Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 31-12-2002, 11:11 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Nostalgic Photo’s etc.

Not sure if anyone is going to be interested, but I got a scanner for Christmas, and I have a big box full of Palace scrapbooks/programmes/newspaper cuttings etc. It seems I might have some stuff that might stir the memories here.
In the words of Trolley “I am a technical desert” or words to that effect, so it’s going to take me a while to get things sized to fit the screen through the scanner. So far I have made myself a avatar of the old Palace logo (off of the old 4” square programmes), that seemed to work, and I have cropped and pasted the team picture from the 69-70 season below (it was too big to fit on the scanner, so combined two scans – spot the join!).
I have the player’s names on a separate piece of paper, and can post them later if anyone is wondering who is who.
So let me know if there is more you would like to see, I’ll see what I can come up with. Or you can just ignore it, and I’ll go away.
Here goes……
Old 31-12-2002, 11:27 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I'll try this again.
Old 31-12-2002, 11:33 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
I'll try this again.
Last time, then I give up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whole team.jpg (165.3 KB, 2875 views)
Old 31-12-2002, 11:34 PM
The Spiky One

Who said size didn't matter!
Old 31-12-2002, 11:37 PM
odious little scroat

Location: Turning the streets of Wallington into a Red N Blue paradise
c_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Is the manager of the side on the picture a certain Bert Head?

You can now buy those exact tops made by toff's for £9.99 in First Sport Croydon, I brought the classic red n blue one for £9.99/

If they've suffered a bit of distress this weekend... good.

Please allow decent Palace fans like c_block_lad his moment of happiness. He's living on the front line, and doing a marvellous job.

Keep the striped flag flying high.
Old 31-12-2002, 11:40 PM
odious little scroat

c_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkc_block_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
I also believe that the then glaziers as they were known, wore claret and blue because of the men that started CPFC as we know it came from Aston Villa.

Please allow decent Palace fans like c_block_lad his moment of happiness. He's living on the front line, and doing a marvellous job.

Old 31-12-2002, 11:41 PM
odious little scroat

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 31-12-2002, 11:48 PM
Fading into memory.

E.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by c_block_lad

You can now buy those exact tops made by toff's for £9.99 in First Sport Croydon, I brought the classic red n blue one for £9.99/
In their sale, I assume?
They usually cost well over £30
Old 31-12-2002, 11:52 PM
Fading into memory.

E.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
BTW, great pic Hedgehog - many thanks.
CBL - the manager is indeed the late great Bert Head.
Old 01-01-2003, 12:03 AM
The Spiky One

Can you spot Steve Kember? As you said C_block_lad, that is Bert Head, and I read somewhere he never took the suit off, and never got involved in the training. I guess that is how it was "In them days."
Old 01-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Seen it all before

aquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Oh dear I am getting very old indeed. I can name 12 of them including the reserve keeper. See Gerry Queen in the front, and big John Mc and Roger Hynd at the back... I would like to say happy days, but I remember this lot getting hammered by Chelsea 5-1 the first time i ever went to S.P!
Old 01-01-2003, 12:57 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Yes, wonderful stuff. Old farts like me remember them all.

Other old farts will remember singing about Roger Hoy - on the right of Bert Head - "He's here, he's there, he's every f***ing where, Roger Hoy...." over and over. David Payne, a real palace old boy, is on Roger's right, then Tony Taylor, then Steve Kember, etc etc.

Well done Hedgehog
Old 01-01-2003, 01:04 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally posted by aquilla
Oh dear I am getting very old indeed. I can name 12 of them including the reserve keeper.
And the reserve keeper was who?
Old 01-01-2003, 01:10 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Was it Phil Hammond ...or some thing like that ?
Those were the days.....put my shades on my friend
Old 01-01-2003, 01:17 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Left to right:

Back row: Thorup, Blyth, Jackson John, Hynd, Parsons, McCormick, Woodruff

Middle row: George Petchey, Jackson Cliff, Taylor Colin, Kember, Taylor Colin, Payne, Hoy, Bert Head

Front row: Queen, Sewell, Lazarus
Old 01-01-2003, 02:32 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Left to right:

Back row: Thorup, Blyth, Jackson John, Hynd, Parsons, McCormick, Woodruff

Middle row: George Petchey, Jackson Cliff, Taylor Colin, Kember, Taylor Colin, Payne, Hoy, Bert Head

Front row: Queen, Sewell, Lazarus
Correct Sir! (I'll forgive you the two Colin Taylors - 2nd one is Tony, but I know you know that)
Old 01-01-2003, 11:23 AM
odious little scroat

All Sport have all Toff's Retro shirts on sale for £9.99.

Thread on it here: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 01-01-2003, 01:41 PM
Seen it all before

aquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
And the reserve keeper was who?
Frank Parsons?
Old 01-01-2003, 01:44 PM
Golden Oldie

Quote:
Correct Sir! (I'll forgive you the two Colin Taylors - 2nd one is Tony, but I know you know that)
Must have been the drink
Old 01-01-2003, 04:42 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally posted by aquilla
Frank Parsons?
Correct. I seem to remember he had a brother who played in goal for Palace also.