Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 01-05-2014, 06:27 PM

mickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
Just wondered, barnabas, if you know of the TV Documentaries that featured Palace players - circa 1976?

I remember there was one about Vince Hilaire - might even have been called 'Vince' and also one that featured Palace youngster Steve Leahy - I think they were on ITV - seem to remember there was a mini-season of football related stories - Saturday's Heroes?
I think Tomorrow's World did a thing about Steve Leahy, but I can't remember what exactly.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:11 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I have somewhere a 5 minute programme aired on ITV back in the late 80's called 'Help' (I think). It was about families attending Palace games in the family end in the Old Stand.

What's interesting is that you get to see a lot of 80's Selhurst on a non matchday. I recall a bit in it too with the late Len Chatterton showing the kids around the old dressing rooms.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:06 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Martin Tyler commentating on Rotherham away in 1977....how old was he then, 15?

A shame there's only the edited version of the 3-3 draw with Swindon in 1976 which I've seen many times. The original broadcast had cameras in the changing room and tunnel before kick-off.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 02-05-2014, 05:27 PM

barnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post

A shame there's only the edited version of the 3-3 draw with Swindon in 1976 which I've seen many times. The original broadcast had cameras in the changing room and tunnel before kick-off.
If you want to risk it, one online seller is offering a 25-minute version for just £4.00. I would love to see the 27-minute version of the 72/73 Man Utd game available from the same source.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:39 PM

Lawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Found this reference to 'Saturday's Heroes' mentioned above on this website detailing ITV Football 1968-1983 :
To view the link you have to Register or Login

29/Sep/1976 - "Saturday's Heroes", Thames, (Networked 9:00-10:00pm), three part series. "Ha'way The Lads (Jimmy Seed)", "Saturday Night at the (Crystal) Palace", "Vince (Hilaire)"
Old 04-05-2014, 02:53 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
Can't believe he was 32 then!

Who opened their lunch?
Old 08-05-2014, 07:52 AM

trent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
hey barnabas . this is a work of art !!! .
one question ; how do you get those links to itn to play . just seems to show a lot of information concerning the clip . especially keen to see wrexham 2 palace 4 . i'm sure its an easy process but its baffled me . thanks .
Old 08-05-2014, 10:26 AM

barnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The ITN Source links listed as Shot lists are just that: documentation of footage that may or may not exist in their archive. The other ITN links should work, however. Is anyone else experiencing a problem?

Like yourself I would love to see the goals from the Wrexham game. The last two are still indelibly etched on my mind but the others I have little memory of. I also recall them being shown on TV, I think on On The Ball or Football Focus the following Saturday.

One day the footage might turn up like the Manchester United away game of 1972/73. I'm pretty sure that was just a shot list when I first came across the website a couple of years ago. Probably prioritised because it's United.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:04 PM

trent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i see : thanks for explanation . i recall seeing brief highlights . most likely news at ten and funnily enough recall the last two goals as well . don't remember seeing them again since then .
Old 09-05-2014, 03:54 AM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
[QUOTE=Ruskin Old Boy;11706997]Watched the highlights of our first league match at Stamford Bridge in August 1969 since the 24/25 season. Jacko had a blinder that day but we looked pretty good going forward with Kember and Hoy.

All I can remember from the day was keeping quiet when Hoy scored. And thinking the ground wasn't as bad as the Old Den but not a patch on Selhurst Park.[/QUOTE

Just watched it and once again realize why John Jackson was by far the greatest keeper the world had ever seen. Sorry Julian, nige. Also showed how poor Per Bartram couldn't hit a barn door. Hoys goal a cracker.

By the way, great thread Barnabus.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:25 AM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here

At 9:15 (Derby v Wrexham) there's quite a goal from future Palace centre forward Ian Edwards. He did keep us up in the final match of 82/83 v Burnley but I never remeber him scoring anything as good as that.
Old 17-05-2014, 01:42 AM
Keeping the Faith

Super Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pretty certain that this is the 08 12 1979 LWT footage of the 1-0 win v Forest -

1st half To view the link you have to Register or Login

2nd half To view the link you have to Register or Login

Believe in Bouncebackability.

Aki Riihilahti - probably the best asylum seeker in the world.
Old 17-05-2014, 01:58 AM
Keeping the Faith

Super Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And this is possibly the footage from Arsenal 2 Palace 1 on 27 11 71

Old 17-05-2014, 02:41 AM
Keeping the Faith

And to compliment the footage from 03 01 81 for the Man City 4-0 FA Cup defeat.

At the time City were the subject of a TV documentary

Parts 1-3 may be of interest as they follow Malcolm Allison's final weeks at City.

Part 5 from 2.30 onwards shows his return for the FA Cup tie and we get to see plenty of the Palace bench

Then in part 6 we get to see inside the Palace dressing room at half time and again at full time after 4 2nd half goals

Old 17-05-2014, 07:40 AM

tony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Remember that game at Highbury on November 27 1971 so well. As the attached report says John Hughes frightened the life out of Arsenal towards the end of the game. The following week he scored those two super goals v Sheffield United.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jh v arsenal1971.jpg (618.0 KB, 27 views)
Old 17-05-2014, 07:56 AM

Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
I assume everyone knows there is a "Vintage Palace" video - which the club once produced ... From memory it has Chelsea at home -Jim Cannon's debut; Stoke; Shrewsbury; Leeds; and a few others .... The games are probably all on the list already, but if anyone finds one, it might be worth investing in ...!!
Old 17-05-2014, 09:49 AM

Database updated thanks to Super Mabbs. That Arsenal footage is a real find.

Keep them coming.
Old 17-05-2014, 11:20 AM
Keeping the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankerhater1 View Post
I assume everyone knows there is a "Vintage Palace" video - which the club once produced ... From memory it has Chelsea at home -Jim Cannon's debut; Stoke; Shrewsbury; Leeds; and a few others .... The games are probably all on the list already, but if anyone finds one, it might be worth investing in ...!!
Yes, I've got a feeling I had that and transferred it onto DVD. I'll have a look and see if I can find it.

Old 17-05-2014, 01:47 PM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd love to see the 1972 or 3 game against everton anyone seen it in the archives?
Old 17-05-2014, 02:01 PM
ár lá

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabas View Post
Database updated thanks to Super Mabbs. That Arsenal footage is a real find.

Keep them coming.
If you have a look at this thread Rare You Tube Footage you will find it was posted there along with all sorts of old footage that has since been databased for us thanks to you.

Who opened their lunch?