Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 09-08-2018, 02:04 AM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Danny Butterfieldss moment of fame

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Much to my amazement I found this piece listed on News Now and thought it deserved wider attention.

As far as Im concerned Danny ccan dine out on this wis with my blessing. He was a fine reliable defender and not the worst going forward at the time either. Those who saw him tear us to pieces at Grimsbty one time can testify to his creative side. 5-2 it wasand we stepped in to ensure it didnt happen again!

That night at Wolves was a rare bright spot in a very dark period, a Palace war story if you like. Any way hope you enjoy the piece
Old 15-08-2018, 03:36 AM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Let us remind ourselves what useless joke of a goalkeeper was between the sticks for Wolves that night. Surely a complete and utter clown like that can't still be playing at a top level, or at least must have learnt lessons and improved since then...?

Oh dear.
Old 15-08-2018, 09:32 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Thanks for sharing. Great read & memories of a wonderful night in our clubs recent history.
Old 15-08-2018, 09:43 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 15-08-2018, 09:58 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

That season was brilliant. Perilous of course, but just a fantastic time to be a Palace fan. The club and the fans have never been so together, and the truth is, we probably never will be again.

That particular night was incredible. I didn’t get on the Butterfield first/last scorer bet though, that I believe was highlighted on here at the time - 50/1. Well done to those that did
Old 15-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Die adler

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

That season was brilliant. Perilous of course, but just a fantastic time to be a Palace fan. The club and the fans have never been so together, and the truth is, we probably never will be again.

That particular night was incredible. I didn’t get on the Butterfield first/last scorer bet though, that I believe was highlighted on here at the time - 50/1. Well done to those that did
To be honest it was the same during the first admin. The supporters attititude and the very young team we played most of the time was heart warming. Coppell somehow got relative safety when he had no right to do so. It also lasted for a whole season and more!
Old 15-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is here
It was an incredible night. Sitting in the Holmedale thinking what the **** have I just witnessed. I'll never forget it.

Although I have forgotten Wolves scored, I'd have put my house on it being 3-0.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 15-08-2018, 11:52 AM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is here
An amazing night. I think we had Peterborough in the league previously, and there was a real nervous buzz about the place with us having just been put into admin. I think that admin galvanised the players, fans and (new) board, which was carried right through until Freedman left.
Old 15-08-2018, 04:36 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
For some reason that night I bought a ticket in the Whitehorse Lane end and was just sitting to the right of the goal so a great view for all three and the celebrations afterwards.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 16-08-2018, 04:01 PM
Non T-Total

Lion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fun fact (more of a fact than fun) but after the Playoff final where we beat West Ham, we hung around at the statium for a beer or two before getting a cab back to our B&B. Who were we to see in the cab office? Derry and Butterfield!