Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 04-01-2003, 07:45 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Today, talking of fully functioning livers.
Can anyone spot the mistake in the write up in the top right corner?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg george best.jpg (276.6 KB, 629 views)

Last edited by Hedgehog; 04-01-2003 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:32 PM
bloody old fool

RtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Is the mistake either;
a) The photo has been digitally remastered to show daylight between Jimmy Scotts knees. He was the most knock kneed player in world football history................or
b) Peter Wall has transformed into Phil Hoadley.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:06 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks Hedgehog, you have brought back some fond memories.
I was looking at "We all follow the Palace" prior to the game this morning and it opened at page 91 with one of the shirts I use to have from the 60's, look at the size of the crowd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scanned picture 1.jpg (32.8 KB, 634 views)
Old 04-01-2003, 10:31 PM
Landlord

Son of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I got that shirt for Christmas !

And I could out play Bestie ANY DAY !!! (now)
Old 04-01-2003, 10:34 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by RtS
Is the mistake either;
a) The photo has been digitally remastered to show daylight between Jimmy Scotts knees. He was the most knock kneed player in world football history................or
b) Peter Wall has transformed into Phil Hoadley.
Yep, you got it, b) is correct, but a) sounds good too!
BTW, has everybody elses screen only show links to attachments now, rather than the real picture?
I guess it is to save space or download time. Thank you for doing that Mr. Moderator. Like I've said, I'm flying by the seat of my pants here, I really don't know what I'm doing, but getting the hang of it slowly.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:36 PM
The Spiky One

I'm going nuts, the pictures are back!!!!!
Old 04-01-2003, 10:43 PM
Sergeant Magi

Phil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPhil O'Sophical was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
The third Palace player in the picture looks like Bobby Tambling who scored with Jim Scott in that famous 2-0 victory away to Inter Milan in the Anglo Italian Cup around that time. If I've remembered that correctly we were the first foreign club to win any game there for years
Old 04-01-2003, 11:08 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
It's Willie wallace
Old 05-01-2003, 12:50 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
It's Willie wallace
What is?
Old 05-01-2003, 01:10 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
What is?
He's the third player - its not Bobby Tambling. Willie joined from Celtic with Yogi Hughes.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:22 AM
The Spiky One

It says in the corner it's Bobby Tambling, looks like Bobby Tambling, and in the Willy Wallace/John Hughes era, we wore the white shirts with Claret and Blue Stripes down the front. (I think, because I've never known you make a mistake yet ROB)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg john hughes.jpg (299.0 KB, 494 views)
Old 05-01-2003, 01:26 AM
The Spiky One

How about these two Chelsea rejects? I think Alan Birchenall was our first ever 100,000 pound player, with Tambling thrown in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chelsea rejects.jpg (301.0 KB, 485 views)

Last edited by Hedgehog; 05-01-2003 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:00 AM
Golden Oldie

Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
It says in the corner it's Bobby Tambling, looks like Bobby Tambling, and in the Willy Wallace/John Hughes era, we wore the white shirts with Claret and Blue Stripes down the front. (I think, because I've never known you make a mistake yet ROB)
First time for everything

You're right about the strip - pre-dates WW/JW. Big mistake

Last edited by Ruskin Old Boy; 05-01-2003 at 02:14 AM.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:16 AM
The Spiky One

I’m going to post these last two pictures as I had already scanned them in, and then call it a day.

Been a bit disappointed there has not been more response from some of the older members on here. Not that I think this is anything special, it’s just that I thought they might have stirred up some old memories. I guess not. Or perhaps it’s like the other thread about 30 years ago and Howard Wilkinson, maybe we should just move on.
Both photo’s are courtesy of the wonderful “There and Back Again” booklet, produced to celebrate the return to the top flight 10 years after being there for the first time. (Hope I’m not infringing on anyone’s copyright here)

First one is in the dressing room after beating Sunderland in the ’76 FA Cup. Notice Peter Wall smoking! Never noticed that before. How many players would be doing that today?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sunderland.jpg (99.2 KB, 477 views)

Last edited by Hedgehog; 08-01-2003 at 03:19 AM.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:22 AM
Banned by Moderators

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
some great pictures here, ta to all that posted
Old 08-01-2003, 03:25 AM
The Spiky One

And lastly the ’79/’80 preseason photo, better know as the “Team of the Eighties” (Oh dear, what went wrong? )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 79-80 team.jpg (215.2 KB, 454 views)

Last edited by Hedgehog; 08-01-2003 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:30 AM

Skid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Gotta love to the two 's
Old 08-01-2003, 04:38 AM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Seems like only yesterday

You really know how to make someone feel .........................
Old 08-01-2003, 05:45 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally posted by Skid Row
Gotta love to the two 's
Can you name the guy on the bottom row, 1st on the left with the I'm blanking out, and can't be arsed to get the book out again (It's back in storage).
Old 08-01-2003, 06:51 AM
The Spiky One

It's coming back slowly....... Something Sealy?