Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 07-02-2010, 01:29 AM
Palace Palace Palace

thegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
1980s Hard Core Travelling Support

I read in another thread how Palace in the mid to late 80s had a hard core of loyal travelling fans. In some cases this could be down to less than 70 actually going and only 2 or 3 hundred actually claiming to have been there (Sheffield United in 1985 anyone?). I was interested to see to if we could put together a list of those foolhardy souls. Here are the ones I can remember:-

Ostrich
Flipper
Barry
Andy C (Selhursthoover)
Trevor W
Tyrone
The Wolfy Brothers
Rocky
Jason Smith
Andy Sheen
Mason (At one time known as "Scampi Fries")
Rob Carl
Little Nick
Wade
Valerix
Bushy
Mark Irv
Andy Newb
Worzel
Robbie T
Chris (and sometimes his mum)
Gildo
Fat Dave the Post Office bloke
Martin Reddy
Bungle

And occasionally Slug the Thug!

I ended up travelling to 72 grounds with this lot. Happy days indeed.

Last edited by thegreatnugget; 20-12-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:54 AM

selhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatnugget
I read in another thread how Palace in the mid to late 80s had a hard core of loyal travelling fans. In some cases this could be down to less than 70 actually going and only 2 or 3 hundred actually claiming to have been there (Sheffield United in 1985 anyone?). I was interested to see to if we could put together a list of those foolhardy souls. Here are the ones I can remember:-

Ostrich
Flipper
Barry
Andy C (Selhursthoover)
Trevor W
Tyrone
The Wolfy Brothers
Rocky
Jason Smith
Andy Sheen
Rob Carl (Exiled after defiling Selhursthoover's house)
Little Nick
Wade
Valerix
Bushy
Mark Irv
Andy Newb
Worzel
Robbie T
Gildo
Martin Reddy
Bungle

Happy days indeed although the football was normally shite!!!!

Rob Carl is back on the firm. No problem with Rob at all. All a very long tome ago.

Others:

Nigel Lindsay - funny enough saw him inthe Clifton last home game after not seeing for about 20 years!! Hope to hook up 2mrw.

The Woods brothers - Jamie and Andy

Last edited by selhursthoover; 08-02-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:18 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Chapman brothers, glen,mick,andy,nigel,martin,beck eagle,stu,myself early 80's all orp pissheads followed by john n jel crane, a young radders, cpfc greenhithe(my bro),adam (martin n stu younger bro), dee, Loads more in very late 80s/early 90s.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Palace Palace Palace

thegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
I am Nigel Lindsay! See you tomorrow.

Jamie and Andrew were indeed travelling men but not very regular ones.

I did see Rob Carl at a game about ten years ago (QPR away) and said hello.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Mucky Little Herbert!

Rocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What about Manci (sp?) the Gooner who I think was a mate of Mark Irv? I shared a room with him a Torquay and boy could this fella snore!!!!!

Brian Clough
Old 08-02-2010, 01:42 PM

selhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I did wonder!!!

Old 08-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Mucky Little Herbert!

Rocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
...and that's not the infamous Selhursthoover visit to Torquay... or when Nigel & Rob nicked me camera and took some arty pics of the English Riviera... still got those pics somewhere

Brian Clough
Old 08-02-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
What about Manci (sp?) the Gooner who I think was a mate of Mark Irv? I shared a room with him a Torquay and boy could this fella snore!!!!!
Richard Manci!!!!

Came to Palace with Mark Irv.

He was a postman from Camden way from memory.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
...and that's not the infamous Selhursthoover visit to Torquay... or when Nigel & Rob nicked me camera and took some arty pics of the English Riviera... still got those pics somewhere
Old 08-02-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:

Whilst I remember:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 08-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Mucky Little Herbert!

Old news to some... but pre-season Torquay 1985...

Shit... we look young!

Brian Clough
Old 08-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Palace Palace Palace

Rocky, how are you mate? Richard Mance is the name I simply could not recall. He is on your Torquay photos in the gallery. The other one I couldn't think of was the rockabilly bloke from those pictures.

I remember when you left that damn camera in the pub at Oldham and didn't realise until we were on the other side of the moors. We went back and it was still on the floor under the seat you had been sitting on.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Old news to some... but pre-season Torquay 1985...

Shit... we look young!
F@@K look at my hair far left picture 5. It was the 80's though!!!!

Old 08-02-2010, 01:53 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Ostrich
Flipper
Barry
Andy C (Selhursthoover)
Trevor W
Tyrone
The Wolfy Brothers
Rocky
Jason Smith
Andy Sheen
Rob Carl (Exiled after defiling Selhursthoover's house)
Little Nick
Wade
Valerix
Bushy
Mark Irv
Andy Newb
Worzel
Robbie T
Gildo
Martin Reddy
Bungle

Exellent list mate!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:55 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ffffffflllllllllllliiiiiiiiipppppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa
Old 08-02-2010, 01:56 PM
White Car

A few of the said gentlemen

Old 08-02-2010, 01:57 PM
White Car

Old 08-02-2010, 01:58 PM

Sluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Back in he late 80's I was working in Croydon. One of my colleagues was a Palace-mad chap called Rob Barnes who, from memory, always travelled on Away Coach 1. I remember this because he got particularly annoyed one afternoon when he rang up to check the arrangement for the weekend to discover he was on coach 3!

Rob, if you are still out there, say hello!

Last edited by Sluggo; 08-02-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:58 PM
White Car

Old 08-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Mucky Little Herbert!

What ever happened to Flipper? Last sighting I had must have been late 80's... As for Slug, last saw him in watering hole at Brighton away in 2003...

Brian Clough