Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 08-01-2018, 12:56 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Knight View Post
Heres a link to the programme for the match

To view the link you have to Register or Login
So the link is a few years old....just took a look at the programme interesting to note how out of date some of the pictures are that were used in it. Front cover Tony Taylor is in the previous seasons kit as are some in the montage wishing people a Happy Christmas. Same applies to some of the pictures on the back.
I am guessing that is the last programme that Bobby Kellard figured in as a player as he moved in December 72. Its also one of very few games where Yogi and Don played together a partnership that has you wondering what might of been.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:48 PM

ian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
I am guessing that is the last programme that Bobby Kellard figured in as a player as he moved in December 72. Its also one of very few games where Yogi and Don played together a partnership that has you wondering what might of been.
Bobby Kellard's last game was coming on as sub at Ipswich the previous Saturday and John Hughes & Don Rogers played in the same Palace team 10 times. Final occasion in Hughes' last game on Jan 20th at Newcastle.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:13 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian king View Post
Bobby Kellard's last game was coming on as sub at Ipswich the previous Saturday and John Hughes & Don Rogers played in the same Palace team 10 times. Final occasion in Hughes' last game on Jan 20th at Newcastle.
Cheers Ian.....if I am pressed I would of thought that Kellard had gone before the game. Yogi and Don the real trouble was Yogi had been so badly injured against Sheffield Utd he was never the same ....
Old 10-01-2018, 05:50 PM

Bovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fine
I was there as a ball boy and set up the one of Paddy Mulligan`s goals ! I collected it around the halfway line, threw it to Paddy who took the throw, did a one two with someone and put it past Stepney. Well that`s how I remember it. I also saw myself walking off at halftime on the Big Match the next day, as I was the only one wearing white trainers !!
Old 11-01-2018, 11:55 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovril Dan View Post
I also saw myself walking off at halftime on the Big Match the next day, as I was the only one wearing white trainers !!
How much did you pay for those then?
"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 13-01-2018, 08:09 PM

Bovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fine
I wouldn't have bought them as I was a kid. They were plastic uppers though ��
Old 02-09-2018, 04:48 PM
Probationary User

ToneP is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace View Post
Everyone will remember these scorelines, for one reason or another;

Liverpool 9-0 Palace
Palace 9-0 Barrow

One was our highest defeat, the other our highest win. But while searching through my old tapes i came across a tape entitled "Danny Bakers Right Hammerings." I know, Milwall......booooooo. But in amongst the constant anti-Palace jibes, the tape showed me something i had never seen before, but which made me very happy.

PALACE 5-0 MAN UTD

Rogers 2
Mulligan 2
Whittle

With it being years before i was even born did any fellow BBSers see the game? How i wish we could see that scoreline nowadays!
I was there. It was a great day, although United were very poor at that time. Palace had been on a bit of a buying spree just before this match and when Mulligan scored his second a United fan turned to me and said "why are Palace buying all these forwards when you have fullbacks that can score two in a game? Alan Whittle, who went on to become was a real Selhurst Park favourite, curled one on the turn into the top corner. Sweet as you like.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:31 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneP View Post
I was there. It was a great day, although United were very poor at that time. Palace had been on a bit of a buying spree just before this match and when Mulligan scored his second a United fan turned to me and said "why are Palace buying all these forwards when you have fullbacks that can score two in a game? Alan Whittle, who went on to become was a real Selhurst Park favourite, curled one on the turn into the top corner. Sweet as you like.
For me, the best goal was when Don Rogers put the ball one side of Stepney, ran round the other and squeezed the ball in from a tight angle. Check it out on the Centenary video or online.

Pele tried the same trick in the 1970 World Cup on a perfect pitch and missed, with much more of the goal to aim at.