Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 17-10-2002, 08:52 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Congratulations AJ and thanks for the additional stats ....

George Clarke (Palace career 1925-1933 is indeed the answer).

Your point about the position being a bit flexible is also correct (more so in those days).

George was primarily a winger (also called outside left in those days) and contributed 106 goals in 299 games.

Another wonderful Palace player from the past

I'll give you all a rest now until tomorrow .....
Old 17-10-2002, 09:23 PM

Bobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by AJ

But, I think the answere AR is looking for is George Clark, who scored 105 from the outside-right position back in the 20's.
Definately before my time.

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old 17-10-2002, 09:37 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by arussell
Congratulations AJ and thanks for the additional stats ....

George Clarke (Palace career 1925-1933 is indeed the answer).

Your point about the position being a bit flexible is also correct (more so in those days).

George was primarily a winger (also called outside left in those days) and contributed 106 goals in 299 games.

Another wonderful Palace player from the past

I'll give you all a rest now until tomorrow .....
Not sure which one he is, but, he's probably among this group from 1925/26

Does anyone know what the Manager Edmond Goodman didn't have?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sq2526.jpg (20.4 KB, 253 views)

Last edited by AJ; 17-10-2002 at 09:40 PM.
Old 17-10-2002, 09:52 PM
GET A WADDLE ON!

Barney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally posted by AJ

Dress sense
Old 17-10-2002, 09:52 PM
Wash n' gone

Thin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by AJ

A clue ?
Old 17-10-2002, 11:15 PM
Fading into memory.

E.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
One of his legs.
Not sure which one mind.
Old 18-10-2002, 12:00 AM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by E.X Moontoad
One of his legs.
Not sure which one mind.

Yep, that's it. His whole story is somewhat interesting. He was a good player, then lost a leg, then moved into coaching/management at Aston Villa and then joined Palace. I think, although, not sure, that he may have got Palace's first shirt(from Villa), hence the similarity between Villa and Palace's shirts in the old days(claret and blue).
Old 18-10-2002, 02:43 AM
Play - Squeeze

leekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally posted by Thin on Top
A clue ?
You're getting him confused with Trev.

sorry, couldn't resist it!
Old 18-10-2002, 03:20 AM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Barney Gumble

I still wanna know if Dean Gordon scored a hat trick away to Stoke. Do you recall this Stumps. I am sure one was a pen, one was a free kick, and one was a thump in the top left.

God knows what game you're talking about but I wish I was there. I can't believe what an amusing thread this has turned into. Good stuff.

What's going on? Normally nobody bothers with Memory Lane from week to week!!!

I look forward to the next question.
Old 18-10-2002, 03:42 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by AJ

George Clarke is second from the right, second row down.

Edmund Goodman is on the far right, thrid row down; he retired in 1927. (And yes, he did bring the claret and blues shirt from Villa.)

Also in the pic is Roy McCracken, fourth from the left, top row, who I think was Palace's first international player (for Northern Ireland).
Old 18-10-2002, 03:48 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Grim Reaper

It was a good season for Palace.

I scored seven goals that season.

All away from home.

Who am I?
Old 18-10-2002, 05:26 AM

PJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
It was a good season for Palace. I scored seven goals that season. All away from home. Who am I?
I'm Tony Evans.

OK ... who's the last (perhaps only) player to appear for Palace as an on-loan player who had previously played for Palace but been sold.
Old 18-10-2002, 05:28 AM
Fading into memory.

E.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by PJ
I'm Tony Evans.

OK ... who's the last (perhaps only) player to appear for Palace as an on-loan player who had previously played for Palace but been sold.
Mel Blyth?
Old 18-10-2002, 06:46 AM

arussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
What's going on? Normally nobody bothers with Memory Lane from week to week!!!

I'm in Palace research/reading/writing mode at the moment.

Already have tomorrrow AM's question sorted
Old 18-10-2002, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Mel Blyth?
Correct
Old 18-10-2002, 06:54 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Damn... I knew that one! You beat me to it.
Old 18-10-2002, 03:29 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mel Blyth?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct
Sorry Alan, I think you'll find it's Peter Nicholas.
Old 18-10-2002, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
Sorry Alan, I think you'll find it's Peter Nicholas.
Not according to Nigel Sands it's not !

Today's question .....

Who scored the fastest ever Palace hat trick ?

Against who - and when ?
Old 18-10-2002, 05:08 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not according to Nigel Sands it's not !
Nicholas returned from Arsenal , initially on loan, in 1983. I remember, I was there!
Old 18-10-2002, 05:43 PM

Blyth came back to the club on loan from Millwall in 1977/78. It looks as though Nicholas came back very briefly on loan before he signed for Palace (doesn't look like there was a fee).

Anyone have today's answer then ?