Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 24-05-2018, 12:54 AM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
What sad news but what great memories he leaves us. His goals were vital that season especially as we lost Bobby Woodruff with a broken collar bone in the run in at the tail end of the season. His place in Palace history is assured as he scored the goal that put us up in the Fulham game. Roy Peskett describes it perfectly in his great book about Palace.

RIP Cliff and thank you for being part of one of our most loved teams.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 24-05-2018, 08:03 AM

selhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RIP Cliff. One of my dads favourites.
Old 24-05-2018, 03:06 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Very sad indeed. Just seen on club website. Bit before my time but very much par of our history. RIP Cliff
Old 24-05-2018, 05:01 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Probably not the place or time to post this, but just wanted to say how wonderful the ground looked in the background of this photo from the official site!

Old 24-05-2018, 08:31 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I was being sarcastic BTW!
Old 24-05-2018, 08:48 PM

herts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RIP Cliff Jackson. You were one of my early Palace heroes.
Old 24-05-2018, 09:04 PM

Bobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Very good player saw him play many times sad he’s passed RIP
Old 24-05-2018, 09:09 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I was being sarcastic BTW!
Obviously late close season 69 as they put the finishing touches to the Arfu' it was not fully completed for the opening game v Moan Utd but more than usable. Interesting to see Cliff has the old kit on in that photo as the 69/70 shirt had the gold trim.

Old 24-05-2018, 09:27 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
Obviously late close season 69 as they put the finishing touches to the Arfu' it was not fully completed for the opening game v Moan Utd but more than usable. Interesting to see Cliff has the old kit on in that photo as the 69/70 shirt had the gold trim.
Gold trim was 70/71.

Edit - I may be wrong there. Holmesdale.net has the the gold trim as 69/70. I was sure that it was the traditional sky blue collar that year. The team photo that year has a sky blue collar.

Last edited by Polak; 24-05-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Old 24-05-2018, 10:09 PM
The Spiky One

I'm with you Polak. 69/70 blue (as was 67.68 & 68/69), 70/71 gold.

71/72 was the Embassy No.6 kit.
Old 24-05-2018, 11:00 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
RIP Cliff condolences to his wife and family ,he served us well.
Old 25-05-2018, 12:59 AM

Ockleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
Gold trim was 70/71.

Edit - I may be wrong there. Holmesdale.net has the the gold trim as 69/70. I was sure that it was the traditional sky blue collar that year. The team photo that year has a sky blue collar.
1969/70 collar was yellow/gold not blue, team group for 1969/70 they were using kit from the previous season which was blue collar
Old 25-05-2018, 01:40 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian king View Post
Ian Ure mis-headed the ball to Cliff as he cleared another Man U attack(one of John Jackson's finest hours) and off he went. Alex Stepney brought him down in penalty area (long before red cards) and John Sewell's penalty kick was parried by Stepney back to John who scrambled it home. Please tell me if my memory is wrong here!
I only know what I can see from that video. Looks along the right lines.
Old 25-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RIP.
Old 25-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Sorry to read this.
Classy player.
RIP Cliff
Old 25-05-2018, 03:10 PM

Rocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RIP, and thanks for the memories
Old 25-05-2018, 04:22 PM
In a nutshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
Gold trim was 70/71.

Cliff left us at the end of 69/70 and on page one of this thread is a photo of him playing during the 69/70 season in a gold trim shirt.

I loved that kit first replica shirt I ever purchased, the only negative was no club badge just the club name. I always copied the rolled down wait band on the shorts for years after.

Have a great photo of him with the raised arm gladiator salute after he scored the winner v Fulham 49 years ago. Such a shame he will not be around next April. Hope the club have a special celebration at the home game nearest the anniversary with as many of the players who were in the squad that season there as possible.

It would be really fitting if we could qualify that same day for our first European season, a great way to mark what was one of our best ever seasons and to remember Cliff and the other lads who are no longer with us from that squad.

Old 27-05-2018, 12:14 AM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Have been asked by someone on behalf of Cliff's wife if she can use at the funeral, a poem I wrote about Cliff when we were made aware of his illness a number of years back. R.I.P Cliff
Old 27-05-2018, 12:19 AM

nibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is herenibalama Sam the man is here
Cliff is a CP legend.RIP
Old 27-05-2018, 12:24 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Have been asked by someone on behalf of Cliff's wife if she can use at the funeral, a poem I wrote about Cliff when we were made aware of his illness a number of years back. R.I.P Cliff
What a nice touch. Although unfortunate circumstances, I'm glad your work will be used. Kudos.