Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 28-08-2018, 08:58 AM

Adored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
‘We all follow the Palace’

I have rediscovered my copy of ‘We all follow the Palace’. A fantastic read, a fans view of Palace.

Who remembers this or has stories about contributing to it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3CA7C0A7-C2C7-45B1-8DD9-2A43247E8897.jpg (1.12 MB, 79 views)
Old 28-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Absolutely love that book. Until the recent books 'Origin of Crystal Palace', this book had the best account of the 1861 version of Crystal Palace FC.

I love that it mixes silly stuff and personal articles about being a fan with a detailed history of the club through the decades.

I wrote a very small piece in it about the 1988 Mercantile Credit Centenary tournament at Wembley. I think the authors wanted to include as many contributors as possible, which is a wonderful ethos. I was just proud to have something published in a book!

Haven't read my copy for some time, however the preface is very well written, it sums up what it means to support a club like Palace - that our history is as much about the 3rd Division South as trips to Wembley or the top flight, as much about Alan Pardew or Percy Cherrett as Ian Wright. I think if you don't 'get' that early on in your supporting life, then you'll never really understand what it means to be a Palace fan.

Eagle Eye was very good in that an article could be as much about the worst Palace games you'd seen as the best!

Someone wrote a funny article about superstitions which struck a chord with me - things like how it is important to use the correct crossing on Whitehorse Lane before games!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 28-08-2018, 08:28 PM

M3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is here
Great book, I recommend it to anyone if they can find a copy to buy. Second only to Hy on Palace in my opinion.
Old 29-08-2018, 09:00 PM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great. More than just a book. Instead it's a unique mix of sublime and ridiculous. Actually, it's not that unique because we've seen quite a few Palace teams over the years with the same mix. So sorry I lost my copy years ago.
Old 29-08-2018, 09:08 PM

bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Great book. Brought back so many memories and told from the fans point of view. My copy totally fell apart but it's still there on the bookcase.
Old 29-08-2018, 09:20 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I think I might be quoted in there somewhere. I'll have to dig it out and re-read it.
Old 29-08-2018, 09:46 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
The cover is excellent - I think the photo is of the crowd at the Burnley promotion game?
Old 30-08-2018, 02:38 PM

Adored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAdored : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
The cover is excellent - I think the photo is of the crowd at the Burnley promotion game?
That is correct.

I remember being told that the working title for the book was ‘Go back to your ice cream van, O’Gradi’. I don’t know if this is true but is a lovely story.
Old 31-08-2018, 05:19 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
I got a copy last Xmas, cracking read
Old 15-09-2018, 04:04 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
The only other Palace times i had were an 1980 colour yearbook and the excellent Roy Peskett book from 1969