Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 09-05-2018, 10:43 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kenny Sansom
Old 09-05-2018, 10:48 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jerry Murphy
Old 09-05-2018, 10:55 PM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
Jerry Murphy for me too. Loved his floppy hair and languid style on the pitch
Old 09-05-2018, 11:37 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Wasnt Bryne shit for us in his second spell? It is certainly something I was told.

Back in the day when players could be found in pubs pre game, a very good mate of mine, as a very cocky 17 yr old, went up to Bryne, as he propped up the bar, and told him in no uncertain terms how shit he thought he was. They agreed to meet up for an exchange of views after the game via the medium of fists. My mate turned up. Bryne didnt.
Nope. Not as good as the original pre West Ham move, not the fittest, injuries had taken their toll and being a member of the Shammers drinking club had not done him many favours. However on his day he was still a class act.

Two games stick in the mind, home to Millwall in 67 we lost 2-1 but Budgie scored our goal and it was one of pure class, in fact Messi would have been proud of it had he netted.

Same season home to the Clowns, comfortable Palace win and it was totally down to Budgies performance. I clearly remember Brian Moore on the Big Match the next day waxing lyrically about J.B.'s chances of making the 1970 World Cup squad

In a pre 66 World Cup game at Wembley J.B. scored a hat trick as England destroyed a great Portugal side. Very sadly he missed the 66 World Cup squad due to injury. No doubt in my mind had JB been fit and in the squad he would have replaced Greaves and not Geoff Hurst., but that's fate. I always felt that the disappointment may well have been part of the reason he liked a drink or two.

No doubt in my mind he was the best English player to play for Palace and perhaps the best full stop.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 09-05-2018, 11:39 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Big Claude.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:41 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Personal Favourite Palace Player Ever

Dean Gordon was my first Palace hero, so I’m going with him.

Otherwise it’s Wilf.

Would have been Dougie if he hadn’t trampled all over the memories to get to the Bolton job and then grassed us up to Tan.

Wanker.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:45 PM
Banned by Moderators

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
David Tuttle.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:47 PM
Banned by Moderators

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie's army View Post
Dougie freedman this guy saved us and got us promoted some crucial goals
And then f*cked it up by being a massive twat with no loyalty.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:51 PM

Location: Was born in dulwich now live in Castleford , yorkshire
kirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Kenny sansom for me, best full back England has ever seen
Old 09-05-2018, 11:51 PM

Good Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
Aki
This
Old 09-05-2018, 11:57 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Dean Gordon was my first Palace hero, so I’m going with him.

Otherwise it’s Wilf.

Would have been Dougie if he hadn’t trampled all over the memories to get to the Bolton job and then grassed us up to Tan.

Wanker.
Damn right!

Regards Deano, I remember us walking up The Holmesdale Road a few years ago opposite The Clifton and the stewards letting him through while we were walking up beside his car. I said summat idiotic like 'don't let him through, he's Boro'
I was joking of course but he still had time to laugh with me.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:31 PM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kenny S the best defender we had, also liked Simon Rodger!
Old 10-05-2018, 08:45 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
It'll always be Peter Taylor for me. I got his autograph so many times that in the end, he knew my name.
I loved him so much that I used to try and play like him at school...holding my sleeves in my hands and that.
I love Wilf but Peter Taylor was better to me. My older brother took me to the England game at Wembley against Hungary? where he would be the 1st 3rd division player to play for England. I think Greenwood brought him on for the last 5 minutes as a sub.

I cried like a little sissy girl when he was sold to Spurs.

My fave ever Palace player.
Can I be pedantic here , you are wrong Peter Taylor was not the first third division player to play for England. That was let me see Johnny Bryne just before his move to West Ham.

Vic Rouse mentioned the first Fourth Division player capped...... Wales

Last edited by N Herts Eagle; 10-05-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:58 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
So many at different times.

Jack Lewis
Johnny Byrne
Bobby Kellard
Mel Blyth
Jimmy Cannon
Peter Taylor
Kevin Mabbut
Ian Wright
Wilf Zaha
Mrs Minchella
Rachid Harkouk
The FFFFlatterer
King Kenny.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:00 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Vince Hilaire, Alan Whittle and Peter Taylor
Plus Don!
Old 10-05-2018, 09:35 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Jedi/Wilf/Aki
Old 10-05-2018, 09:36 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
Can I be pedantic here , your wrong Peter Taylor was not the first third division player to play for England. That was let me see Johnny Bryne just before his move to West Ham.

Vic Rouse mentioned the first Fourth Division player capped...... Wales
Can I be pedantic here? It's you're.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:38 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Wilf.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 10-05-2018, 09:45 PM

68johnners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine68johnners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine68johnners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine68johnners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine68johnners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine68johnners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine68johnners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine68johnners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine68johnners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine68johnners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine68johnners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Don Rogers
Old 10-05-2018, 09:48 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Can I be pedantic here? It's you're.