Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 14-06-2018, 07:44 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly c.p.f.c View Post
Why can't I watch video's on my Samsung anymore just says plug*is not supported?
go to Adobe to download and install the latest version of Flash Player. That should fix it
Old 21-06-2018, 05:10 PM

BuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Weren't we also linked to Giuseppe Signori at some point around 1994?
Was Signori at Lazio then or Bologna? Would have been an incredible deal if we had pulled either him or Andersson off. A massive wasted opportunity that season especially considering two great cup runs.

Still annoys me Ron was so tight and didn't release any funds until March time for Dowie and Houghton. 5/10 more games with both and we'd have been mid-table.

Houghton was brilliant for us.
Old 21-06-2018, 05:28 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuktaBoy View Post
Was Signori at Lazio then or Bologna? Would have been an incredible deal if we had pulled either him or Andersson off. A massive wasted opportunity that season especially considering two great cup runs.

Still annoys me Ron was so tight and didn't release any funds until March time for Dowie and Houghton. 5/10 more games with both and we'd have been mid-table.

I thought Dowie was earlier than March, as I seem to remember him being paraded along the touchline of an FA Cup match.
Old 21-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuktaBoy View Post

Lazio.
Old 21-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Different season I know but 1997/98 we had Lazio goalkeeper Luca Marchegiani on trial and ended up sticking with Kevin Miller.
Old 29-06-2018, 04:47 PM

BuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Different season I know but 1997/98 we had Lazio goalkeeper Luca Marchegiani on trial and ended up sticking with Kevin Miller.
Did we really, I did not know that?

Tbf to Miller he was brilliant in the first 3/4 months for us but struggled along with the rest of the team once all the takeover talk started to become an issue..
Old 29-06-2018, 06:49 PM

bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
I thought Dowie was earlier than March, as I seem to remember him being paraded along the touchline of an FA Cup match.
Dowie was January. Scored the winner at Forest in the 4th round
Old 02-07-2018, 12:01 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I still call headed goals from the penalty spot, "meatball headers"

This was from our 4-1 win at the Hawthorns
Old 02-07-2018, 12:10 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestperch View Post
Dowie was January. Scored the winner at Forest in the 4th round
Must have been the third round match then, as I remember my Dad (who was not a fan of Dowie) shouting something down to him, and he sort of gave a little smile and wave back, clearly having not actually heard what my Dad shouted.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:10 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I still call headed goals from the penalty spot, "meatball headers"

This was from our 4-1 win at the Hawthorns
You aren't alone with that. The goal from the late David Whyte in the same game was a gem, yet rarely gets a mention. Can you believe it's 25 years this years since we won the title
Old 02-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
Must have been the third round match then, as I remember my Dad (who was not a fan of Dowie) shouting something down to him, and he sort of gave a little smile and wave back, clearly having not actually heard what my Dad shouted.
Was the fourth round. We won 2-1 up there. We beat Lincoln 5-0 or 5-1 at Home in the third round.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Crow Counting

Quote:
Was the fourth round. We won 2-1 up there. We beat Lincoln 5-0 or 5-1 at Home in the third round.
Sorry - I meant him being paraded along the side of the pitch at Selhurst before a cup match - if we were away in the fourth round, it must have been the third round where it happened.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:58 PM
GT

Quote:
5-1 at home on a cold wet Sunday afternoon, where many of us hadn't seen a league goal at home in months (may have been a 12 noon kick off)
We played Lincoln a lot in the cups in the early 90's. From memory we had them in the coco cola cup in 92/93, then again in the league and FA cup 94/95. Deano scored a last minute header to spare our blushes before we went on to beat them in extra time.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:56 PM

bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
After the Lincoln game we put 4 past Man City in the league cup Quarter Final midweek. Home game on the Saturday which I think was Leicester which we won ,first league goals for a while. Think this was just after we signed Dowie.
Old 08-05-2019, 03:55 AM
GT

25 years ago today, we were crowned 93/94 Champions, coupled with the Holmesdale terrace "last stand".
Wonderful memories which still remains my favourite season in my 30 odd years of watching Palace.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Didn't they give us the Trophy before the game?

It was a flat game against Watford, although I went on the pitch for the only ever time after the game
Old 08-05-2019, 10:12 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:

It was a flat game against Watford, although I went on the pitch for the only ever time after the game
Yes players all came out and got their medals and the trophy before the game and we lost 2-0.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:20 AM
GT

Quote:

yes Pete King called the players out one by one pre-match, and they all came out in the "told you so" t-shirts before being presented with the trophy. It was a carnival atmosphere, and a celebration as the Holmesdale bid farewell but a truly drab game (Andy Hessenthaler got one of the goals?) Shame the club didn't do anything to reunite that team this year.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:29 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
I remember how much of an anti-climax it was, in a way. The best trophy we'd ever won, but they wore shitty t-shirts instead of their Palace shirts, and because of the way they set up the presentation, those of us in the AW coudn't really see Gareth lift the trophy. Then followed it up with a crap match.

Should have done it after the game for sure, worn their Palace shirts, and found a better way of presenting it so the other half of the ground could at least see it.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:34 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
25 years ago today, we were crowned 93/94 Champions, coupled with the Holmesdale terrace "last stand".
Wonderful memories which still remains my favourite season in my 30 odd years of watching Palace.
You’ve made me feel very old....