Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 03-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Converting the heretics!

Micky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I seem to remember from his West Ham days a match against Man Utd where he went up to Cantona and pulled down Cantonas' collar. I'd been wanting someone to do that for ages.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:16 PM

bkcbongo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebkcbongo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebkcbongo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebkcbongo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebkcbongo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebkcbongo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebkcbongo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebkcbongo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebkcbongo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebkcbongo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebkcbongo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I remember the cup match against sunderland on a bitter cold evening - well fought game, taken to extra time, niall quinn hoofs a long ball over the top, easy ball for ruddock to clear, but he cant decide whether to head it or hoof it, so does something in between and almost falls over, leaving kevin phillips to nip in and finish us off with minutes to go. useless fat idiot!

or something like that. I was very pissed and memories have been partially erased by a car crash on the way home in the fog! (not me driving!)
Old 03-01-2007, 05:16 PM
It's been emotional.

Bartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Ask him about his 42" shorts.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:19 PM
www.************ .com

CPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by petertaylor11
Managed to get to Palace v Wimbledon back in the groundsharing days (midweek, we won 2-1).
Ruddock had 'Razor' where his surname should be on his shirt. I'm looking for some Eastern European signing in the programme before the penny dropped. Fined big time for that by the FA, so I heard.
£200 fine according to the Adder if I remember rightly!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Pub Idol
He was having a set too with Bent that was rumbling on during the game. Fan Zhihi actually tried to finish it by pushing Ruddock out of the way and gestured he would mark Bent to avoid Ruddock being sent off. Razor was having none of it and shortly after he showed his studs to Bents chest and was sent off. Pretty sure we lost that game as well. What made it worse was that Bent was former Palace player who had once asked how Palace had got on in a post match interview for another team. Razor, I'm sure will be a good laugh etc but he werent much cop for us. Took his money and ran IMO.
Yeah. If I remember correctly a number of Palace fans were cheering the fat •••• as he got sent off and spent the rest of the game giving Bent some shite.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Banned by Moderators

007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally posted by pap
i went there aswell! left 2 years ago!
im still there
Old 03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Die adler

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
Yeah. If I remember correctly a number of Palace fans were cheering the fat •••• as he got sent off and spent the rest of the game giving Bent some shite.
Yes, he was hero to some of the brainless. They chanted Razor, Razor whatever he did.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:55 PM

PoorVFM is playing for a contract
Re: Neil 'Razor' Ruddock

Quote:
Originally posted by nickchev
Hi,

Have just booked Neil Ruddock as an after dinner speaker for an Old Boys dinner (St Joseph's College, Beulah Hill) to be held on Saturday 24th March 2007. Heard he is a great speaker but wanted to get some stories from his time at the Palace that the great and the good on here may have up their sleeve. Any amusing or interesting stories welcome!

Got w@nkered with him once in Blue Eyes, Beckenham about 5 years ago. Jamie Pollock was out of his box and slumped across a sofa. Craig Harrison was in awe of Ruddock. Ruddock carried Pollock over his shoulder and threw him into a cab. Ruddock was a ture gent that night.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:21 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
indeed. And he was drinking pints afterwards in thre Players Lounge
Old 04-01-2007, 02:47 PM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
Fat lump who basically took the p!ss out of Palace for a few months
Old 04-01-2007, 05:50 PM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
hate to admit it but I last saw him in the gents at Ascot in the summer!!!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
A Coppell signing if I remember rightly.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:23 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
A Coppell signing if I remember rightly.
I read recently that it was Jordan who wanted him, and Coppell didn't.

It was this that lead to Coppell realizing it wasn't going to work out working for Jordan, and quit.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:55 AM
No Islands in This Desert

welshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Dorking .Eagle
Unsuprisingly in a pre-Xmas away game at Crewe he got needlessly sent off for a daft tackle
I seem to remember him shouting "We can't get beaten by this bunch of Scouse w**k**s..." Whereas Crewe aren't from Liverpool, the referee was...and off he went!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:23 AM
not the real Joyce

joyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal Adjusted

The fact that he's now reduced to 'after dinner' speeches at some nondescript south London comprehensive shows that there is some justice in the world.
snob
Old 05-01-2007, 08:29 AM
Top Banana

BUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tried to grope Craig short before a corner in front of the palace fans away at Blackburn which was amusing.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:40 AM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
I agree with most of the above partic. Mal's post. That Razor shirt stuff and pointing to it and morons cheering it really says it all.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:43 AM

Lost in Kent is finding a place in our heartLost in Kent is finding a place in our heartLost in Kent is finding a place in our heartLost in Kent is finding a place in our heart
Re: Neil 'Razor' Ruddock

Quote:
Originally posted by nickchev
Hi,

Have just booked Neil Ruddock as an after dinner speaker for an Old Boys dinner (St Joseph's College, Beulah Hill) to be held on Saturday 24th March 2007. Heard he is a great speaker but wanted to get some stories from his time at the Palace that the great and the good on here may have up their sleeve. Any amusing or interesting stories welcome!
Having had experience of Mr Ruddocks "routine" I hope youe audience is not easily offended and that you have plenty of expensive wine on hand!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
great player for a time we just bought him at the wrong end of his carear when earning all that money and living the dream had caught up with him
Old 05-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
I read recently that it was Jordan who wanted him, and Coppell didn't.

It was this that lead to Coppell realizing it wasn't going to work out working for Jordan, and quit.
It was actually the other way round. Coppell wanted Ruddock. SJ got advised by, amongst others, Harry Redknapp to put a weight clause in Razors contract linked to target weight and pay etc. Coppell ignored SJ and went ahead with the transfer without heeding the advice. This led to SJ realising that it wasn't going to work with Coppell.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.