Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 10-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is here
One of the 51,801 has passed to the great terracing in the sky - my dad; who wasn't much of a football fan but took me to the game anyway; passed away last month. His most abiding memory was a cup of tea being passed down the Whitehorse stand by total strangers until it got to him near the front.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So those of us from the 51,801 club that are still living,,,,,,where we having our Christmas do?
Old 11-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Dan View Post
One of the 51,801 has passed to the great terracing in the sky - my dad; who wasn't much of a football fan but took me to the game anyway; passed away last month. His most abiding memory was a cup of tea being passed down the Whitehorse stand by total strangers until it got to him near the front.
Sorry for your loss

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 11-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
So those of us from the 51,801 club that are still living,,,,,,where we having our Christmas do?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-12-2018, 09:09 PM

jjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Dan View Post
RIP your dad.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:19 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
I didn't go (I was only three and didn't start supporting Palace until I was 11 or so). My stepdad did though and I have his programme. Poor old sod has severe dementia these days so wouldn't remember a thing about the game.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:23 PM

jjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is here
My Irish parents had no interest in football until l started supporting Palace when l was 10. God bless them both, they both kept an eye on Palace, always knew the latest results, even when they moved back home to Ireland. They both knew about my "love" for the South coast mob and even my mother would use a very, very mild swear word rather than call them 'B'. My old man would always drive up from Beckenham to pick me up from Kings Cross/Euston etc when we had a midweek away game up north in the late 70 and and early 80's, normally arriving back on the mail train at 2/3/4 am!! Sorry, to go off topic, but the last few posts have just brought back memories.

Last edited by jjeagle; 11-12-2018 at 10:28 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:28 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
i was born 2 days later lol
Old 12-12-2018, 03:38 PM
23 years for 6174 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is here
Yep I was there, with my fiance, we married 6 months later.

What a night ! Remember going on the pitch and saying the most ridiculous thing I think I'ver said in my life...to a male Copper; " if you were a woman I'd kiss you !" Makes me cringe now.

But we went back to the fiance's Auntie's....for an extremely boozy dinner...there seemed to be people in every street, dancing and singing.

Great memories. Thats what Palace has bought over the years..and I luv 'em for it.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:41 PM
23 years for 6174 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o View Post
Yep I was there, with my fiance, we married 6 months later.

What a night ! Remember going on the pitch and saying the most ridiculous thing I think I'ver said in my life...to a male Copper; " if you were a woman I'd kiss you !" Makes me cringe now.

But we went back to the fiance's Auntie's....for an extremely boozy dinner...there seemed to be people in every street, dancing and singing.

Great memories. Thats what Palace has bought over the years..and I luv 'em for it.
P.s. We were on the Whitehorse
Old 13-12-2018, 10:19 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
i was born 2 days later lol
How cool would that have been though if you were born on the actual day?
Your mum needed to push a bit harder
Old 14-12-2018, 09:20 AM

Uncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietUncle Neal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brilliant.

My first season starting with Brighton at home!

Watched the Burnley game from the Whitehorse - seems strange that there was no question of this being the away end and we just took it. How many Burnley were there? Would be good to get the story from their point of view.

Sign of how things have change that Jimmy Cannon was disappointed with crowds of 25k.

Typical Palace that we had a really good team but managed to turn to sh1te in just 18 months.
Old 14-12-2018, 09:41 AM

RednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Unfortunately I wasn't there as I was living/working in Brussels at the time, but I heard the game on BBC Radio and remember well the occasion. Somewhere I have a photograph of my ten-month old son in his bouncy chair fully decked out in woolly hat and scarf as we celebrated!
Old 18-12-2018, 09:33 PM
Senior member & moaner

Location: Militant Wing of the Dougie Freedman Appreciation Society
Mark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My neighbour Don Faircloth who took me into the Arthur where I had arranged to meet my Dad. Fat chance!

I make Cassandra look like an optimist.
Old 20-12-2018, 01:42 PM

Frimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes I was there...early days or supping Palace - great night
Old 20-12-2018, 01:44 PM

Frimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrimley Flyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frimley Flyer View Post
Yes I was there...early days or supping Palace - great night
Lol....supporting I meant to say.....stood on the Holmesdale - very squashed!
Old 20-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
My Dad was there.
Old 20-12-2018, 02:50 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
I was there and celebrated on the pitch at the final whistle along with thousands of other Palace fans.

The ground was half full by 6.30 PM and thousands of fans queued for hours to get in with thousands being turned away as the ground was already full to bursting by kick off.

What a night and up there with the vital last gasp win at Wrexham that also led to promotion for Palace.
Old 20-12-2018, 03:00 PM
Poker King

Jukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is here
My second game following the FA Youth Cup final win against Everton (I think)?
Old 21-12-2018, 12:17 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gardiner View Post
My neighbour Don Faircloth who took me into the Arthur where I had arranged to meet my Dad. Fat chance!
Was he the athlete?