Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 09-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Gilzean

Gilzean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGilzean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGilzean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGilzean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGilzean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGilzean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGilzean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGilzean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGilzean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGilzean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGilzean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Any updates on Vince Book release date

Hi Folks - really looking forward to reading this book. Any ideas when it will be released. I live in Germany so ordered thus via AMAZON but no dates from them. Thanks Gilzean
Old 09-03-2018, 02:29 PM

M3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is here
It is apparently 22 March
Old 09-03-2018, 02:42 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I bet in a few years they'll be here in my local Oxfam shops and there in the Cancer Research and Rowcroft ones and other charity places every fvcking where.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:31 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
I bet in a few years they'll be here in my local Oxfam shops and there in the Cancer Research and Rowcroft ones and other charity places every fvcking where.
Old 17-03-2018, 01:02 PM

David Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Copy of the book

It's officially out on the 22nd
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (1.36 MB, 150 views)
Old 18-03-2018, 07:41 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Giles View Post
It's officially out on the 22nd
So they did change the cover after all

Shame, the first version looked amazing. Maybe they want to have more chance of selling some copies on the south coast.
Old 18-03-2018, 09:56 AM

M3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is here
Yes shame, but I still can't wait to get it.
Old 18-03-2018, 12:51 PM

David Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Giles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Vince pulled the Palace cover. It looked amazing but he thought it would alienate Pompey fans in particular
Old 18-03-2018, 01:03 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Giles View Post
Vince pulled the Palace cover. It looked amazing but he thought it would alienate Pompey fans in particular
What about alienating Palace fans?
Old 18-03-2018, 01:31 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
It hasn't alienated me

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 18-03-2018, 01:38 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
At least he is still wearing red and blue.
Old 18-03-2018, 09:12 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
It hasn't alienated me

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltron View Post
I messaged Vince a few weeks ago and he said that there would be a few different covers depending on the audience - ie a Palace one, a Pompey one etc. I hope that's still the case.

Mind you the England one is pretty special.
So is there still going to be a Portsmouth cover?
Old 18-03-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEagle View Post
So is there still going to be a Portsmouth cover?
No, just this one
Old 19-03-2018, 11:15 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
My Mum has just sent me a picture, she has the book in her hands, she works with the authors Mum. Unfortunately its not the copy for me
Old 19-03-2018, 01:13 PM

Club website says Vince will be signing copies in the fanzone on the day we play Brighton.
Old 20-03-2018, 12:57 AM

Bobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dominic Fifield interview in The Guardian.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old 21-03-2018, 04:27 PM

moverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmoverman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
My Mum has just sent me a picture, she has the book in her hands, she works with the authors Mum. Unfortunately its not the copy for me
Al, Vince was hero worshipped down at Pompey and he works there on matchdays (still - I think)

It was his decision I believe to have a "neutral" pic of him wearing the England shirt.
Old 21-03-2018, 05:10 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK1 View Post
The two saddest days in football for me as a kid were (1) Vince Hilaire leaving Palace and (2) him getting a load of racist abuse at Selhurst when he came back with Pompey. Everyone did it at the time, Palace were no better or worse. Among the happiest days was watching Vince single handedly take apart Leeds Utd circa 1980ish, took on several players then slotted in from a tight angle. Like Wright and Zaha after him, you expected something special whenever he got the ball. Unlike them, he had a certain floating elegance to his style. A bit like Michael Jordan, the top half seemed to stay still as he ran.

I remember the Pompey home game, they seemed to have filled the entire Holmesdale End (it was divided into three large sections with fences running the length of the terrace - usually the away fans went into the corner section, roughly where the gap is between the Arthur and Blocks B and C are now).

Not sure why fans chose to abuse Vince, but it was a really strange atmosphere and Palace were just begining to take shape under Coppell after 5 miserable years between 1980-85, where we had shrunk from 30,000 average gates to many under 5,000 and to have over 10,000 in the ground was rare until the late 1980’s.

I also heard about Vince getting some very bad racial abuse from some Palace fans in late 1986 at Full Members Cup tie at Pompey (that’s the competition that became the Zenith Cup which we won at Wembley in 1991).

Don’t think there were many there, which probably made the abuse all the worse. Real shame because Vince was an absolute hero to all of us that watched him the 70s and early 80s for Palace, right from his Palace Youth matches, where we could see what a special player he was - as indeed many of that great youth side coached by John Cartwright went on to be too.

Lots of casual racism back then, which I guess the ‘Brown Boy on the wing song’ of the time reflects, but Vince was very much the Wilf Zaha of 40 years ago (wow, 40 years!) and I really only have happy memories - even though there were obviously some very bad ones too, which have happily vanished with time.
Old 21-03-2018, 05:47 PM

Location: Now living in Hampshire - in the between some red and blue armies
Milton Keynes Eagle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallMilton Keynes Eagle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallMilton Keynes Eagle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallMilton Keynes Eagle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallMilton Keynes Eagle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallMilton Keynes Eagle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallMilton Keynes Eagle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallMilton Keynes Eagle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallMilton Keynes Eagle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallMilton Keynes Eagle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallMilton Keynes Eagle put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
[QUOTE=CP Satellite;14174947]
I also heard about Vince getting some very bad racial abuse from some Palace fans in late 1986 at Full Members Cup tie at Pompey (that’s the competition that became the Zenith Cup which we won at Wembley in 1991).[QUOTE]

I was at the 1985 and 1986 away league games at Pompey and the racial abuse against Vince was particularly bad in the former. I had just started at Uni in Guildford and this was a short away trip for me on the train. Nasty atmosphere before, during and after the match.
Old 21-03-2018, 06:12 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Reading that article, it sounds like he might have more affection for Portsmouth than he does Palace.

Probably a bit like being asked which of your kids is your favourite.