Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 30-03-2002, 02:55 AM
he's no David Bailey...

selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I would fully recommend Neil the Eagle’s 'Forza Glaziers' article in We All Follow The Palace, as it's a very good account of Palace's involvement in the Competition.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:16 AM
he's no David Bailey...

selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hard to believe that it happened approx 30 years ago...
Old 02-04-2002, 09:33 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
How comes the only time I've seen us in the Anglo Italian was 1993/94 and we only played two matches. Against Clownton and Millscum. What happened to the Italian matches/ group that season? Did they change the rules? I know Southend or Notts Co. one of them got to the final that season and lost to someone like Brescia
Old 02-04-2002, 09:47 PM

Gooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is here
Yes Latvian, when they resurrected the competition briefly they arranged it so that you didn't actually have to travel and play an Italian team until the latter stages.

Wonder why that didn't take off?

Old 02-04-2002, 09:54 PM
jó csávó

Pistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If those were the rules then why didnt they make the competition even more exotic then?

Like the Anglo Martian Cup or the South London South Sea Islands Champions League?
Old 02-04-2002, 09:56 PM

Gooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is here
Originally posted by Pistike
Quote:
If those were the rules then why didnt they make the competition even more exotic then?

Like the Anglo Martian Cup...
We played that against Millwall earlier this season.

What, you're not telling me that that was human behaviour?!!!
Old 05-04-2002, 05:53 AM
Sergeant Magi

Phil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
From what I recall Bobby Tambling and "Fairy" Jim Scott (ex-Newcastle?) scored the goals at Inter. They were both good technical footballers and were in their element playing against the Italians (although they struggled against the Norman Hunters of Div 1). I also remember most of the Italians in London came to the Cagliari home game to see Italian super-star Luigi Riva. What we wouldn't give for a 3-1 win against Lazio (1973) now!
Old 05-04-2002, 06:39 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
hehe, very funny seeing those scorelines.

Palace 3 Lazio 1. Doesn't that look good? Slightly better than:

Grimsby 5 Palace 2

or

Huddersfield 7 Palace 1
Old 05-04-2002, 11:58 PM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Do you suppose the Lazio BBS has fans waffling on about how they once got beaten 3-1 by Palace and wouldn't it be nice if one day they got the chance for revenge? I bet it still haunts them and they talk about it all the time.
Old 11-10-2002, 04:24 PM
Please....

Ouch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Anglo Italian Cup 1970s

Have bee re-reading We All Follow the Palace recently and particularly enjoying the Anglo Italian Cup section. Is there anyone on the boards who went to any of those games and especially the Inter away victory. What was the atmosphere like, before and after the game. I can't imagine us playing a game like that for many years to come, so probably was one of our geatest victories. Any memories?
Old 12-10-2002, 02:58 AM
bloody old fool

RtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
I went to the home game with Inter. 1-1. Glorious spring day. I think Alan Birchenall scored for us quite early on while they equalised not long before the end.A good crowd as I remember.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:29 AM

howard knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses growhoward knows where the wild roses grow
Re: Anglo Italian Cup 1970s

Quote:
Originally posted by Ouch that Hurt!
Have bee re-reading We All Follow the Palace recently and particularly enjoying the Anglo Italian Cup section. Is there anyone on the boards who went to any of those games and especially the Inter away victory. What was the atmosphere like, before and after the game. I can't imagine us playing a game like that for many years to come, so probably was one of our geatest victories. Any memories?
Yes, great memories. I would have been age 13 in the 1971 Anglo-Italian & 15 in the 1973 event. I can remember seeing the home games against Cagliari 1-0, Inter Milan 1-1, Verona 4-1 & Lazio 3-1. We also did have some other friendlies in 73, including PSV. Was all that really 30 years ago! I'm getting old, happy to have been thier.
Old 24-07-2005, 11:24 PM
he's no David Bailey...

Thought I'd resurrect this thread ahead of the Inter match…
Old 24-07-2005, 11:44 PM

moverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by selhurst
Thought I'd resurrect this thread ahead of the Inter match…
Paul,

I was at this game versus Inter, don't remember there being a big crowd though, did my hero (at the time) Alan Birchenall score?
Old 25-07-2005, 12:04 AM
he's no David Bailey...

Yes Peter, I believe Birchenall did score for us. I was a big Birchenall fan too...
Old 25-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
edited - just seen my earlier post on this thread
Old 25-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Please....

Ouch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOuch that Hurt! was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Re: Anglo Italian Cup 1970s

Quote:
Originally posted by Ouch that Hurt!
That post just seems very strange now ahead of wednesday.
Old 25-07-2005, 10:14 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
I can't remember which ones I attended but I do remember all the Italian waiters.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 26-07-2005, 08:03 PM
he's no David Bailey...

Quote:
Originally posted by selhurst
Palace 1 Inter Milan 1
29 May 1971

Inter Milan 1 Palace 2
04 June 1971
Come on Palace, we can beat them again...!
Old 26-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by dave_who_ru
I can't remember which ones I attended but I do remember all the Italian waiters.
Aren't you confusing them with Lombardo's transalator during his spell as Manager?