Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 08-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
He kneed one against the post as well
Old 09-03-2009, 03:08 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Elwiss every week ITV have been running the whole Big Match programme (complete with London Weekend intro which just had to be followed by the Big Match theme ) from the corresponding weekend 30 years ago 78/79 season. So watch out for our promotion run in in a few weeks with the Notts County and Orient games.

Re the Chelsea v Liverpool game, Ray Wilkins being interviewed with massive loads of hair lol! And Ron Harris still kicking players up the arse even in his late playing days.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:48 PM
On probation

jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky
Elwiss every week ITV have been running the whole Big Match programme (complete with London Weekend intro which just had to be followed by the Big Match theme ) from the corresponding weekend 30 years ago 78/79 season. So watch out for our promotion run in in a few weeks with the Notts County and Orient games.

Re the Chelsea v Liverpool game, Ray Wilkins being interviewed with massive loads of hair lol! And Ron Harris still kicking players up the arse even in his late playing days.
yeah I saw that , Peter Borota, David Stride, Harry Hutton, Chopper Harris was just a thug in reality, although they played quite well to draw with Liverpool, Walker and Butch Wilkins were class, Langley was shite which wasn't really a surprise, TBM was far superior to MOTD in every way, I used to watch on Sunday lunchtimes and us kids would go for a huge kick about after sometimes 15/a side
Old 09-03-2009, 03:54 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jookbeard
I used to watch on Sunday lunchtimes and us kids would go for a huge kick about after
Exactly! We used to go to Norwood Grove.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:56 PM
On probation

jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard
Quote:
Exactly! We used to go to Norwood Grove.
we lived in Pollards Hill
Old 09-03-2009, 04:27 PM
ár lá

I have known a woman out here in Spain for a long time, called Dawn, she owns a nice restaurant, a Palace 'follower' who grew up 30 years ago in Pollards Hill.

Maybe you've done her.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 09-03-2009, 04:38 PM
On probation

Quote:
I have known a woman out here in Spain for a long time, called Dawn, she owns a nice restaurant, a Palace 'follower' who grew up 30 years ago in Pollards Hill.

Maybe you've done her.
we all like to wake up at the crack of Dawn
Old 09-03-2009, 11:58 PM

ruffus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineruffus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineruffus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineruffus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineruffus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineruffus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineruffus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineruffus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineruffus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineruffus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineruffus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-03-2009, 03:47 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffus
Well that brought a tear to my eye.

Both of sadness and joy. Sadness that you could see the man beginning to lose it, and joy that he still had that sparkle, and said such nice things about his time at Palace.

Now that is what I call a coat!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Amazing interview and footage - every Palace fan should watch that
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 10-03-2009, 09:27 AM
56 years and counting…

Chobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is here
Nice clip of John Burridge doing his pre-match hand stand here:

Old 11-03-2009, 07:06 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle
Amazing interview and footage - every Palace fan should watch that
I just have ,such great memories .Reminds me of what a great player PT was,and Mal as a coach and a show man.I Remember him being interviewed on one of the sport shows at the time,late on in Grandstand after our win at Walton & Hersham.He was asked about the fedora and said it was a Cup hat ,how nearly right he was.Also and I may be wrong but I think Johhny Byrne may have played for England when we were Div 111.

Looking at the coat I wonder where Mal parked his Sopwith Camel?
Old 12-03-2009, 12:46 PM
On probation

on soon at 12, we've got Spurs with Ardiles and Wolves, highlight of the daytime TV

Last edited by jookbeard; 12-03-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Lacy & Jones were playing for Tottenham, Peter Taylor came off the bench.
Sir Stevie was playing for United, or should I say wankers!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:39 PM
56 years and counting…

Chobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wow the was fantastic. Quite moving really. I was never as big an Allison fan as some Palace supporters but it was certainly an entertaining time when he was in charge. Who will ever forget the fantastic cup run with the fedora etc? And anyone who's rude about Peter Taylor really ought to look at it too.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Can you give me a nudge when we get to those weeks please? My DVD from James stopped working about a year ago, so it'd be great if I could record it and have it again.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 12-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jookbeard
TBM was far superior to MOTD in every way, I used to watch on Sunday lunchtimes and us kids would go for a huge kick about after sometimes 15/a side
Followed by Thunderbirds.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobham Eagle
And anyone who's rude about Peter Taylor really ought to look at it too.
People were dissapointed in Taylor as a manager purely because he was such an exciting player, but a very negative manager.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:51 PM
he's no David Bailey...

selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by philaire
1976 Palace 3 Swindon 3 highlights - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thanks for that, I was at the match but I can't remember seeing the highlights on tv. Great stuff!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:52 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
People were dissapointed in Taylor as a manager purely because he was such an exciting player, but a very negative manager.
Same story with Trevor Francis I guess.