Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 17-04-2017, 12:26 AM
Probationary User

ChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Does anyone remember Chris Large?

Hello to you all. I am Chris Large's daughter. My dad was a Crystal Palace goalkeeper in the season 1970/71. I was wondering if anybody remembers him and may have some photos or videos of him. It would make him ever so happy as he has not got any photos at all. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170417_002154.jpg (695.1 KB, 376 views)
Old 17-04-2017, 01:04 AM

ian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Chris Large played in all three Youth Cup ties in the 1970-71 season along with Martin Hinshelwood and Jim Cannon. I have the programme/teamsheet for the game at Fulham so pm me if you would like a scan, cannot find any pictures though.
Old 17-04-2017, 11:01 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Your dad did not make the first team , but did he have a football career after Palace?
Old 17-04-2017, 11:04 AM

Martinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think he went to Archbishops Tennyson school as I recall a Chris Large there?
Old 17-04-2017, 11:14 AM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good name for a goalie.
Old 18-04-2017, 09:39 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
That contract is fascinating!

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 18-04-2017, 10:08 AM
Born in South London

gcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
That contract is fascinating!
I wonder if the clause about playing in an efficient manner is still used? We could have sacked some of our duff signings for breach of contract.
Old 18-04-2017, 11:18 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
I remember your Dads name, unfortunately the first choice keeper at the time was John Jackson and at the time he was one of the best in the country. The reserve keeper up until that season was Frank Parsons he left went to Cardiff. In the close season we signed another reserve keeper John Hardie from Bradford Park Avenue who had been kicked out of the football league the contracts became the property of the football league so we picked him up on the cheap he was around for the season covered by the contract vastly experienced he was the reserve that season without ever playing. At around the same time another young keeper was coming through Paul Hammond and I am guessing your Dad lost out to him as the young upcoming keeper.
Old 18-04-2017, 03:04 PM

tony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Chris Large did play 2 reserve games 1970-71. But as mentioned lost out to other keepers. He did win a South East Counties cup under 17 medal when Palace beat Chelsea over 2 legs 3-1 in 1970. There was a team picture taken but the one attached is from the micro film at the 'Local Studies' Library in Croydon. The micro-film is so very dark, so sadly is the copy which was the best I could do, at least it gives information. Perhaps someone else has a copy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg juniors 1970.jpg (1.01 MB, 179 views)
Old 19-04-2017, 07:42 PM

ian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks Tony for pointing me in that direction. I have programmes/teamsheets for the Southern Junior Floodlit Cup 1st Round against Southampton in September 1969. Chris is listed as playing in both and after a 1-1 draw Palace won the replay 9-1 !

Again pm me if you would like a scan.
Old 19-04-2017, 07:48 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Outstanding work Ian & Tony
Old 17-03-2018, 08:41 PM
Probationary User

ChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsChrisLarge was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Dear Ian,

I am the daughter of Chris Large, a former youth Crystal Palace player in 1970. I posted a message last year asking if anyone had anything of him and I read your had a programme or something with his name on it, it would be amazing if you could foward it to me. My email address is a.large.translations@gmail.com.
Really sorry for taking so long to reply, I honestly thought nobody would remember him that's why I never came back to check.

Many thanks,

Best regards
Old 17-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Probationary User

Thank you ever so much for all your responses. So sorry for taking so long to reply! I honestly thought nobody would remember him being all those years ago. My dad was in tears reading all your answer.
Many thanks to you all x
Old 20-03-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLarge View Post
Dear Ian,

I am the daughter of Chris Large, a former youth Crystal Palace player in 1970. I posted a message last year asking if anyone had anything of him and I read your had a programme or something with his name on it, it would be amazing if you could foward it to me. My email address is a.large.translations@gmail.com.
Really sorry for taking so long to reply, I honestly thought nobody would remember him that's why I never came back to check.

Many thanks,

Best regards
I sent you an e-mail yesterday (Mon 19th) evening with 3 scanned attachments. I hope your Dad enjoys them and brings back memories,
check out a couple of the names.
Old 21-03-2018, 08:36 PM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLarge View Post
Thank you ever so much for all your responses. So sorry for taking so long to reply! I honestly thought nobody would remember him being all those years ago. My dad was in tears reading all your answer.
Many thanks to you all x

Chris, your father's name is very familiar. Could be from just reading Advertiser match reports of the time, but I'm sure I'd heard of him before.

What school did he go to? Did he play in goal for Croydon Schools and which Sunday league team, or teams did he play for? Just for curiosity it would be interesting to know how much a week the club were willing to pay him to sign the dotted line. My ball park guess would be about 15 quid.
Old 22-03-2018, 09:30 AM

transformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This all getting a bit hazy but I think i recall watching us play Arsenal in a pre-season friendly at start of 71-72 season at Crystal Palace athletics stadium . It was a bit lively
on the terraces . I think Chris Large played some part of that match - and was clattered by Jon Radford - broken nose possibly ?

If this didn't happen can someone let me know and I'll ask the nurse for more medication .
Old 22-03-2018, 01:26 PM

transformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just had a quick check - it was start of 70-71 season Friday 7th August . Arsenal won 2-0 both from Radford . Attendance given as 2000 .
To view the link you have to Register or Login
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Will try & find a Palace squad sheet for this one to see if Chris Large was involved .
Old 22-03-2018, 04:32 PM

jimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is here
I love the BBS sometimes. This is wonderful and well done to our amazing BBS archivists!
Old 22-03-2018, 10:14 PM

tony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformerman View Post
This all getting a bit hazy but I think i recall watching us play Arsenal in a pre-season friendly at start of 71-72 season at Crystal Palace athletics stadium . It was a bit lively
on the terraces . I think Chris Large played some part of that match - and was clattered by Jon Radford - broken nose possibly ?

If this didn't happen can someone let me know and I'll ask the nurse for more medication .
John Jackson played the whole of the game v Arsenal. I think you are getting mixed up with another young goalkeeper Colin Wootton who replaced 'Jacko' near the end of another friendly game v Paykaan on August 5 two days before the Arsenal game. Chris Large played in the first reserve game v Swindon won 3-2.We then signed John Hardie from Bradford Park Avenue who had just
been voted out of the league. Chris Large did ply one more reserve game at Cardiff January 13 1971 lost 1-3.
Old 23-03-2018, 06:06 PM

Hi Tony . Thanks for info - as I said all a bit hazy . I do seem to remember
him maybe from local / school football perhaps .

And if Chris Large , the poster's mother was originally a ' Perry ' living in
Lambert's Place , Croydon then I think I used to know her and her dad many , many years ago !