Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 03-04-2003, 12:19 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace Stickers, Bubblegum & Ciggie Cards

C'mon own up there must be a few other collectors out there...

Having not learned the lessons of my childhood, I'm back on the hunt for Palace stickers again. And its costing me a bloody fortune all over again!

However I'm now trying to figure out whether I've got the set of certain cards and stickers.

If there are any serious collectors out there who give me a hand identifying missing items, I would be very grateful. Also I've accumulated quite a few swops so might be able to help you plug gaps...

We can do this by pm, so save boring the crap out of the board.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:20 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anorak
Old 03-04-2003, 01:28 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Takes one to know one...
Old 03-04-2003, 01:40 PM

Axie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Ahem without wanting to sound anorakish. I have a few. I'll try and get a list to you by PM Neil.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:26 PM
South London VfB

Cheers Axie.

I saw you bid for a rare set of 1949 cards on ebay the other week. I didn't realise quite how rare they were at the time.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:29 PM
CPFC season ticket holder

David hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
I have quite a lot, I'll post them later!
Old 07-04-2003, 10:46 AM

Axie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
I'm still trying to collate the ones I've got but I should have them finished in a couple of days.

Those 1949 ones were actually published in the early 80's. Slightly disappointing, a couple of them although showing Palace players are actually cards from other clubs with that club name crossed out, although the actual Palace ones are good. I've had a word.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:52 AM
Midnight in Brizvegas

Location: And remember, a shiny new donkey for whoever brings me the head of colonel Montoya
Lenny is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansLenny is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansLenny is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansLenny is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansLenny is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansLenny is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansLenny is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansLenny is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansLenny is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansLenny is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansLenny is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans
Football cards? Ring binders? Young boys doing swaps in the playground at breaktime. Marvellous, isn't it?
Old 08-04-2003, 07:33 AM

Bobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
About six months ago I aquired a Palace set of 1969-70, unfortunatly there was one sticker missing, Tony Taylor, does anyone out there have a double or possibly copy it for me? I've got it framed on the wall, and it looks a little odd with a gap in it, fingers crossed!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:45 AM
South London VfB

What set is it from Bobby? FKS or AB & C, if you can scan another from the same collection I'll try and identify it.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:05 PM

Bobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hi Neil, hopefully you'll be able to identify what sticker it is from the picture:-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg david payne.jpg (17.5 KB, 709 views)
Old 13-04-2003, 01:19 PM
South London VfB

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Dandruff
Hi Neil, hopefully you'll be able to identify what sticker it is from the picture:-
Ahh, Wonderful World of Soccer Stars FKS 1969/70. Sadly I only have a poor scan of the Tony Taylor one from this set, but have pm'd you with a possible source.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tonytaylor.jpg (30.7 KB, 624 views)
Old 13-04-2003, 03:14 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I had a few early 90's cards. Can't remember who made them. Used to love them. Pro something I think the company was. Then they brought out shooting stars, another fine set of cards. Also got complete Palace sets of Premier League stickers. Loved it. Oh the days of being young(er). Always remember Merlin Premier League 95, the hardest shiny sticker to get seemed to be Palace home kit Eventually got it though .
Old 13-04-2003, 04:44 PM

David hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
Pro set were the company.
Old 14-04-2003, 04:44 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Here's some old cards from 'The Sun'. Some Palace, some Palace related.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg palace cards.jpg (208.1 KB, 679 views)

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 14-04-2003, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
Here's some old cards from 'The Sun'. Some Palace, some Palace related.
They look a nice set. I believe some of these are for sale on eBay, I might have a bid!
Old 14-04-2003, 06:17 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
I've just noticed that Ian Edwards looks like nutter even in a drawing.
Why is Paul Brush so BIG?
Why is my scanner so sh!t?
Steve Perrin looks like Peter Bonitti......!

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 14-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Something About Airplanes

Batsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS Murray
I have the complete Palace team of the Pro set series
Old 28-04-2003, 12:23 PM
South London VfB

Well, well, well - thanks to all who have pm'd me with lists, dealer contacts and advice.

We've concocted a list of well over 500 cards/stickers issued, with probably another 100 or so still to track down!

Anyone who wants a copy of the list (in Excel Spreadsheet format) please pm me with your e-mail addy, especially if you think you can help to fill in the gaps.
Old 28-04-2003, 02:20 PM
South London VfB

I've even cleared my pm box now!