Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 22-01-2018, 09:07 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Not sure why they'd repeat that, awful night, not sure even Man Utd got any real pleasure from it. Horrible atmosphere, really nasty.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-01-2018, 09:16 AM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Not sure why they'd repeat that, awful night, not sure even Man Utd got any real pleasure from it. Horrible atmosphere, really nasty.
Not sure they'd realise the implication of the first match. Was dreadful, not helped by Keane being his usual self. Completely out of order.
Old 23-01-2018, 08:27 AM

Paulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
23 Jan 2018 at 3:00pm on BT Sport 1

"We revisit the gripping 1971 FA Cup third round tie between Crystal Palace and Chelsea at Selhurst Park. Some players opted for basketball trainers to survive the frozen pitch."
This was actually the first match I attended at Selhurst. I actually went as a Chelsea fandue to the influence of the older son of the lady who looked after me while my Mum was at work. Have memories of having to stand on the stairs where you came into the New Stand between there and the old Whitehorse. Only being 8 and short I couldn't see much more than the penalty area down that end and we left quite early. We lost something like 4 -2 but left before the last couple of goals. Found out about them in the Standard "stop press" which was then still issued on Saturday's as we walked home from Forest Hill.

Luckily the influence of my best friend and his elder brother took over and by time of the 1976 FA Cup game I was supporting Palace.
Old 23-01-2018, 08:56 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinmorden View Post
This was actually the first match I attended at Selhurst. I actually went as a Chelsea fandue to the influence of the older son of the lady who looked after me while my Mum was at work. Have memories of having to stand on the stairs where you came into the New Stand between there and the old Whitehorse. Only being 8 and short I couldn't see much more than the penalty area down that end and we left quite early. We lost something like 4 -2 but left before the last couple of goals. Found out about them in the Standard "stop press" which was then still issued on Saturday's as we walked home from Forest Hill.

Luckily the influence of my best friend and his elder brother took over and by time of the 1976 FA Cup game I was supporting Palace.
Wrong game this was the 2-2
I would guess you are confused with 1970 when we lost 4-1

Last edited by N Herts Eagle; 23-01-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Old 24-01-2018, 12:15 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Showed Rotherham 1 palace 1.this week rashid harkouk good strike probaly repeated again for those interested.
Old 24-01-2018, 06:27 PM

Lindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLindfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I had almost forgotten this game. The black and white coverage made it feel even colder, but there seemed to be plenty of warmth off the pitch with “aggro” between rival fans in the Whitehorse. Great atmosphere though and extended coverage does give a different perspective on our team at the time. Jacko was being watched by England boss Alf Ramsey but he didn’t have his best game!
Old 24-01-2018, 06:44 PM

Paulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is herePaulinmorden Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
Wrong game this was the 2-2
I would guess you are confused with 1970 when we lost 4-1
Thanks for this. It would have been the 4-1 game in 1970 as I know that Palace lost. Should have known this would have been an omen for many more games after becoming a Palace fan. Seeing as soon of the best days out I have had have been following Palace, especially to away games or the finals I hate to think of what I would have missed out on if I had stayed with Chelsea. At least that's a part of my childhood properly sorted out now.
Old 24-01-2018, 06:57 PM

nibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinmorden View Post
Thanks for this. It would have been the 4-1 game in 1970 as I know that Palace lost. Should have known this would have been an omen for many more games after becoming a Palace fan. Seeing as soon of the best days out I have had have been following Palace, especially to away games or the finals I hate to think of what I would have missed out on if I had stayed with Chelsea. At least that's a part of my childhood properly sorted out now.
Was that 4-1 defeat on a Boxing Day?
Old 10-07-2018, 04:33 PM

bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
BY Sport2 showing our October 76 visit to the goldstone again on Thursday 12th July at 16:00.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:24 PM

Swoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibalama View Post
Was that 4-1 defeat on a Boxing Day?
No that was 5-1. I think the 4-1 was an FA cup match in the January
Old 16-01-2019, 08:03 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not exactly the Big Match but tonight at 3am highlights of our 2013 play off final are being shown on Sky Football
Old 17-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Big Match revisited is currently doing the rounds on BT Sport,around 1983
Old 17-01-2019, 12:01 PM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
The Big Match revisited is currently doing the rounds on BT Sport,around 1983
Anybody else hear the first few notes of The Big Match theme tune in their heads whenever it's recalled here?
Old 17-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Plus the LWT ident
Old 17-01-2019, 12:08 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granada allover View Post
Anybody else hear the first few notes of The Big Match theme tune in their heads whenever it's recalled here?
La soiree by David Ordini - available on Spotify
Old 17-01-2019, 12:53 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Always worth another look and listen

Old 17-01-2019, 02:29 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Plus the LWT ident
Old 22-01-2019, 11:31 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, happy days!!
Old 22-01-2019, 11:36 AM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Always reminds me of our sunday roast which I'm sure we had after The Big Match.
Old 22-01-2019, 12:32 PM
Made in Bromley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Always reminds me of our sunday roast which I'm sure we had after The Big Match.
Our roast was always before and I wasn’t allowed down from the table till I’d eaten my dinner, the frustration of having to eat ‘orrible greens and parsnips knowing the big match was about to start. My dad was a git, he’d put the TV on so I could hear the theme tune from the kitchen