Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 18-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cad View Post
We wore Sheffield Utd’s away kit at Bramall Lane in 1978(?). Even more strange, Shrewsbury wore a Wolves away kit when they visited Selhurst, sometime in the 80s.
There was a picture in the programme with Spider wesring the kit.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 18-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Didn't we have to make an emergency kit out of white training tops for the first game of 2007-08 (away at Southampton) because there was too much red on the actual white striped so it would have clashed?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 18-08-2018, 02:14 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm sure Swansea wore our away kit in 80/81 at Selhurst. As an 7 year old it confused me who was playing who!
Old 25-08-2018, 10:03 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I'm sure I remember Grimsby having to wear our kit once at SP, around 76 or 77? I also think the highlights were on The Big Match on the Sunday.
Yes, here

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 26-08-2018, 12:55 AM

SparkyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSparkyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSparkyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSparkyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSparkyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSparkyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSparkyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSparkyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSparkyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSparkyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSparkyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
I think Birmingham won that game 2-0 ? and actually outplayed us
I think Steve Bruce was injured for that game with a broken eye socket?

The things you remember..
Old 26-08-2018, 09:18 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I'm sure I remember Grimsby having to wear our kit once at SP, around 76 or 77? I also think the highlights were on The Big Match on the Sunday.
Yes remember it, we won 3-0. We were in sash kit and they wore red and blue
Old 26-08-2018, 09:23 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyEagle View Post
I think Steve Bruce was injured for that game with a broken eye socket?

The things you remember..
Happy days.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 26-08-2018, 06:42 PM
PALACE FAN SINCE `62

tamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was at Manchester City away at Maine Road in October 1966.
We were playing in light blue shirts with thin claret stripes and white shorts in those days. Both teams came out of the tunnel at ten to three and stood there looking at each other. The ref sent city back to change into their away strip of all maroon.
Old 27-08-2018, 11:49 PM
Die adler

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Didn't we have to make an emergency kit out of white training tops for the first game of 2007-08 (away at Southampton) because there was too much red on the actual white striped so it would have clashed?
We ended up playing in that white kit many times. Anoying as I bought the actual away kit. We even played in it at Bristol City on the play offs.
Old 28-08-2018, 08:27 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
We ended up playing in that white kit many times. Anoying as I bought the actual away kit. We even played in it at Bristol City on the play offs.
Same here.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 09-11-2018, 05:33 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Here's a post with a photo of the aforementioned Palace in the Sheffield United kit:

Old 10-11-2018, 02:13 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
Yes, here

Now that's what I call a football pitch!

Jose Mourinho would have a coronary!
Old 11-11-2018, 04:10 PM
Dub

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Grimsby wore our away shirt in a game at SP in around 1977 I think. Ended 3-3
Old 11-11-2018, 07:36 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
3-0 to us
Old 11-11-2018, 08:35 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
3-0 to us
If it was this game, it says it was 2-1 to us in this early post with video of the game.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:38 PM
Dub

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think it was 2-1 I was thinking of another game
Old 11-11-2018, 09:03 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
I think it was 2-1 I was thinking of another game
Might you be thinking of the Swindon game that ended 3-3 from about that time?

Old 11-11-2018, 09:45 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fella View Post
I'm sure Swansea wore our away kit in 80/81 at Selhurst. As an 7 year old it confused me who was playing who!
We didn't play them that season. I remember the game though and it was at the end of the season. Looked up matches against Swansea and it would have been in May of the 83/84 season. We won 2-0 in front of just over 5,000. I think that they played in our light blue sash away kit maybe with their own black shorts?
Old 11-11-2018, 09:47 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian king View Post
Grimsby was 15th Jan 1977.

Regarding Barnsley there was a story going round that the Tykes had to purchase our away strip from the club shop.
Yep, Barnsley did have to pay for it because they had to have the players' names put on the back therefore they could not be re-sold. So the story goes.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:13 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Grimsby wore our away shirt in a game at SP in around 1977 I think.
Yep - see post 15 and a few subsequent replies.