Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 27-03-2011, 09:37 AM

markholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Sasa was doing his bonkers protests?
That was at home to Bradord in 99'.
Old 27-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by laggin
some of them not bad players, although brolin and padovano complete flops. i would add linighan, ismael, turtle, zohar and kevin miller to the list
Miller was one of our best players that season.

Lombardo is the most gifted player I have ever seen play for Palace. I also remember watching Ron Noades interview about it (was it in the centenary video or something?) where he says after the deal had been done he sat back in disbelief and said "Bloody hell, I've just signed Lombardo!"

Wasn't the Leeds away win when they had Nigel Martyn in goal? The Leeds fans gave him a standing ovation when he was subbed, and the MOTD commentator mentioned that as well iirc.

If only we'd won that first home game against Barnsley sandwiched in between those two away wins, perhaps we'd have been top of the league for only the second time ever! Such high hopes that season...
Old 27-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporal Jones
Brilliant game.

Duncan disorderly pulled one back for them but we hung on for the 3 points.
Poor old drunken Duncan, a man of huge renown.........!
Old 27-03-2011, 10:49 AM

markholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proud
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ
Miller was one of our best players that season.
Most people detest Miller, but he did ok for us during that campaign.
When we won at Spurs, he was our best player. Think Miller came to prominence after he kept 12 consecutive clean sheets in the 94/95 campaign.

Look at the money chucked at the team that year top of my head.
Miller 1m, Emblem 2m, Padavano 1.8m, Lombardo 1.7m, Zohar 1m, Jamie Smith 700k, Ismael 2.3m, Warhurst 2m, Hermann 400k Also add wages for Fullerton, Brolin, we won't see days like that at Selhurst again.
Old 27-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
In terms of signing players, in 94/95 Houghton & Dowie apart, we didn't really spend a lot. In 97/98 it felt like we really went for it in splashing the cash (Poor old goldberk!)

But it was still hard to take getting walloped at home most weeks 3-0 or 3-1.
Derby at home was a highlight, so too was the much maligned Bruce Dyer's hatrick against Leicester in the cup (Although he could have scored 6!)
Old 27-03-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76
In terms of signing players, in 94/95 Houghton & Dowie apart,
Just a shame both players didn't get a full season under there belts. Houghton came in for the last 8/9 games of the season, and was superb (particularly at home to Man City/West Ham)
Old 27-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Who did we get at the start of that season?

Wilmot (veteran reserve keeper)
Pitcher (crap right back, average midfield clogger)
Wilkins (only ever played the once)
Preece (average, apart from one red-hot month)
Old 27-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Keeping The Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by markholmes1991
Just a shame both players didn't get a full season under there belts. Houghton came in for the last 8/9 games of the season, and was superb (particularly at home to Man City/West Ham)
If we had signed them both summer 94, we'd have had half a chance..
Old 27-03-2011, 02:11 PM

Completely against the purpose of this thread:
Armstrong always did well alongside a target man, you only have to look at how his goals picked up playing alongside Dowie (same applied to Paul Stewart in 93/94) and Sheringham whilst at Spurs. I'm convinced we'd have stayed up had Houghton/Dowie been with us since the start of 94/95, but hey you can always look back in hindsight.
Old 27-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton_Palace
Curcic ? Hreidarsson ? Mullins ? Marcus Bent ?

All spent a fair chunk of their careers as established top-flight players.
I was referring to be talented enough to play in a top ten Premiership team, which none of them, good as their careers turned out to be, were not.

I think Bent may have had one top ten finish with Everton, but that's about it.
Old 27-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Armstrong always did well alongside a target man, you only have to look at how his goals picked up playing alongside Dowie (same applied to Paul Stewart in 93/94) and Sheringham whilst at Spurs. I'm convinced we'd have stayed up had Houghton/Dowie been with us since the start of 94/95, but hey you can always look back in hindsight.
Armstrong was class, the 93/94 season review is a master class in striking, he had everything. Left foot. Right foot. Pace. Ability to head a ball.

His record at Tottenham was not that bad either, just over 1 goal every 3 games, not bad.
Old 27-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Keeping The Faith

Quote:
The Whitehorse opened in 93/94 My favourite ever season. (Bought a season for £100) & as it sold out, Uncle Ron froze the prices for the following season.
Can you imagine that now? A season's premier league season ticket for a one'er?

We were so unlucky, 4 teams went down, yet we were aces in both cups, couldn't buy a goal at times. Had a fab spell when I think we got up to about 10th but couldn't maintain it.
Old 27-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse
I was referring to be talented enough to play in a top ten Premiership team, which none of them, good as their careers turned out to be, were not.

Hreidarsson at Ipswich and Charlton.
Gordon at Middlesbrough
Curcic at Villa
Old 27-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Keeping The Faith

I think Armstrong was excelllent in his first year at Spurs, even touted for England before injuries took hold. Can't believe he's nearly 40 now. Must admit to have never heard of him when he came in from Scumwall, yet it was a steal, remember standing on the Holmesdale when he burst on the scene against Oldham..
Old 27-03-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
, yet it was a steal, remember standing on the Holmesdale when he burst on the scene against Oldham..
The Oldham game 2 goals in 2 minutes, and we still drew, the crowds had dwindled somewhat, but his impact was immediate. His little roll in front of the Holmesdale, and even some of the advertising boards were knocked down as a result.

Quote:
The Whitehorse opened in 93/94 My favourite ever season. (Bought a season for £100) & as it sold out, Uncle Ron froze the prices for the following season.
We were so unlucky, 4 teams went down, yet we were aces in both cups, couldn't buy a goal at times. Had a fab spell when I think we got up to about 10th but couldn't maintain it.
My one gripe, in 94/95, I don't believe they did concessions for home games, due to the Holmesdale being built, and I as a 15 year old was forced to pay £18 quid in the main stand.
94/95- I think we reached the dizzy heights of 9th after beating Ipswich 3-0 in November.
Same could be said about 97/98 after beating spurs away in November we were in the top 10, nearly yet so far.
Old 27-03-2011, 03:13 PM

muswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lombardo was injured by a cynical challenge by Steve McManaman, a player you would not expect to do such things. If he had not been crocked, the season would have been very different.

The Mon night win against Spurs away was another highlight, with Shipps offside goal. In fact, Spurs were in serious danger of relegation until they won at SP in March.

I hope I am wrong, but don't blame me, I voted remain
Old 27-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Keeping The Faith

Was that Gross' first game in charge, after arriving on the tube & spouting shite bout Harry Hotspur?

We were great that day, also remember the game at West Hame when the lights went out, when the game was replayed we got spanked
Old 27-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
I can remember watching Italian football on C4 and becoming a Lombardo fan, so when I read or heard the news of Palace signing him I just didn't believe it.

I have not done enough away games over the years so it is easy for a few to stand out but nonetheless that Everton game was special, not least the songs that seemed to appear out of nowhere.

Where's the thread about the fans who saw Atillo play back in Italy, hung a Palace flag or shirt over the barrier, and he came over at the end to chat to them for half an hour or something?
Old 27-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Coldharbour Pain

Brixton_Palace FFS MurrayBrixton_Palace FFS MurrayBrixton_Palace FFS MurrayBrixton_Palace FFS MurrayBrixton_Palace FFS MurrayBrixton_Palace FFS MurrayBrixton_Palace FFS MurrayBrixton_Palace FFS MurrayBrixton_Palace FFS MurrayBrixton_Palace FFS MurrayBrixton_Palace FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton_Palace
Curcic ? Hreidarsson ? Mullins ? Marcus Bent ?

All spent a fair chunk of their careers as established top-flight players.

tbh I struggle to think of a poster on these boards that consistently posts as much shite as you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse

Mullins 9th with West Ham 05/06
Hreidarsson top 10 finishes with Ipswich, Charlton and Portsmouth
Curcic top 10 with Aston Villa
Bent top 10 with Everton

Now how about you stfu with your ridiculous shite ?
Old 09-04-2012, 08:46 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

What a player he was. i wonder with his former palace connections if he could have a word with the arabs and mancini and get them to sell us a couple of decent players rotting away in their reserves from their massive squad. was Dougie at forest when Lombardo was with us, I can't remember. Maybe he could help us improve the squad in the summer.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.