Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 18-10-2002, 06:13 PM

Bobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by arussell
Blyth came back to the club on loan from Millwall in 1977/78. It looks as though Nicholas came back very briefly on loan before he signed for Palace (doesn't look like there was a fee).

Anyone have today's answer then ?
Ian Wright?

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old 18-10-2002, 06:31 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nope .....
Old 18-10-2002, 06:38 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not according to Nigel Sands it's not !

Today's question .....

Who scored the fastest ever Palace hat trick ?

Against who - and when ?
Dougie Grimsby 96? at home?
Dyer Brum 95/6?
Gordon WBA away 95/6?
Dougie Wolves 95/6?
Old 18-10-2002, 06:43 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Off the top of my head, fastest hat-trick - Peter Simpson?
Old 18-10-2002, 07:22 PM

arussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Dougie Freedman is correct ! - the 5-0 home win over Grimsby (where we were five goals up and half time and I can remember thinking "I bet we don't score any more now" !)

I'll leave you until Monday for the next one (unless you're all sitting there hanging on for it ? )
Old 18-10-2002, 07:45 PM
GET A WADDLE ON!

Barney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I'm hanging.......i'm hanging....was it Dean Gordon and Stoke.......one a pen one a free kick.....................

I'll get me coat
Old 18-10-2002, 08:47 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Off the top of my head, fastest hat-trick - Peter Simpson?
Peter Simpson. Now that's a player I wish was in the reserves today. He was not even selected for the first team of the 1929/30 season until the 5th game, when another player was injured. He certainly made his mark with a hattrick. He went on to score 36 goals that season in only 34 games. In the following season's he just kept on scoring, including the record 46 league goals in one season. Incidently, that same season he also scored 8 cup goals, 6 in one match, so, he ended the season on 54 goals.
His record of 166 league goals in 195 games has been untouchable by any other Palace player. To put in in comparison Ian Wright scored 92 league goals in 229 appearances.

Maybe this Gareth Williams chap can be half as good as Simpson and we will be just as happy.
Old 18-10-2002, 08:53 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
Nicholas returned from Arsenal , initially on loan, in 1983. I remember, I was there!
This is correct. Nicholas did initially re-join Palace on loan in 1983. This is fact.

So, the CORRECT answer is Peter Nicholas.
Old 18-10-2002, 11:19 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Dougie Freedman is correct
Old 19-10-2002, 01:35 AM
Bloody Romans!

the_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe_next_matt_jansen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by AJ
Peter Simpson
The man's a legend. I put him in my All Time Palace XI team last year. Whatever happened to that competition by the way? I cant even remember what the prize was!
Old 19-10-2002, 01:42 AM

PJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
When I asked the loan question, I was thinking of Mel Blyth. I guess Peter Nicholas is technically the correct answer but his 'on-loan' status was just a technicality prior to re-signing for Palace. Blyth returned (to Southampton I thought) after his loan period expired whereas Peter Nicholas obviously didn't.

Another question; when was the last time that Palace had to play away from home, wearing the oppositions away kit because the referee thought that our kit clashed. (Like my last question, the answer I have in mind might not be the definitive answer).
Old 19-10-2002, 08:30 PM
Play - Squeeze

leekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsleekent1 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I remember having to wear Sheffield United's away kit at Bramhall Lane, but that was many years ago. It was yellow.
Old 21-10-2002, 12:44 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yeah that was 1977 lee, I can't think of any times since.

On the flip side, I do remember Sheff U (Dec 1987?) having to change at half time into our yellow away kit at Selhurst after George Wood complained and Birmingham winning in the unlucky yellow adidas number in 1997.
Old 21-10-2002, 07:16 AM

Nice and early today

Monday AM's question is:

Which Palace player has won the most under-21 caps ?
Old 21-10-2002, 07:17 AM

Nice and early today

Monday AM's question is:

Which Palace player has won the most under-21 caps ?
Old 21-10-2002, 03:22 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Vince Hilaire?
Old 21-10-2002, 03:22 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Vince Hilaire?
Old 21-10-2002, 03:23 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Vince Hilaire?
Old 21-10-2002, 03:23 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Vince Hilaire?
Old 21-10-2002, 04:09 PM
praying for 3 more points

dicky_boy is playing for a contract
P.Nicholas or K.Sansom????

Haven't got a clue just a guess.