Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 11-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Just tried on my original Scotland WC shirt from '82. Haven't washed it once but fvck me it has shrunk to half the size somehow.
It probably wanted you to sell it on as new.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:09 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just tried on my original Scotland WC shirt from '82. Haven't washed it once but fvck me it has shrunk to half the size somehow.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:22 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I have no truck win grown men wearing replica shirts to matches, although it is not for me.

What I do have a problem with is grown men wearing replica shirts when going supermarket shopping with their wife or girlfriend. We have a regular in my local Sainsbury's Grantham, a Man Utd fan inevitably and probably 20 stone with that ugly shirt stretched over his massive gut. I have been tempted many times to ram my trolley into him and make a run for it.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:26 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
I wear Palace garms to matches all the time. It's Palace skateboard garms, mind.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:42 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
When did it start? My guess 1987.

Or was that a Palace thing?
My first one was in the sash in 1979, my mum had to sew the badge on
Old 12-04-2018, 08:54 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Shit yeah, they came with the badge separate didn’t they ? I’d totally forgot that
Old 12-04-2018, 09:54 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I had one of them, aged 7. You are right about the badge. God I wish I still had that kit but unfortunately my mother binned without consent during the great loft purge of 1990, along with my Scalextric, action man stuff, subbuteo, match day programmes etc etc. I could barely bring myself to talk to her for about a month. The only item salvaged because they'd got separated from the rest of the kit and were hidden in the loft was the shorts from our iconic 1987 Hummel sash kit. I've still got those and I occasionally wear them in bed in lieu of pyjama shorts
Old 12-04-2018, 10:01 AM

lee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Football shirts over jumpers.

What is all that about?
Old 12-04-2018, 04:58 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
I had one of them, aged 7. You are right about the badge. God I wish I still had that kit but unfortunately my mother binned without consent during the great loft purge of 1990, along with my Scalextric, action man stuff, subbuteo, match day programmes etc etc. I could barely bring myself to talk to her for about a month. The only item salvaged because they'd got separated from the rest of the kit and were hidden in the loft was the shorts from our iconic 1987 Hummel sash kit. I've still got those and I occasionally wear them in bed in lieu of pyjama shorts
I’ve still got all that except the subbuteo stuff, scalextric’s is all smashed up and I doubt if it works and the action man stuff is in a big box but smells musty like 40 year old socks but I just can’t get rid of it.

As for the sew on badge, my mum sewed it on too low and it looked a bit odd, as she passed away a few years ago, I think I’ve finally forgiven her
Old 12-04-2018, 05:51 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
They aren't really nice clothing. Lurid man made fibres generally. Why would you wear one unless you are trying to emulate your heroes like a young child? Understandable if you are the type prone to wearing sportswear as casual clothing I suppose. However to go from normally wearing a buttoned shirt or polo to donning a nylon team shirt seems too far a leap even to show your support imo.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:03 PM

Bubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hoards of Newcastle fans in kilts and their footie shirts on The Holmesdale around 1983 rings a bell.

And Scotland fans wore theirs en masse 1982 World Cup.
Going back my memory of football shirts was Newcastle. Five huge fat blokes in Newcastle tops bowled into the Arthur Wait singing section and i just remember seeing black and white going all over the place.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:38 PM

ob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Me too when i was 6 and don't think i got another till about 1987 when i started buying them myself and going to games fairly regular using paper round money.

Last edited by ob13; 12-04-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 13-04-2018, 01:45 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_cpfc View Post
Football shirts over jumpers.

What is all that about?
Like football shirts tucked into trousers, Vincent Tan-style?
Old 17-04-2018, 01:57 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
IMO - Kids, fine.
Adults - if you're wearing it for playing football, sport, gym etc - fine
Adults - wearing in public in general, to a football game or not - just looks odd. Especially printed on the back
Old 17-04-2018, 02:21 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wear one 1st home game and last home game. Or a cup final. No more no less. Past caring if it's acceptable.
Old 17-04-2018, 03:38 PM
Haram!!!!

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
When did it start? My guess 1987.

Or was that a Palace thing?

I bought my first in 1989. My brother refused to walk with me to matches because he said "we'd be beaten up" He now has that shirt, I found it at his place after he told me it was lost.
Old 17-04-2018, 03:53 PM

Tele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
My mum gave all my early Palace kits and tracksuits away to a poorer family down the street. Ungrateful gits took all the badges off and kept the shirts. I now have a collection of badges from 78-84 on an old scarf.
Old 23-04-2018, 10:14 PM

PS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I have not idea but really genuinely think it's an odd thing for adults to do.
Why?