think he was equally pleased and relieved with the reception he received in London.
Squire's bass sound was a bit indistinct - we felt the power but not the subtlety, and he is now a huge physical specimen. The Rick, which is not an insubstantial bit of kit, looked like a toy in his hands. He also seems to be turning into Ken Russell!

We were treated to a set without an interval last night, which was great. It allowed the energy and rapport with the audience to build. I didn't hear any negativity last night - everyone appeared to be willing them on, and the band responded.
I could have done without Tempus Fugit and South Side, which, the way they were played last night, were too similar to be side by side in the same set. Onward was lovely, AYAI seemed to lack a bit of sparkle.
YIND was where the band really lifted off, and HOTS - never one of my favourite classic Yes tracks - was far and away the best performance of the night.
I looked around, and I didn't see many empty seats in the venue.
All in all, not classic Yes, but a damned good show.
I'm glad I didn't miss it.
Old 19-11-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista
I'm glad I didn't miss it.
I've seen them many times over the years, but I'm sorry I did miss it now.
Still, that's life!
Old 24-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Palace/Panionios

Old 02-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:

Should be a full house for Pallas, i'm heading there after Selhurst
Old 06-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Palace/Panionios

Pallas were excellent and The Peel was packed out
Old 10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Palace/Panionios

Pendragon Christmad show in Leamington Spa this weekend
Old 10-12-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Pendragon Christmad show in Leamington Spa this weekend
Should be good, but I'll be going to the IQ gig in Islington on saturday!