Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 09-02-2010, 02:19 PM

EastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhursthoover
Thats the baby!!! (well leaning against the wall watching Smithy)

We know him as Harry Enfield
Old 09-02-2010, 02:34 PM

selhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBerksEagle
Old 09-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
I remember a guy who was always on coach 2 making plenty of noise. He wore cherry red Doc Martens and was called 'Ken'.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:07 PM

selhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
I remember a guy who was always on coach 2 making plenty of noise. He wore cherry red Doc Martens and was called 'Ken'.
Always sung "South London" as we came back over the Thames on the coaches in the late 80's.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Palace Palace Palace

thegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Quote:
Dare I ask why?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:29 PM

EastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatnugget
Dare I ask why?
Just because he looks like him
Old 09-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Palace Palace Palace

thegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsthegreatnugget has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Quote:
Just because he looks like him
Really? He was the Earlybirds' heart throb back in the day!
Old 09-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Poker King

Jukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I read in another thread how Palace in the mid to late 80s had a hard core of loyal travelling fans. In some cases this could be down to less than 70 actually going and only 2 or 3 hundred actually claiming to have been there (Sheffield United in 1985 anyone?). I was interested to see to if we could put together a list of those foolhardy souls. Here are the ones I can remember:-

Ostrich
Flipper
Barry
Andy C (Selhursthoover)
Trevor W
Tyrone
The Wolfy Brothers
Rocky
Jason Smith
Andy Sheen
Mason (At one time known as "Scampi Fries")
Rob Carl (Exiled after defiling Selhursthoover's house)
Little Nick
Wade
Valerix
Bushy
Mark Irv
Andy Newb
Worzel
Robbie T
Chris (and sometimes his mum)
Gildo
Fat Dave the Post Office bloke
Martin Reddy
Bungle

And occasionally Slug the Thug!

I ended up travelling to 72 grounds with this lot. Happy days indeed.
Got to add me to that list Nige, and what about Ricky J?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Poker King

Jukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is here
Although I suppose I wasn't hard-core, but at least ten away games a season in the late eighties must count for something?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:53 PM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I read in another thread how Palace in the mid to late 80s had a hard core of loyal travelling fans. In some cases this could be down to less than 70 actually going and only 2 or 3 hundred actually claiming to have been there (Sheffield United in 1985 anyone?). I was interested to see to if we could put together a list of those foolhardy souls. Here are the ones I can remember:-

Ostrich
Flipper
Barry
Andy C (Selhursthoover)
Trevor W
Tyrone
The Wolfy Brothers
Rocky
Jason Smith
Andy Sheen
Mason (At one time known as "Scampi Fries")
Rob Carl (Exiled after defiling Selhursthoover's house)
Little Nick
Wade
Valerix
Bushy
Mark Irv
Andy Newb
Worzel
Robbie T
Chris (and sometimes his mum)
Gildo
Fat Dave the Post Office bloke
Martin Reddy
Bungle

And occasionally Slug the Thug!

I ended up travelling to 72 grounds with this lot. Happy days indeed.
I went home and away from 1975 - may 83 normally by private vehicle after too many lacerations from breaking glass in trains and buses during the outings in early - mid 70's. I recall far more than 70 at most outings but may have 70's and 80's confused as I don't recall any non blurry countenances
Old 09-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Palace Palace Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesy
Although I suppose I wasn't hard-core, but at least ten away games a season in the late eighties must count for something?
Well the title did say "hard core" for which the qualification is unforunately 11 aways a season! As for Ricky J, he once claimed he hadn't missed a game all season, despite the fact we all knew (courtesy of the Beckenham & Penge advertiser) that he had been "away."
Old 09-02-2010, 03:59 PM

Les Age is the book that I have openedLes Age is the book that I have openedLes Age is the book that I have openedLes Age is the book that I have openedLes Age is the book that I have openedLes Age is the book that I have openedLes Age is the book that I have openedLes Age is the book that I have openedLes Age is the book that I have openedLes Age is the book that I have openedLes Age is the book that I have opened

Last edited by Les Age; 09-02-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Attended most of the away games between mid-late 80's
Old 09-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Poker King

Quote:
Well the title did say "hard core" for which the qualification is unforunately 11 aways a season! As for Ricky J, he once claimed he hadn't missed a game all season, despite the fact we all knew (courtesy of the Beckenham & Penge advertiser) that he had been "away."
Do you remember when the train to Bradford got stopped at Peterborough because the old bill were looking for him, they found him let him go to the game so long as presented himself the next day?

It also transpired that he didn't have a ticket for the train and I had to pay his fare coz he had no cash. When we got to Bradford, old bill took me and Ricky into town to find a cashpoint then dropped us off at that hotel near Valley parade where Ricky done enough "business" to pay for the whole trip.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Poker King

Quote:
Oh and where are these "qualifications" you talk about??
Old 09-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Palace Palace Palace

I don't know mate. I only started the thread, I never intended to be sitting in judgement on my fellow travellers!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:13 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tiny should get a mention.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhursthoover
Always sung "South London" as we came back over the Thames on the coaches in the late 80's.

Indeed he did. 'Coach II Crew'
Old 10-02-2010, 03:37 AM
earlybirds

wolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
wot about curley

new earlybirds web site
Old 10-02-2010, 05:00 AM

chisel is a gunboat in a sea of fearchisel is a gunboat in a sea of fearchisel is a gunboat in a sea of fearchisel is a gunboat in a sea of fearchisel is a gunboat in a sea of fearchisel is a gunboat in a sea of fearchisel is a gunboat in a sea of fearchisel is a gunboat in a sea of fearchisel is a gunboat in a sea of fearchisel is a gunboat in a sea of fearchisel is a gunboat in a sea of fear
curly lives in addo still keep in contact now and again, and yes im still in sunnier climates and stoned already and its only 9.30 no change there