Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 06-03-2018, 12:09 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Holmesdale that night with my old man and sister who left me there, I was 11, the crush was terrifying, ended up standing on a rubbish skip near The Old Stand balancing on the skip with a pissed up skinhead and punk, saw both goals perfectly though, still seems so fresh in the memory.

Last edited by Kylie_Tracey; 06-03-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:12 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Top of whitehorse, between the blue disabled cars. As an 11 year old it left a lasting impression i guess.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:14 PM

monster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by laths View Post
Got in around 6 I think on the Holmesdale. Packed then, went back to Roundshaw for a Tennants party.
I remember that party mate, did Micky moo drive?
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
New stand with my old man.
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
I'm one of those not included in the official attendance figure. My friend's dad was an on duty copper so he used to sneak us into games.

I was only eleven years old, the Holmesdale was packed and us kids were sat pitch side of the advertising hoardings. We had to move pretty sharpish when everyone decided to storm onto the pitch when the second goal went in.

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Holmesdale with my mates who are all season tickets in the Holmesdale. Stood near the floodlight pylon near Park Road. Finished off in the Golden Lion Penge. Nearly 40 years , what did Mary Hopkin used to sing ?
Old 06-03-2018, 12:18 PM
your best is an idiot!

Leopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
90% of all those born February/March 1980 within five miles of Selhurst were conceived very late at night May 11th 1979. Fact.
I was 10 at the time. If the average male was in the state my Dad was in when I had to carry him home, I think there would have been a severe lack of action in South London that night. I'm pretty sure it took him weeks to recover!
Old 06-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Holmesdale with my mates who are all season tickets in the Holmesdale. Stood near the floodlight pylon near Park Road. Finished off in the Golden Lion Penge. Nearly 40 years , what did Mary Hopkin used to sing ?
Turn Turn Turn ! ?
Old 06-03-2018, 12:25 PM
Laths

laths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I remember that party mate, did Micky moo drive?
That I can’t remember , got a bus there but I could be wrong.
Micky moo was a good mate and sadly died about 6 years ago,
Old 06-03-2018, 12:25 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch View Post
I was 10 at the time. If the average male was in the state my Dad was in when I had to carry him home, I think there would have been a severe lack of action in South London that night. I'm pretty sure it took him weeks to recover!
It sounds very much like you were conceived just around the moment we got promotion for the first time to the top division funnily enough
Old 06-03-2018, 12:31 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Whitehorse end and took my son who goes to every Palace game home or away.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:33 PM
PALACE FAN SINCE `62

tamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was there, stood high on the bank at the Holmesdale end.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:36 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
Had a season ticket in the Main Stand in those days towards the Whitehorse end.

What a night!
Old 06-03-2018, 12:39 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
12 of us there at 6 on Holmesdale - all 13 year-olds . Already packed. Lost everyone within 5 minutes of being in the swaying throng. Saw the goals and not much else. Fell over at end and went from top of terrace to near the bottom on my knees. Thought I was a gonner as I saw wall approaching. Got pulled up by someone at last minute who probably saved my life and I made it on to the pitch. 68 bus home was literally rocking! Still very vivid memories.

Proud to be part of the anti-racist, woke majority

Last edited by stamford triumph; 06-03-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:45 PM

plumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Last match I ever saw with my Dad,happy memories.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:46 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumey1969 View Post

Last match I ever saw with my Dad,happy memories.
I've got that very page reprinted on a foot stool my wife made for my 50th. Further down there's also a bleak review of Millwall's match!

Proud to be part of the anti-racist, woke majority
Old 06-03-2018, 12:47 PM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Near the front of the Arthur at 5pm. Lost my car keys on the pitch and had to walk home. Who cared?
Old 06-03-2018, 12:50 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
I was in the Holmesdale

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:56 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Holmesdale, went to the ground straight from school, queued up for ages and then spent a few hours meeting my mates down the front.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:18 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Used to always stand behind the goal about half way back on the Holmesdale but never got near that spot! What a night!