Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 20-03-2002, 04:39 PM
Bloody Romans!

the_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anglo Italian

Does anyone remember the Anglo Italian cup 1972?
Did you go to any of the games? Do you remember either of the Inter games?
We are still the only British club ever tio have WON a game in the San Siro. Theres a good pub quiz question!!
Post memories here please.
Cheers
James
Old 20-03-2002, 04:46 PM
jó csávó

Pistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
James Varcoe and I went to the Inter match at Selhurst with Mr Varcoe Snr.

Have to go to a meeting now (yawn) will post a few recollections later.
Old 20-03-2002, 04:56 PM

congress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Did not see any Palace Anglo Italian cup games as I did not start going to Palace until the early eighties but before Palace I use to go and watch Sutton United in the Anglo Italian cup when they were playing teams like Pisa.
We used to think this was proper European football.
Old 20-03-2002, 06:25 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by congress
I use to go and watch Sutton United in the Anglo Italian cup when they were playing teams like Pisa.
We used to think this was proper European football.
Sutton against the Palace Independent Supporters Association?

Wow! It must have been a close contest
Old 20-03-2002, 06:36 PM
BBS Voyeur

budgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I remember going to them, they were great occasions, also we played some great friendlies against other good foreign teams like PSV.
Old 22-03-2002, 12:19 AM
Right who did that?

atlanta eagle FFS Murrayatlanta eagle FFS Murrayatlanta eagle FFS Murrayatlanta eagle FFS Murrayatlanta eagle FFS Murrayatlanta eagle FFS Murrayatlanta eagle FFS Murrayatlanta eagle FFS Murrayatlanta eagle FFS Murrayatlanta eagle FFS Murrayatlanta eagle FFS Murray
I remember it used to be reported that all london cafes would be closing because the Italian waiters would be at Selhurst. It may have been against Inter that somehow the police allowed the Holmesdale to make a mass exodus to the Whitehorse at half time. I came away thinking blimey the away fans have better facilities than us cheek.
Old 23-03-2002, 01:57 AM
Law abiding anarchist

Rash the Smash sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRash the Smash sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRash the Smash sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRash the Smash sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRash the Smash sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRash the Smash sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRash the Smash sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRash the Smash sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRash the Smash sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRash the Smash sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRash the Smash sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
I was at the Inter game. 1-1. Birchenhall scored for us. The programme was for both home games. (We had beaten Cagliari 1-0 the previous Wednesday) I "borrowed" a Daily Express from my paper round that carried the Cagliari match report and persuaded our English teacher to spend the lesson disecting it on purely grammatical lines. It is where I learnt of alliteration as there was a beauty in the report; ".....a possee of Palace players surrounded the referee. aaahh. Happy days.
Old 23-03-2002, 02:12 AM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
didn't man utd beat inter at the San Siro?
Old 25-03-2002, 03:48 AM
he's no David Bailey...

selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes, I went to the Anglo Italian cup matches at Selhurst Park. I'll have to dig the programmes out, when I've got more time. I can't remember much about the matches, just a packed Holmesdale, on a hot afternoon.
Old 25-03-2002, 07:58 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Ditto: remember the Inter game more clearly than the evening match agianst Cagliari, probably because Inter were more famous. Such were the convoluted rules of the competition the 0-2 defeat away at Cagliari meant we finished 5th of the six British clubs. There were some good crowds but don't remember many waiters in the Holmesdale.

Don't remember the next time we competed - 73 or 74 wasn't it?
Old 25-03-2002, 08:12 PM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by pete eagle
didn't man utd beat inter at the San Siro?
If your talking about the 1999 game it was 1-1 at the san siro. It will go down in history as the game responsible for Rod Hulls death.
Old 26-03-2002, 11:55 PM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Rash the Smash
I "borrowed" a Daily Express from my paper round that carried the Cagliari match report and persuaded our English teacher to spend the lesson disecting it on purely grammatical lines. It is where I learnt of alliteration as there was a beauty in the report; ".....a possee of Palace players surrounded the referee. aaahh. Happy days.
Things don't change

...while there was always a posse of Palace players ready to rumble....

(John Richardson in the Mail, August 2000)
Old 27-03-2002, 04:12 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Was Derek playing for us then?
Old 30-03-2002, 02:40 AM
he's no David Bailey...

selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Programme for the 1971 Anglo-Italian Competition.

Old 30-03-2002, 02:43 AM
he's no David Bailey...

The Anglo-Italian Inter League Clubs' Competition lasted four seasons between 1970 and 1973 and Palace took part first in 1971 and again in the final year… On May 29, 1971, we entertained mighty Inter which attracted the Match of the Day cameras to Selhurst.

Palace's determination from the off upset the blue blooded Italians and when Cella under hit a back pass, Alan Birchenall was on-hand to blast past Bordon before the keeper could react to the danger. Palace were inspired – although some of our tackling was not to the liking of referee Angonese. However Tambling, Queen and Birchenall all failed with good opportunities. Inter came back. Boninsegna, another World Cup star, scored a superb solo goal, rounding the back four before shooting under the advancing Jackson. They now took a vice-like grip on the game and there was no further scoring.

Palace were nonetheless delighted and Bert Head claimed: "We should have won it in the first half. This game today would have made a great final."

- 'Forza Glaziers' by Neil Witherow, from the book We All Follow The Palace edited by Tony Matthews.
Old 30-03-2002, 02:46 AM
he's no David Bailey...

The 1971 Competition – Palace were in Group 2, along with West Bromwich Albion, Cagliari and Internazionale.
Old 30-03-2002, 02:48 AM
he's no David Bailey...

Palace 1 Cagliari 0
26 May 1971

Cagliari 2 Palace 0
01 June 1971

Palace 1 Inter Milan 1
29 May 1971

Inter Milan 1 Palace 2
04 June 1971
Old 30-03-2002, 02:49 AM
he's no David Bailey...

Programme for the 1973 Anglo-Italian Competition.

Old 30-03-2002, 02:51 AM
he's no David Bailey...

Palace 4 Hellas Verona 1
Bari 0 Palace 1
Palace 3 Lazio 1
Fiorentina 2 Palace 2
SF: Newcastle United 5 Palace 1
Old 30-03-2002, 02:53 AM
he's no David Bailey...

match report...