Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 22-02-2009, 12:08 PM
palace mad & proud

alan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses grow
THE BIG MATCH REVISITED

Watching now on itv4 see that palace were 2nd behind brighton,does anyone remember if we were the featured main game from now till the end of the promotion season in 1978/79 ?
Old 22-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan cola
Watching now on itv4 see that palace were 2nd behind brighton,does anyone remember if we were the featured main game from now till the end of the promotion season in 1978/79 ?
I thought the only game of ours that made the Big Match that season was our 1-0 win over Oldham.
Old 22-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Banned by Moderators

stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
orient v palace was on
Old 22-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
So was the penultimate home game - Palace v Notts County. I have the Notts. County and Orient games on an old Betamax tape (with the goals from the Burnley game). There were all on the special DVD I circulated a few years ago.
Old 22-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Banned by Moderators

stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?stupalace knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
yep , couldnt remember the other game . had some great interviews on it as well
Old 22-02-2009, 12:35 PM
palace mad & proud

alan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses growalan cola knows where the wild roses grow
thanks for that and did you make many copies James ?
Old 22-02-2009, 12:41 PM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
thanks for that and did you make many copies James ?
I made about 40/50 copies over the years - and I know that my copy of the Burnley goals (which I believe is the only copy which still exists) was used by Palace in the Centenary DVD.
Old 22-02-2009, 12:44 PM
palace mad & proud

thats cool i will keep an eye out for one on e-bay for your one
Old 22-02-2009, 12:49 PM

I hope you won't find one there. I didn't sell any and I made it clear to everyone who received one that they were for personal use only and not re-sale.

Most people who received one made a (voluntary) contribution to the BBS, to help with running costs.
Old 22-02-2009, 12:51 PM
palace mad & proud

on todays game the Filbert street pitch had been covered by a bubble and was was described as perfect but it looked so poor now
and what was the notts county score ? i cant remember
Old 22-02-2009, 12:53 PM

howard knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
I made about 40/50 copies over the years - and I know that my copy of the Burnley goals (which I believe is the only copy which still exists) was used by Palace in the Centenary DVD.
I watched this again a couple of weeks ago,during black January,to remind me og the goo dold Palace days.
Old 22-02-2009, 12:54 PM
palace mad & proud

i wouldn't expect anyone to sell them really James
Old 22-02-2009, 01:14 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Games on TV 1978/79 season:

Millwall 0 Palace 3 - Big Match
Palace 1 Oldham 0 - Match of the Day
Stoke 1 Palace 1 - BM - Jerry Murphy about to be subbed, he chipped the keeper from 20 yards
Villa 1 Palace 1 League Cup - goals on On The Ball
Palace 3 Brighton 1 (and Hilaire.....!)
Palace 0 Villa 0 LC replay - Midweek Match or Sportnight can't remember
Villa 3 Palace 0 LC2nd replay - goals on Football Focus
Palace 0 Fulham 1 - Ref blew for time too early, players came back on played in front of half empty Selhurst
West Ham 1 Palace 1 - Match of the Day (Elwiss goal disallowed for nothing)
Palace 1 Orient 1 - goals on Football Focus or On The Ball
Palace 1 Stoke 1 - Freezing Feb, Walsk 25 yarder last minute
Brighton 0 Palace 0 - Freezing Feb, only one of five matches on in whole of England
Sunderland 1 Palace 2 - goals on On The Ball
Leicester 1 Palace 1 - Highlight feature on Football Focus with Des Lynham in huge flares - Kember got knocked out by the ball, Palace equalised in last minute
Palace 2 Notts County 0 - BM
Orient 0 Palace 1 - BM
Palace 2 Burnley 0 - Goals on News at Ten

I had all these on tape, for some reason I have half of them now. I also had everything that was televised from the previous two seasons including the Wrexham goals and Palace 3 Swindon 3 when the Big Match cameras went into the Palace changing room. All bloody gone, luckily some of that reappeared on the Centenery DVD.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 22-02-2009, 01:16 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Oh and I forgot we were on Sportsnight 78/79 winning the Five a Side tournament at Wembley, beat Chelsea 3-2 in the final (lost that tape as well )

Who opened their lunch?
Old 22-02-2009, 01:50 PM
palace mad & proud

thanks for that info Chocky i remember many of them games on tv now
Old 22-02-2009, 01:53 PM
palace mad & proud

was it the murphy goal when the commentator said but what if he should score now ? (or similar) also loved it had to happen leeds away 76 FA CUP
Old 22-02-2009, 01:59 PM
palace mad & proud

Palace 0 Fulham 1 didn't remember the score but i was there and it was so wierd when they came back on i think it was a good 5 ninutes more
Old 22-02-2009, 02:10 PM

leicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is here
We were quite proud of the old hot air balloon that saved a few games at Filbert Street.
Wonder if i was at the game mentioned,1978/79,off the top of my head,some dark days and low attendences at Leicester back then.

But soon to be turned round by Jock Wallace,a couple of experienced heads and a glut of youngsters.........i know.......
Old 22-02-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Palace 0 Fulham 1 didn't remember the score but i was there and it was so wierd when they came back on i think it was a good 5 ninutes more
I remember it well. I was in the Bar having a drink when someone told me that the players were coming out again.

Palace had been so much on top in the last 10 minutes of the game and looked likely to equalise, but never got going again during the 'extra time' - probably much to the Referee's relief.
Old 24-02-2009, 02:10 AM

philaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
1976 Palace 3 Swindon 3 highlights - To view the link you have to Register or Login