Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 09-05-2018, 01:59 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Nigel Martyn, Kenny Sansom, Peter Taylor
Old 09-05-2018, 05:29 PM
Probationary User

Peter Aslett was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPeter Aslett was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPeter Aslett was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPeter Aslett was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPeter Aslett was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPeter Aslett was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPeter Aslett was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPeter Aslett was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPeter Aslett was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPeter Aslett was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPeter Aslett was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Kenny Sansom,Wilf and Nigel Martyn
Old 09-05-2018, 05:40 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Peter Taylor.

I hated the day he became our manager as I knew know-nuffinks like my boy and his generation would forever dismiss him if he failed. (which he did)
Old 09-05-2018, 05:52 PM

wymondhameagle is playing for a contract
I know it's going back a bit but I go for Cliff Holton. We were at the bottom of the old Div 3 when he arrived late in 1962 and not only was he one of the main reasons we stayed up that season but we finished 2nd in 63-64 to get back to Div 2 after nearly 40 years.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've got an older brother who took me to my first game at Selhurst Park when I was 5 in 1969...He was 16, my older sis was 14 so I obviously wasn't the planned child, as they liked to remind me in later years but he forever went on about his favourite ever Palace player - Vic Rouse. He put him above Byrne.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:04 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wilf all the way, if my kids were born now there's a good chance I'd name them after him.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Vince, Wilf and Clinton. Luka is on his way, but needs to hang around for another few seasons at least.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:17 PM

Alfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dougie freedman this guy saved us and got us promoted some crucial goals
Old 09-05-2018, 06:30 PM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
AJ for me. My favourite time of supporting palace and I remember walking out of the gents at Bluewater with him when my phone rang, ring tone being his chant. He looked at me smiled to which I said yeah I'm palace and that is because of you. I then said the person ringing was a palace fan so AJ says let me answer to which he did
Old 09-05-2018, 06:47 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
I've got an older brother who took me to my first game at Selhurst Park when I was 5 in 1969...He was 16, my older sis was 14 so I obviously wasn't the planned child, as they liked to remind me in later years but he forever went on about his favourite ever Palace player - Vic Rouse. He put him above Byrne.
Wasnt Bryne shit for us in his second spell? It is certainly something I was told.

Back in the day when players could be found in pubs pre game, a very good mate of mine, as a very cocky 17 yr old, went up to Bryne, as he propped up the bar, and told him in no uncertain terms how shit he thought he was. They agreed to meet up for an exchange of views after the game via the medium of fists. My mate turned up. Bryne didnt.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Wasnt Bryne shit for us in his second spell? It is certainly something I was told.

Back in the day when players could be found in pubs pre game, a very good mate of mine, as a very cocky 17 yr old, went up to Bryne, as he propped up the bar, and told him in no uncertain terms how shit he thought he was. They agreed to meet up for an exchange of views after the game via the medium of fists. My mate turned up. Bryne didnt.
Don't know about Byrne's second spell but my big bruv was going up Selhurst as a little boy in '58 when he was 5 and he's always gone the f*ck on about Rouse since I can recall.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:54 PM
Banned by Moderators

Up to the point when it starts to f*ck one right off after about 3 decades on!!!
Old 09-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Vast slug.

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Clint.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:58 PM
Norwegian Eagle

Nor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ninja was my fav when i was a kid. Jedi and Wilf recent years.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Cheesy member

t_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Salako

Quote:
Everybody knows you're a dirty little Tart!
Old 09-05-2018, 09:35 PM
Someone who was

Eric the Ginga came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEric the Ginga came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEric the Ginga came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEric the Ginga came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEric the Ginga came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEric the Ginga came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEric the Ginga came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEric the Ginga came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEric the Ginga came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEric the Ginga came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEric the Ginga came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just for the fact that I always thought we might score when he had the ball, Ian Wright,
But having watched my first game on NYE 1966, there are plenty who run him close.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:36 PM

matt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Geoff Thomas. I remember feeling so happy when he was called up to the England squad as he was, to me, so much about what Palace is.

A bloke given a chance and him taking it.

And then the leukaemia happened and he only went up in my estimation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr-jtbpUtdU
Old 09-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Banned by Moderators

It'll always be Peter Taylor for me. I got his autograph so many times that in the end, he knew my name.
I loved him so much that I used to try and play like him at school...holding my sleeves in my hands and that.
I love Wilf but Peter Taylor was better to me. My older brother took me to the England game at Wembley against Hungary? where he would be the 1st 3rd division player to play for England. I think Greenwood brought him on for the last 5 minutes as a sub.

I cried like a little sissy girl when he was sold to Spurs.

My fave ever Palace player.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:49 PM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Aki
Old 09-05-2018, 10:03 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
It'll always be Peter Taylor for me. I got his autograph so many times that in the end, he knew my name.
I loved him so much that I used to try and play like him at school...holding my sleeves in my hands and that.
I love Wilf but Peter Taylor was better to me. My older brother took me to the England game at Wembley against Hungary? where he would be the 1st 3rd division player to play for England. I think Greenwood brought him on for the last 5 minutes as a sub.

I cried like a little sissy girl when he was sold to Spurs.

My fave ever Palace player.
Added to that, I dreaded it when Jordan made him our manager.
His stock was very high at the time with Hull City and The England U-21's but what worried me with him was that if he turned out to be a failure with us then the likes of my boys' generation would look down upon him and not be aware of his playing years with us like I was.

Turned out I was right. For once.