Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 11-04-2018, 12:15 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Wearing Football Shirts to Matches

When did it start? My guess 1987.

Or was that a Palace thing?
Old 11-04-2018, 03:34 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
When did it start? My guess 1987.

Or was that a Palace thing?
I used to wear one back in the 70´s, I was under 10 though.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:38 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I have not idea but really genuinely think it's an odd thing for adults to do.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:41 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
We're Palace fans,of course we're odd.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:43 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hoards of Newcastle fans in kilts and their footie shirts on The Holmesdale around 1983 rings a bell.

And Scotland fans wore theirs en masse 1982 World Cup.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:45 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I haven't worn a Palace (team) top to a game since I was a child. I will however wear a Palace related top to a game, such as a polo top with a small badge. More than not though, nothing......as in non related Palace, not Birthday suit.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:48 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was bought a Palace shirt by my older brother ever xmas from the age of 5 up until my mid teens.
Last time I wore one was probably the '90 cup final when I had the physique.
Only ever wear a scarf when we play Millwall and Brighton now.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:15 PM
AWM V 41 118,119

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
I don't see an adult wearing the team top as something strange you see 1000's of them at every match. I'm not talking FKW that is very strange but the top, what's the problem. I've been known to wear the top but with a coat as travelling up an down to the Midlands might be a bit conspicuous. Now I just wear Palace related tops and lucky pants.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:21 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumie Allan View Post
I don't see an adult wearing the team top as something strange you see 1000's of them at every match. I'm not talking FKW that is very strange but the top, what's the problem. I've been known to wear the top but with a coat as travelling up an down to the Midlands might be a bit conspicuous. Now I just wear Palace related tops and lucky pants.
After this season I reckon you'll need to change your 'lucky pants'.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:39 PM
AWM V 41 118,119

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
After this season I reckon you'll need to change your 'lucky pants'.
I've already bought some new ones for our next season in the PL.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:35 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Only started going to matches in 1970, but I’m sure some people wore Palace shirts at the games back then, I’ve definitely seen photos of the 1969 promotion winning game when Palace beat Fulham and there is a fan in a Palace shirt joining in the celebrations.

Certainly remember people wearing team shirts from the mid 70’s onwards, it just grew when firms like Umbro and Admiral started making kits more commercial and changing designs every 2/3 seasons.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:04 PM

yorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not many people wore shirts in the seventies it was to dangerous .
Any wearing of colours then was taking a risk hence I use to hide my scarf when I got out of the ground
Old 11-04-2018, 07:39 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Let people do what they want. Shouldn’t really affect your life. I stopped wearing Palace shirts at games at about 12 but I happily sport one at big occasion games like Wembley. Seeing a Palace end at Wembley covered in red and blue is class. Not wore once since the cup final
Old 11-04-2018, 07:42 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I think it came after people saw Americans doing it at NFL matches.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:45 PM
Old skool BBSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I think it came after people saw Americans doing it at NFL matches.
In the 1970's?

Old 11-04-2018, 07:50 PM

Danny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is here
I wear polo shirt at Selhurst and home top for any trips to Wembley.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:17 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot View Post
I wear polo shirt at Selhurst and home top for any trips to Wembley.
^^^
Scarfer.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:23 PM
Banned by Moderators

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
FKW is probably better than wearing just a top, because it can only be done tongue-in-cheek, and, unlike in-jokes with the boys, it's something everyone can join in with.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:11 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just tried on my original Scotland WC shirt from '82. Haven't washed it once but fvck me it has shrunk to half the size somehow.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:15 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Just tried on my original Scotland WC shirt from '82. Haven't washed it once but fvck me it has shrunk to half the size somehow.
I think it's those 80s fabrics. Tricky blighters.