Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 16-04-2018, 11:47 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Ian Edwards, Gabbiadini, Gary Thompson, stan collymore, chris coleman.
He was a central defender, other than the rain ravaged game at Selhurst against Chelsea when he scored..just.
Old 17-04-2018, 12:00 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaceboy222 View Post
We’ve certainly had our fair share of dross:

Andrew, Andrews, Kuqi, Macken, Scowcroft, Counago, Iversen, Easter, Wilbraham, John, Akinbiyi, Adebola, Black, Martin, Stokes, Rui Fonte, Lee, Ameobi, Sonogo, Jerome, Campbell, Sears, Beattie, Adebayor, Dickov, Kitson, Whelan, Obika, Bradbury, Kaviedes, Bamford, Brolin, Remy, Dyer, Padovano, Veart, Fuller, Idrizaj

Some worked hard, some I quite liked, some did more than others, some were decent earlier in their career or later on, but there’s not much genuine quality there in terms of what they did for us!

I’m not sure where to put Ventola, Benteke or McKenzie.

AJ, Bent, Jansen, Morrison, Shipperley, Chamakh, Freedman, Forsell, Phillips, Murray and Svensson were all good for us. I’d argue Gayle was too although I supported selling him. So was Butterfield.
Great post, add Tommy Langley, Ian Edwards, Ian Walsh, all very average. On the other hand Mark Bright, John Salako, Chris Armstrong and Paul Stewart were brilliant.
Old 17-04-2018, 12:09 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Great post, add Tommy Langley, Ian Edwards, Ian Walsh, all very average. On the other hand Mark Bright, John Salako, Chris Armstrong and Paul Stewart were brilliant.
A bit harsh to lump Ian Walsh in with Langley and co, he wasn't a bad player at all for Palace!
Old 17-04-2018, 12:45 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Chris Jones
Old 17-04-2018, 12:53 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
He was a central defender, other than the rain ravaged game at Selhurst against Chelsea when he scored..just.
He played up front a good few times. Almost as embarrassing as our striker shortage this season.
Old 17-04-2018, 02:24 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Stewart.
Old 17-04-2018, 05:23 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Tony Evans. Our top scorer in Mullery’s last season with 7 I think - all away from home. Nice tache though.
Old 17-04-2018, 06:30 AM
Once a Mascot

Palaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_cpfc View Post
Dyer was decent
Yeah how dare you put Dyer on that list. Unless of course it was Alex.
Old 17-04-2018, 06:31 AM
Once a Mascot

Palaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
He played up front a good few times. Almost as embarrassing as our striker shortage this season.
Yes but he scored more than Benteke.
Old 17-04-2018, 07:36 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Did Gabbiadini score more times than Benteke?
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 17-04-2018, 07:43 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
David Swindlehurst how has he not been mentioned. Palace fell apart up front when he was sold to Derby in early 1980. Something like 73 goals in 237 games for palace. Far better than Ian Walsh in my opinion.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.

Last edited by Ardent Eagle Forever; 17-04-2018 at 08:04 AM.
Old 17-04-2018, 08:24 AM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I know. But Coppell did start him as a centre forward more than once I seem to remember. Even back then we had striker issues.
Old 17-04-2018, 08:28 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Both Phil Barber and Andy Gray were strikers at first.
Old 17-04-2018, 08:34 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:

Andrew, Andrews, Kuqi, Macken, Scowcroft, Counago, Iversen, Easter, Wilbraham, John, Akinbiyi, Adebola, Black, Martin, Stokes, Rui Fonte, Lee, Ameobi, Sonogo, Jerome, Campbell, Sears, Beattie, Adebayor, Dickov, Kitson, Whelan, Obika, Bradbury, Kaviedes, Bamford, Brolin, Remy, Dyer, Padovano, Veart, Fuller, Idrizaj

Some worked hard, some I quite liked, some did more than others, some were decent earlier in their career or later on, but there’s not much genuine quality there in terms of what they did for us!

I’m not sure where to put Ventola, Benteke or McKenzie.

AJ, Bent, Jansen, Morrison, Shipperley, Chamakh, Freedman, Forsell, Phillips, Murray and Svensson were all good for us. I’d argue Gayle was too although I supported selling him. So was Butterfield.
This post sums up the 21st century. You’re either a legend or a loser. Brilliant or bad.

There’s an in-between of course and if a player was not great for us, that doesn’t mean they were dross. Putting Andrews in the same bucket as players like Kuqi, Scowcroft, Wilbraham, John, and a lorry load more that you’ve listed, is grossly unfair. Particularly, calling Bruce Dyer dross is rubbish.
Old 17-04-2018, 08:39 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Danny Butterfield.
Old 17-04-2018, 08:48 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Tony Sealy, Andy McCulloch, Louie Donowa, Steve Galloway, Alex Dyer.
Old 17-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
This post sums up the 21st century. You’re either a legend or a loser. Brilliant or bad.

There’s an in-between of course and if a player was not great for us, that doesn’t mean they were dross. Putting Andrews in the same bucket as players like Kuqi, Scowcroft, Wilbraham, John, and a lorry load more that you’ve listed, is grossly unfair. Particularly, calling Bruce Dyer dross is rubbish.
Agree about Bruce Dyer. His middle name wasn't 'Dross' it was 'Offside'
Old 17-04-2018, 10:26 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
Tony Sealy, Andy McCulloch, Louie Donowa, Steve Galloway, Alex Dyer.
Only time I saw Louie in red and blue was the Malcolm Allison testimonial against Spurs 3-3 draw (circa 93?)

He came on loan with their reserve goalie, Martin Taylor perhaps..

Has the much maligned Gareth Taylor been mentioned? We should have just bought Marcus Stewart!

Sealy won a cup with Sporting and had a good career in HK
Old 17-04-2018, 10:33 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Quote:

While I prefer being in the Premier League, there was something to be said for finding out on Ceefax 302, CP FRIS and latterly the BBS that we'd signed the likes of Bradbury, Whelan or Macken, and daring to dream that they might be the missing piece to fire us to the glory land.

Signings seemed that bit more exciting before the endless YouTube clips of their goals and skills and you could wait in hope that they would turn out to the be player you wanted them to be, rather than the player they actually were.
Old 17-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Craig Beattie, still leading the line for Edinburgh City, was actually annoyed that we didn't secure him!