Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 15-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Readmitted into society

Chunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by EddieEdwards
Read Chunt's post properly. It was 400 hundred.
Oops sorry for confussions, it was 40,000.
Old 15-02-2007, 04:06 PM

Lord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by eagle mart
QPR away final game of the season (not the Miller one) - early nineties.

QPR ran on the pitch to mob their players and then about three Palace fans ran on unseen amongst their lot and just started lashing out. Next thing you know more Palace starting jumping over the barriers and running on - no sooner had they got on than some Police horses galloped on and the Palace fans (must have been 100+) stopped in their tracks and legged it back in unison. I remeber one of the Police horses nutted a 'face' who would later appear in a England hooligan programme.
I remember this well also.I recall trying to get on the pitch as it was the last game of the season but the terraces were quite a bit lower than pitch level and it was quite a struggle to get my fat ass up and over.
When I finally scrambled to my feet a big f*uck off horse charged me and I jumped back down into the stands. No recollection of the score mind you
Old 15-02-2007, 08:09 PM

Serpico is playing for a contract
What a night the Chelsea cup game in '93 was! where I was in Compound 2, Chelsea definitely got the worst of it - mind you it was hard to tell at times who was who!
Old 15-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Serpico
What a night the Chelsea cup game in '93 was! where I was in Compound 2, Chelsea definitely got the worst of it - mind you it was hard to tell at times who was who!
We knew.
Old 15-02-2007, 08:34 PM

KevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Flange
I remember this well also.I recall trying to get on the pitch as it was the last game of the season but the terraces were quite a bit lower than pitch level and it was quite a struggle to get my fat ass up and over.
When I finally scrambled to my feet a big f*uck off horse charged me and I jumped back down into the stands. No recollection of the score mind you
Eagle of Cray..................do you remember this day?

Matt Lawrence .....May 2010!
Old 15-02-2007, 09:52 PM
To old for all this B***S

Colonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by waddoneagle
We knew.
The New Stand Army reunion was held in compound 2 that night!!!!

Thought that Fat Chelsea fan was going to have a heart attack the way he ran down the terraces

2006/7

"Baldy dont puke on the Penguin"...(Langen Appleweinfest 2008)
Old 15-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Britain
The New Stand Army reunion was held in compound 2 that night!!!!

Thought that Fat Chelsea fan was going to have a heart attack the way he ran down the terraces

Shame he fell over, and then for some strange reason, He wanted to headbutt all our boots and shoes.
Old 15-02-2007, 10:03 PM
To old for all this B***S

Colonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Shame he fell over, and then for some strange reason, He wanted to headbutt all our boots and shoes.
Missed you Sat mate...toasting the "Big Man"
2006/7

"Baldy dont puke on the Penguin"...(Langen Appleweinfest 2008)
Old 15-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Britain
Missed you Sat mate...toasting the "Big Man"
I was coaching,I will Never ever forget Greg though.
Old 15-02-2007, 10:36 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by congress
Bournemouth away in the mid eighties must be right up there..Went back the next year and it was heavier policing than the Notting Hill carnival.
It was November 1987.

We were losing 2-0 and won 3-2.

Noades wrote a letter to The Times saying how bad the Palace fans were.

I wrote to him saying that wasn't fair and he wrote one back to me saying he agreed with me but he had to tell The Times what they expected to hear!
Old 15-02-2007, 10:48 PM
jó csávó

Pistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Strange I was standing on the Holmesdale for that Chelsea game and only remember Colemans freak goal and getting very wet.

Bournemouth away was a bit tasty.
Old 15-02-2007, 11:03 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by 917L
Brum at home in 89 the woorst I recall at home but frequent issues with Leeds and Chelsea in previous years.

Obviously the scum from Bermondsey and Brigt*n have caused many an upset home and away

Apart from that Wolves away when we went top under Bruce was bad news, after the game that is, they truly are scum
I remember that, they were making kids take their Palace tops off underneath the flyover and spitting on them. Scumbags!
Old 16-02-2007, 12:01 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Wasn,t particularly heavy,but i remmember my 1st away game outside london,was oxford utd in the mid 70,s.Both sets of fans in the same end,with a cage down the middle.I think it was 2.2,every time there was a goal,it was a full on charge at the cage.I loved it.
Sickening was away at millwall one of the 0.3s.One suited palace fan on his knees outside the ground,about 20 millwall using his head as a football.Basterds
Old 16-02-2007, 01:20 AM
Running from the B-Mob

DJ Laz DJ Laz DJ Laz DJ Laz DJ Laz DJ Laz DJ Laz DJ Laz DJ Laz DJ Laz DJ Laz
Quote:
Originally posted by philsick
Wasn,t particularly heavy,but i remmember my 1st away game outside london,was oxford utd in the mid 70,s.Both sets of fans in the same end,with a cage down the middle.I think it was 2.2,every time there was a goal,it was a full on charge at the cage.I loved it.
Sickening was away at millwall one of the 0.3s.One suited palace fan on his knees outside the ground,about 20 millwall using his head as a football.Basterds
Oxford awy when we lost 5-0 was a classic.

Pub before the game...tee hee!

Millwall..always scum...really despise them.. but , as some know, it doesn't always go their way.
Old 16-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Kitler

Baldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
We knew.
I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Old 16-02-2007, 10:17 AM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Laz
Yes, the Burridge was a classic...and as I recall was quite newsworthy.

I remember [nasty and bad] people throwing coins on the pitch at the judas keeper. Oddly, instead of doing idiot handstands and/or backflips he moved to the edge of the box, pretty much out of range

Then a helpful steward, in a nice stewardy style orange coat, began to clear the goalmouth of these coins. Except it wasn't a steward.

This "steward" legged it up to Burridge, who was still facing awy from the Palace end and dropkicked him. A corking shot it was too.

You need to remember, younger readers, this was before Jet Li or even Jackie Chan, so such audacious "moves" were still something of a rarity.

I remember it clear as day. Awful or Awesome... you decide.

IWhatever, I think the "steward" needs to satr in a "Where are they now?" feature.

I was talking to the bloke and his mate before he ran on to the pitch. I don't know who he was, but he did not even seem to be Palace.

I had my 18th that night and ended up getting there late due to all the aggro with the OB.
Old 16-02-2007, 10:23 AM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by GanbareWashi
I was talking to the bloke and his mate before he ran on to the pitch. I don't know who he was, but he did not even seem to be Palace.

I had my 18th that night and ended up getting there late due to all the aggro with the OB.
He most certainly is Palace and still goes regulary
"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 16-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Kitler

Baldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by GanbareWashi
Incorrect. He was certainly Palace.
I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Old 16-02-2007, 10:55 AM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
He most certainly is Palace and still goes regulary

I stand corrected
Old 16-02-2007, 11:04 AM

Eagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Quote:
Originally posted by KevMason98
Eagle of Cray..................do you remember this day?
Most certainly do Having missed about 6 games in the previous 7 years, bar Tottenham away in the August, this was the last time I saw a Palace game in just under 8 years

Of the £591 fine that had to be paid at £20/week from 04/09/1992 (or 7 days inside) to this day £591 remains outstanding. Can't pay for something I didn't do. Found out at Newcastle a couple of years ago (0-0) who the culprit was