Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 13-04-2014, 08:37 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
R I P Mark Annon

Former palace youth team player Mark Annon has died, ( was in the youth team around the same time as vince hilaire) . Was a small piece in yesterday's program , anyone know anything more about this
Old 13-04-2014, 08:42 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
RIP, remember the name certainly.
Old 13-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Believe he's on this video, about 45 seconds in.

Old 13-04-2014, 10:06 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
If he ended up becoming a postie then I know him.
Old 13-04-2014, 10:15 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Enjoyed a drink.... probably a bit too much.
Old 13-04-2014, 10:18 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Defender I think.
Old 13-04-2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Believe he's on this video, about 45 seconds in.

Top find.
Old 14-04-2014, 11:22 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Saw him play a few times in the reserves probably about 1980ish, back in the days when they played at selhurst when the first team were away. RIP.
Old 14-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Definitely remember the name. We also had a Gary Grabban at the time, wonder if he was a relative of Lewis?
Old 14-04-2014, 12:35 PM
Aching Arms

LONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller View Post
Definitely remember the name. We also had a Gary Grabban at the time, wonder if he was a relative of Lewis?

I thought Lewis was Gary Grabban's son.

Sorry to hear that Mark Annon has died, he would have been at Palace at a similar time that Keith Millen was too.

Visit http://achingarms.co.uk/
Old 14-04-2014, 12:58 PM
sleep chaser

If he is the same bloke as I think it is, he used to drive a van for Royal Mail in the 90's and once told me he played in the same England youth side as Tony Adams.
Old 14-04-2014, 12:59 PM

selhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RIP Mark. Remember him well.
Old 14-04-2014, 01:17 PM
sleep chaser

Just had it confirmed... it is him. lovely guy, life and soul of the party, played footie with him once and he was head and shoulders above everyone else. Was never bitter about what could have been, but did like to drink... who knows what triggered it all off.
RIP
Old 14-04-2014, 03:09 PM

johnmorgs knows where the wild roses growjohnmorgs knows where the wild roses growjohnmorgs knows where the wild roses growjohnmorgs knows where the wild roses growjohnmorgs knows where the wild roses growjohnmorgs knows where the wild roses growjohnmorgs knows where the wild roses growjohnmorgs knows where the wild roses growjohnmorgs knows where the wild roses growjohnmorgs knows where the wild roses growjohnmorgs knows where the wild roses grow
Mark died of sclerosis of the liver. Great bloke who always had his mates in stiches. Loved nutmeging defenders then going back and either doing it again or doing dragbacks just to wind them up. If anybody used to give it about playing for a club like non league he used to say , have you played in front of 63000 fans at Wembley? When they said no he would have great pleasure in telling them that he had for England schoolboys then burst out laughing making them look small but his mates would be pissing themselves laughing. So much talent, such a waste.

RIP MATE
Old 14-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
If he is the same bloke as I think it is, he used to drive a van for Royal Mail in the 90's and once told me he played in the same England youth side as Tony Adams.
RIP.

As an aside, ending up as a postman seems to have been quite a common destination for ex-footballers in the past (including much bigger names, such as Neil Webb).

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 14-04-2014, 06:27 PM

StanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So sad , I went to school with Mark at Monks Hill.Saw him play for the first team in a friendly against Wimbledon in the 80's . I thought he'd make it . RIP Mark . My brother knows Billy Gilbert down in Portsmouth and Billy remembers him .
Old 05-05-2014, 11:22 AM

Tin Hat comes reeling through the doorTin Hat comes reeling through the doorTin Hat comes reeling through the doorTin Hat comes reeling through the doorTin Hat comes reeling through the doorTin Hat comes reeling through the doorTin Hat comes reeling through the doorTin Hat comes reeling through the doorTin Hat comes reeling through the doorTin Hat comes reeling through the doorTin Hat comes reeling through the door
I think Mark went to the school my Mum worked at - Ashburton - must've been around 1981/2. I would have been 10 years old and he gave my Mum a team photo for me - really nice proper black & white one, signed on the back, from what I was told the players only got one of them per year. From the comments above it seems to be a gesture that is typical of the kind of bloke he was. I have the photo here in NZ. RIP Mark.
Old 14-05-2014, 01:46 PM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
I remember Mark when he was a postie. Such a friendly bloke and I used to drink with him up at the Stag in Selsdon. A real larger than life character who would fondly recall his time spent with Palace. As people have already commented, he would have everybody in the pub in stitches with his silly stories and boy was he loud, but a completely harmless character! I remember one time, we all went up to Covent Garden for the afternoon. He ran straight through the piazza, where the street artists perform and launched into a I Like To Move It Move It, routine. He got a bigger applause than the poor bloke who was juggling!

RIP Mark

Last edited by dowieslovechild; 14-05-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 22-05-2014, 05:59 PM

Bubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is here
He lived on Monks Hill and worked for Royal Mail. He used to carry tins of Special Brew hidden in sack and would be drinking them when delivery the mail at 9am. friendly and Comical character,who but for the Demon drink could have achieved more in football than he did.
RIP MARK.
Old 22-05-2014, 06:05 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Wrap View Post
He lived on Monks Hill and worked for Royal Mail. He used to carry tins of Special Brew hidden in sack and would be drinking them when delivery the mail at 9am. friendly and Comical character,who but for the Demon drink could have achieved more in football than he did.
RIP MARK.
There used to be empty cans in his Royal Mail van.