Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 19-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
It's a tough one. I've lost count of the number of "JS Collectibles" cards I've got over the last few months, all glorifying players I've never heard of, some of whom have made about 1 appearance. The quality (b/w pics) is nothing to get excited about either, and at £1 a card, I am questioning if I want to buy any more of them.
However do they fit my criteria? Well they are not like cig or trade cards in that they were not "given away" with anything, and there is not even the "random contents in packets" element that made collecting Panini etc and swopping them so much fun as a kid. They are purely being done to be sold to club obsessed junkies like me an you.
However if you ignore them on that basis, you have to do the same for that fantastic set of 20 Palace caricatures done by Phillip Neill.
So sadly yes, I'd list them.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 19-11-2003, 04:53 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Your council is noted.

My big dilemma is that these are really just re-issued, touched up photographs rather than a proper collection, however the bloke flogging 'em might choose to describe them.

It also opens up a big can of worms with the autograph cards printed each year from 2001 by the club and also the Supporters Club photos from the 1950's.

The caricatures and the likes of Matchday, Lychgate etc. were produced to specifically to resemble trading cards, whatever their method of distribution.

My god, I've just re-read this, I'll fetch my anorak.
Old 20-11-2003, 01:47 AM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think you need a bigger one Neil
Old 20-11-2003, 11:33 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nah, I'll simply borrow yours.
Old 31-12-2003, 02:01 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dorking .Eagle

Still short of four 1908 Taddy's, a whopping thirteen 1913 Taddy's, two Pattreiouex, one miniature Pinnace and seventeen large Pinnace (which are frustratingly elusive despite their relative low value) to then have everything tobacco related to CPFC. More hunting required!!!!
Darn it! One of the two Pattreiouex cigarette cards that I am after is up for auction on ebay right now. But the cheeky seller has started the auction at a ridiculous £29 or you can "buy it now" for ninety odd quid. No thanks. Them cards are worth £5-£6 each and I would rather wait a few more years and pay a fair price rather than be ripped off to that extent.

(Plus I don't think it is so rare that I won't find one elsewhere sometime anyway)
Old 01-01-2004, 05:02 PM
South London VfB

I agree mate, that is feckin' ridiculous. I picked up the Pattreiouex Bradford v Palace for a fiver the other day.

The list is changing again as I've decided to add a Dealer Price column to each card, may need your help on that for some of the more obscure stuff.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:15 PM
I cant spell

stushirts is playing for a contract
are you including international stickers and cards , such as geoff thomas from panini euro 92?
Old 01-01-2004, 10:58 PM
South London VfB

The list is cards that specifically relate to Palace or if they appear in Palace kit rather than that of their country.

Given the amount of foreign internationals we've had it would be impossible to track down all these down as many would be in collections issued in their own country.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:28 PM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For the definitive UK cigarette card collectors magazine try To view the link you have to Register or Login.

It's produced by a Yeovil fan, David Stuckey, and published monthly.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:18 AM
Collecting Palace tat

There are very few international stickers/cards relating to players that were AT PALACE at the time -
I can only think of
Geoff Thomas - Panini Euro 92
Lombardo - Barratt 97 (98?)
Kirovski/Morrison/Berhalter - Panini WC 2002

basically because though there may be tons of Sansom/Coppell/Wright/Martyn/Southgate etc stuff in international kit, none were Palace players at the time of the issue.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 02-01-2004, 09:59 AM
I cant spell

was only thinking of international players listed as being at palace in the album , as you have listed them all that answers my question.

As I have mentioned loads of times to different people it would be great to see all these cards in a book . Shame it cant happen though
Old 02-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Quote:
Originally posted by stupa1ace
it would be great to see all these cards in a book
It is wonderful!
Old 02-01-2004, 11:09 AM
South London VfB

Quote:
Originally posted by Dorking .Eagle
There are very few international stickers/cards relating to players that were AT PALACE at the time -
I can only think of
Geoff Thomas - Panini Euro 92
Lombardo - Barratt 97 (98?)
Kirovski/Morrison/Berhalter - Panini WC 2002

basically because though there may be tons of Sansom/Coppell/Wright/Martyn/Southgate etc stuff in international kit, none were Palace players at the time of the issue.
Yeah, but the point I was making is that we don't know about overseas collections.

For instance, Italy, the home of Panini, do a whole collection each year 'celebrating' their National team squad, with action shots from games, etc. Lombardo (and possibly Padovano) is bound to have featured several times in the 1997 season collection.

Anyway I'll add the above, if someone can provide numbers for the WC2002 cards.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:52 AM
I cant spell

sorry , all stuck in the album .
Old 02-01-2004, 05:02 PM
South London VfB

S'OK found 'em.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:05 PM
South London VfB

BTW although Bassett cards were complied to Nov 1998, they were only released in 1999 after Lombardo had gone.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Crumbs! I make the "rules" for my collection! (Not having a go Neil).
Lombardo is mentioned as being a Crystal Palace player on the back, so that'll do for me.

Old 02-01-2004, 05:33 PM
South London VfB

Cool, I wasn't having a go either, mate!

Just imparting another nugget of completely useless information I have gleaned since starting what was intending to be a small sideline project!

I take it you know about the Kenny Sansom (Topps 80) and Ian Evans (Sun 78) cards, both listed under their country, but feature in Palace Kit.

Actually, of course you do, you have a copy the list!
Old 02-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
If a woman ever chances across this thread, she'll piss herself.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Amazingly, a couple of months ago I took the other half to a cigarette card collectors fair, expecting her to constantly ask that we leave and nagging me about how much I was spending, and she actually quite enjoyed it - between us we hunted for the elusive cards on my "wants" list, which although it may sound boring, becomes like some rather interesting needle in a haystack quest.
But I do admit the whole thing is totally anorak.