Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 16-10-2002, 08:12 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Daily Palace Quiz Question

Today's question for a bit of fun .....

Who was the first player to be capped at International level for Palace ?

Whom did he represent, who did they play, and what was the score.
Old 16-10-2002, 08:19 PM
Play - Squeeze

leekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Was it a bloke called Davis for Wales in 1910 or something?
I can't remember the exact details, but this may jog a few memories for the rest of the details.
Old 16-10-2002, 08:26 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Anderson J.T V France 4:1
Old 16-10-2002, 08:35 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
I thought it was Alderson?
Old 16-10-2002, 08:42 PM
jó csávó

Pistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePistike : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What was yesterdays question?
Old 16-10-2002, 08:56 PM
Play - Squeeze

leekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I'm sure that Alderton was the first ENGLISH international, but I'm sure we had a Welsh one before him. I could be wrong though.
Old 16-10-2002, 09:08 PM

arussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by leekent1
Was it a bloke called Davis for Wales in 1910 or something?
I can't remember the exact details, but this may jog a few memories for the rest of the details.
Well done that man - you've got the surname ALMOST right.

Anyone else care to fill in the rest of the details ?
Old 16-10-2002, 09:12 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Bill Davies v Ireland?
Old 16-10-2002, 09:19 PM
Play - Squeeze

Quote:
Originally posted by arussell
Well done that man - you've got the surname ALMOST right.

Anyone else care to fill in the rest of the details ?
It just occurred to me that if he was Welsh his name must have been Davies.
Old 16-10-2002, 10:12 PM

You've got the name but not the opposition Brett.

Spot on Leek ...
Old 16-10-2002, 10:20 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
scotland. 2-1 to the sweaties.
Old 16-10-2002, 10:40 PM

Yup.

Date anyone ?

Another tomorrow hopefully
Old 17-10-2002, 05:13 PM

No-one willing to finish the details off then ....?

Today's question:

Who was the first Palace defender to score a hat trick for the club ?

Against who, and when ???
Old 17-10-2002, 05:15 PM

Gooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is here
Does it have anything to do with tennis shorts?
Old 17-10-2002, 05:25 PM
GET A WADDLE ON!

Barney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Although I am getting old now and the memory is going, didn't Dean Gordon score a hattrick from left back at Stoke in 1994ish........
Old 17-10-2002, 05:28 PM

markholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proud

Last edited by markholmes1991; 23-09-2023 at 05:01 PM.
Old 17-10-2002, 05:29 PM

Gooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is here
I think you have it - I think Deano's was the first, and last.
Old 17-10-2002, 05:37 PM
Play - Squeeze

I like Palace quizzes.....

I remember Ian Evans scoring three against Chester on a warm August day in (I think) 1975.
Old 17-10-2002, 05:41 PM
Play - Squeeze

Quote:
Originally posted by arussell
No-one willing to finish the details off then ....?

I have looked the details up and they are:

W.C.Davies
Wales v Scotland
7th March 1908
At Dundee
Scotland 2 Wales 1

Hope that puts that one to bed.
Old 17-10-2002, 05:59 PM

Stumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basis
Oh Barney Gumble what a hero you are.
I wish i was like you