Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 30-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
iphone users

Questions:

1: Do you love or hate the software keyboard?
2: Do you find it generally fast and responsive?
3: Is there any way to download podcasts without using a PC or MAC i.e direct to the device?

Ta
Old 30-12-2007, 02:45 PM

congress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I dont have the iphone but have the ipod touch.

To download podcasts to either of them you have to jailbreak your iphone or ipod touch .Then you can install an application which is supposed to let it do it for you.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
That above might sort you out.

Other than that I have found a website for the ipod touch that has all the bbc podcasts on them. You can then using wifi download to your ipod touch.Once loaded you can disconnect from the wifi and listen to the podcast but you cannot save it.
Old 30-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Doucoure Enjoyer

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can i hi-jack this thread?

Too late , i want to know,

Is it worth it?

I want to buy the iPhone mainly because i need a new iPod and i was going to get the iTouch 8gb (£199), but i thought, 'im bored of my phone i want a new one'.

The iPhone (£269) has a 8gb iPod built in, i don't want to spend the same amount on the iTouch 16gb, i might as well get the Phone for the same amount of money.

BUT! Mates and family have been telling me the Phone's not worth the £269 and i should get the 16gb iTouch and get a contract phone where the handset is free and get a better pay monthly rate (e.g. Viewty etc, something with a touch screen, because, lets be honest, the £35 a month tariff on the iPhone is only for 200 mins and 200 texts.

OK! Got a bit carried away there with figures and facts, bottom line is:

Do i get the,
  • iPhone : £269 and £35 a month for 200 mins and texts.
  • iPod Touch 8gb : £199 and a touch screen contract phone
  • iPod Touch 16gb : £269 and a touch screen contract phone

Arggghhhh soooooo many choices!

Help
Gamertag: Baarnzz
Old 30-12-2007, 03:14 PM

congress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wouldnt bother with the 8gb touch.I have a 16gb and what with films music and photos I already have to pick and choose what I put on it.It is a nice bit of kit to use but go for the 16gb if anything.

Vodafone have a Samsung f700 going for free at the moment on 30quid a month contracts but I do know that the 02 contract on the iphone is unlimited internet on it.

Films and music videos really do look good on the touch though.
Old 30-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
jp i have the viewty and it's nothing special, wish i'd stuck with sonyericcssons, they're much better
Old 30-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
dave, if the touch keyboard is anything like the viewty, which i think it is, then it's a nightmare and should be avoided
Old 30-12-2007, 04:27 PM

CPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by GodstoneEagle
dave, if the touch keyboard is anything like the viewty, which i think it is, then it's a nightmare and should be avoided
I assume the keyboard is like it is on the Touch. My brother has got a touch and i think its a pretty neat gadget. I set some of the setting sup such as the wifi for him and the keyboard was easy to get the hang of and use. Although im not sure if the screen size on the touch is larger then it is on the iphone cant 100% remember.

I have been deciding to buy the iphone or not and jailbreak it as i would want to use my simplicity tarrif and get the o2 web addon as it would make the tariff far more appealing.

As you "buy" the phone i dont see the need for o2 to make you to take out a contract stupid marketing malarky.
Old 30-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by GodstoneEagle
Then how else can you use it? There is no other keyboard.

TBH I was looking for opinions of people who actually had an Iphone
Old 30-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by CPFC Town
I assume the keyboard is like it is on the Touch. My brother has got a touch and i think its a pretty neat gadget. I set some of the setting sup such as the wifi for him and the keyboard was easy to get the hang of and use. Although im not sure if the screen size on the touch is larger then it is on the iphone cant 100% remember.

I have been deciding to buy the iphone or not and jailbreak it as i would want to use my simplicity tarrif and get the o2 web addon as it would make the tariff far more appealing.

As you "buy" the phone i dont see the need for o2 to make you to take out a contract stupid marketing malarky.
The 1.03 firmware breaks the jailbreak and should be released shortly
Old 30-12-2007, 04:41 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
You not waiting for a 3G model Dave?
Old 30-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Then how else can you use it? There is no other keyboard.

TBH I was looking for opinions of people who actually had an Iphone
ok i was just trying to help as they're both touchscreen and the same size. on the viewty you can write messages in three ways; keyboard, standard key layout and handwriting. again i know you are looking for the opinion of people with iPhones but not many people have them.
Old 16-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

No native support for rss sucks.

No dynamic updating of calendars suck.

Does anyone else have problems using the zoom in safari?
Old 16-01-2008, 03:39 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
What are the data speeds like on EDGE? I was hoping MWSF would herald a 3G iPhone but alas no.
Old 16-01-2008, 03:47 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
the iphone is crap, end of
Old 16-01-2008, 03:47 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've been setting one of these up for a client. It's lump of turd, IMO.

Horrible keyboard & horribly slow. Not very inuitive or user-friendly when you need to alter settings and basically he just wants it mainly for the phone, ipod and an occasional bit of 'net. He doesn't want it to do anything particualrly clever.
Old 16-01-2008, 03:51 PM

swanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Ive got the blackberry pearl 8120, everything an iphone does it does, just better!
Old 16-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyStreet
What are the data speeds like on EDGE? I was hoping MWSF would herald a 3G iPhone but alas no.
edge is um edge - it's fast enough for web browsing, email -

Quote:
Horrible keyboard & horribly slow. Not very inuitive or user-friendly when you need to alter settings and basically he just wants it mainly for the phone, ipod and an occasional bit of 'net. He doesn't want it to do anything particualrly clever.
Keyboard takes a bit of time to get used to - I'm 24 hours in and lovin it.

Quote:
Ive got the blackberry pearl 8120, everything an iphone does it does, just better!
I have a blackberry 8800 too - what is your point?

Quote:
the iphone is crap, end of
Do you have one?
Old 16-01-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
I've been setting one of these up for a client. It's lump of turd, IMO.

If they need someone to set up their ipod touch they shouldnt own one in my opinion.I am very impressed with mine and just downloaded the new maps software already installed on the iphone.
The good thing is that you can set up the route at home and even without internet access while on the move as long as you stick to the same route it will get you there as it saves journeys into the memory.
Old 16-01-2008, 10:24 PM

swanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
edge is um edge - it's fast enough for web browsing, email -

Keyboard takes a bit of time to get used to - I'm 24 hours in and lovin it.

I have a blackberry 8800 too - what is your point?

Do you have one?
My point is stated in my post. "I have the blackbery pearl 8120, it does everything the iphone does, just better."
Old 16-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Web browsing on blackerry is beyond shit and there aren't many 8Gb Blackberrys