Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 24-07-2014, 11:50 PM
Whyteleafe's No. 1

Whyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just seen this. Remember him being the standout player for Croydon Schools when they reached the ESFA Cup Final (played at the NSC, as it happens) - kind of the Victor Moses of his time. Developed into a great right winger for the Palace and, I believe, England Youth teams, but unfortunately never made the impact he should have done at First Team level.

Played on the opposite wing to another player called Gary Allen ("Annon and Allen", geddit?) - anyone know what happened to him?
Old 18-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Probationary User

eagleash has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillseagleash has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillseagleash has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillseagleash has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillseagleash has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillseagleash has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillseagleash has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillseagleash has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillseagleash has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillseagleash has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillseagleash has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
I've only just seen this thread; In the late '70s / early '80s a few of us used to kick about in Lloyd Park, Croydon, after work. Frequently we were joined by a young black lad, wno we nicknamed 'Vince' ...obviously. On several occasions he also brought his two older brothers John(?) and Mark. Mark was clearly on a different level but it was a while before we found out who he was! He never mentioned it. He was a good lad and I clearly remember him greeting me and a pal when taking a corner in a reserve game at Selhurst. Sad news, he had some considerable talent. I think he got one first team appearance in a (pre-season) Anglo-Italian cup (?) match against Millwall. As I recall he was a winger.
Old 18-07-2018, 06:24 PM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
He was an excellent prospect at youth level and seemed destined for the top, but for whatever reasons he just never progressed, from memory he was a smallish but stocky striker who scored a bagfull of goals when 15/16 yrs. I am just guessing but i assume he was under 60 yrs old when he passed? a real shame.
R.I.P Mark Annon
Old 28-07-2018, 11:13 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace as a club were in turmoil around 1981 onwards (5 managers in 12 months) and not many youth players after the golden era of 77-79 made it. Back then each club had a 15 man or so first team squad with a reserve team/youth team as back up and it was very difficult to become a regular pro.

Mark was the best young player from Croydon in his mid-teens.

RIP