Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 27-05-2018, 04:22 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Did the Bright*n rivalry start here?

A fascinating video of the rivalry between Allison and Mullery. I love the reasonable way in which they argue, despite an evident dislike of each other, in sharp contrast as to how people nowadays almost always abandon objective argument in debates and resort to taking 'offense' and ad hominem attacks.

It's interesting here that we have two men who arguably fashioned a rivalry between two clubs that had little erstwhile reason to exist and yet grows every year...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-05-2018, 04:29 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It was simmering but Mullery's throwing money on the ground and saying 'i wouldn't give you that for Palace' sealed the deal. 1975. Following five seasons parts of hell broke loose when we met to underpin the future disdain.
Old 27-05-2018, 04:39 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Venables fortified the rivalry as he hated Scummery too. He always thought he deserved the Spurs captaincy before that c*nt.

One of the worst days in my Palace supporting history was hearing the announcement on Capital Radio in '82 that that scumbag was appointed our manager.
I knew some who refused to go up Selhurst til he got the sack.
Older people always reminisce about where they were when Kennedy was shot or when Armstrong walked on the moon.
Well I remember where I was when that c*nt was named our boss.

Anyone thinking the poor start to the season just finished were the bad times weren't about when Noades made Mullery our manager.
He's a total snidey looking c*nt.
Old 27-05-2018, 04:42 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oh and just for good measure... ****!

Last edited by Slimbloke'H'; 28-05-2018 at 01:29 AM.
Old 27-05-2018, 04:45 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
I have always thought it was ironic that a feud between two of our most despised former managers was responsible for fuelling the rivalry between us and Brighton.
Old 27-05-2018, 04:48 PM
Banned by Moderators

He used to make appearances on SSN in the early noughties and my boy used to remark about how I used to grind my teeth when he was on screen.

I never realised I was doing it!
Old 27-05-2018, 06:10 PM
selhurst massive

eagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
He used to make appearances on SSN in the early noughties and my boy used to remark about how I used to grind my teeth when he was on screen.

I never realised I was doing it!
Getting a sense you're not to keen on him , just a feeling I have
Old 27-05-2018, 06:15 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle69 View Post
Getting a sense you're not to keen on him , just a feeling I have
I'll hate him til the day he dies. Or the day I die.

Whichever comes first.
Old 27-05-2018, 06:26 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
The only thing M*ll*ry was famous for was being the first player ever to be sent off playing for England. 5th June 1968.

Old 27-05-2018, 06:29 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Would love to see that sort of show these days.

“So Garth, you think Wilf is a diver.”

“Perhaps you’d like to explain your view to him.....”

Cricket wanker.
Old 27-05-2018, 06:39 PM

Lee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is here
Quote:
Venables fortified the rivalry as he hated Scummery too. He always thought he deserved the Spurs captaincy before that c*nt.

One of the worst days in my Palace supporting history was hearing the announcement on Capital Radio in '82 that that scumbag was appointed our manager.
I knew some who refused to go up Selhurst til he got the sack.
Older people always reminisce about where they were when Kennedy was shot or when Armstrong walked on the moon.
Well I remember where I was when that c*nt was named our boss.

Anyone thinking the poor start to the season just finished were the bad times weren't about when Noades made Mullery our manager.
He's a total snidey looking c*nt.
So do I take it that you don’t like him then? We’ll the only person I have hated more than him in my 50 years as a supporter is that ABSOLUTE C**T NOADES
Old 27-05-2018, 06:51 PM

Lee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
I have always thought it was ironic that a feud between two of our most despised former managers was responsible for fuelling the rivalry between us and Brighton.
Big Mal despised you are seriously joking at hope. He is an icon some of the most memorable moments in our history
Old 27-05-2018, 06:57 PM

M3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is here
Pretty sure he meant Vegetables.
Old 27-05-2018, 06:58 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee sinnots ear View Post
Big Mal despised you are seriously joking at hope. He is an icon some of the most memorable moments in our history
I think he's talking about Venables rather than Allison.
Old 27-05-2018, 06:59 PM

Rocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
So do I take it that you don’t like him then? We’ll the only person I have hated more than him in my 50 years as a supporter is that ABSOLUTE C**T NOADES
My main reason for hating Noades was that he appointed Mullery.

I was one of the ones who stopped going, which was hard to do at the time. Came back as soon as the young lad Coppell turned up
Old 27-05-2018, 08:05 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eagle View Post
Pretty sure he meant Vegetables.

Quote:
I think he's talking about Venables rather than Allison.

Sorry, I should have made myself clear. Yes, I meant Venables and Mullery.
Old 27-05-2018, 08:26 PM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It was hilarious at spurs In The cup a couple of years ago...the wanker came on at half time.....he got absolute dogs abuse.
Old 27-05-2018, 10:33 PM

M3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is here
Old 27-05-2018, 10:35 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Depending on who you talk too, many older fans feel the rivalry kicked off following a pre-season friendly at Brighton in 1973, plenty of stories of incidents before, during and after the match, this was Malcolm Allison’s first full season in charge at Palace (he had been appointed in March 1973) and we were relegated to Division Two - Brighton were still in the Third Division at the time of this ‘friendly’ - when their manager was the aptly named Pat Seaweed, later that season, Brian Clough took over, briefly, quiting in the summer of 1974 to take over at Leeds, by which time Palace had a second straight relegation to join Brighton in Division Three - Clough’s assistant Peter Taylor ( no relation to the Palace winger ) was in charge until they appointed Muggery in the summer of 1976, by which time Big Mal had resigned and Venereals had taken over as Palace boss.

The rivalry certainly took a quantum leap during the 1976/77 season, as there were two league matches and an FA Cup tie that lasted three games, with major clashes at all 5 games.

However, many older fans feel the rivalry was already started around three years before Mullery became the Weeds boss.
Old 28-05-2018, 07:51 AM
Old School Palace

Pistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eagle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Can you imagine the sky commentators making some reference to South Londoners enjoying their day out - cut to a 40 year old in full Palace kit dribbling whilst a mexican wave flies past.
http://www.fishfight.net
http://www.fsf.org.uk/

ST Holder:Block D: Lower Homesdale