Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 02-01-2004, 07:02 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by El Aguila
If a woman ever chances across this thread, she'll piss herself.
Mine already has, until she saw the cheque book stubs
Old 09-01-2004, 03:44 PM

Axie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
There's a Pattreiouex Casket Crystal Palace 1922 cigarette football card currently on ebay

To view the link you have to Register or Login

8 hours left. 46GBP at the moment. Out of my price range unfortunately.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:07 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
You don't say.......

Quote:
Originally posted by Dorking .Eagle
Darn it! One of the two Pattreiouex cigarette cards that I am after is up for auction on ebay right now. But the cheeky seller has started the auction at a ridiculous £29 or you can "buy it now" for ninety odd quid. No thanks. Them cards are worth £5-£6 each and I would rather wait a few more years and pay a fair price rather than be ripped off to that extent.

(Plus I don't think it is so rare that I won't find one elsewhere sometime anyway)
Old 09-01-2004, 04:09 PM

Axie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
That'll teach me for not reading the whole thread.

Just trying to be helpful.

Last edited by Axie; 09-01-2004 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
As long as you are not the same guy who just outbid me on the Feebury "stamp" :
Old 09-01-2004, 07:41 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
As long as you are not the same guy who just outbid me on the Feebury "stamp"
Don't think you need to be a genius to work that out

Axie isn't party to the 'gentleman's agreement' not to bid against each other that exists between a few of us regular Palace ebayers (neither has he even been asked if he would like to join to my knowledge).
Old 12-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Fair enough, and I wasn't being that serious. Indeed I was outbid on a 1990 replica home cup final shirt (not the one in the last few days) by an ebayer called Aprussell. Fair do's I suppose - that's the whole point of ebay - it's a buyers market (as illustrated by the barmy prices you have to pay to get some of the decent stuff on there these days!)
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 12-01-2004, 10:25 AM

Yes sorry Dorking, as Neil cleverly deduced that was me, I didn't realise it was you (although maybe if I'd put two and two together I could have worked it out).

I do try and not to bid now if I do recognize the id but in this case I was going through quickly and put a bid in. If it's any consolation I paid over the odds for it.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Collecting Palace tat

No probs, wasn't the end of the day, these sort of things have a habit of turning up again from time to time anyway.

Wonder what the Pattreiouex casket card ended up going for????
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 12-01-2004, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Wonder what the Pattreiouex casket card ended up going for????
£46 !!!!!!
Old 12-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Collecting Palace tat

That's bonkers!

Old 12-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Fair enough, and I wasn't being that serious. Indeed I was outbid on a 1990 replica home cup final shirt (not the one in the last few days) by an ebayer called Aprussell.
Well if it makes you feel better DE - I didn't win it, as the price was going far too high and I stopped

Perhaps some people here should use there BBS logon as their e-bay account so that we know who's who and don't outbid each other
Old 12-01-2004, 11:11 AM
South London VfB

From what I've seen most of us do.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:25 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Quote:
Originally posted by arussell
Well if it makes you feel better DE - I didn't win it, as the price was going far too high and I stopped

The last one on there had a Wrighty signature on there (not that it made any difference to me) and went for £155.
Thing that was most attractive to me about it is the lack of pulls/bobbles which is rare, as most would have been worn and therefore been imperfect.

God knows what one of the "Number ten" authentic cup final replica shirts would go for if if was ever on there - I'd guess £800+
Old 12-01-2004, 12:25 PM
I cant spell

stushirts is playing for a contract
I cant remember what my shirt cost me from the club i think it may have been as little as £50 . That was one of my better investments , wearing it all the time was not a good idea though.To be honest thought it had a pull on it when I purchased it and it was the last one.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:48 PM
I cant spell

bought a load of top trumps recently and foud a couple of palace players in the lot .

mike flanagan , jim cannon, ken sansom and 3 different vince hilaires.
are there any more out there that anyone knows about?
Old 04-03-2004, 07:22 PM
I cant spell

these are the cards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg palacetrumps.jpg (504.6 KB, 130 views)
Old 07-03-2004, 11:23 PM

rjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally posted by El Aguila
If a woman ever chances across this thread, she'll piss herself.
I just have, stumbled that is! I have some cards at work. no idea what they are - the techie stuff is for boys! But anyone is welcome to them if they want. Someone at work collected them when he was a kid and was chucking them out so he gave me the Palace ones.

I'm not in tomorrow but will bring them home on Tuesday then post on here to say what they are. Anyone can have them who's interested
Old 10-03-2004, 01:28 PM

rjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsrjp was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Ok, I have no idea what I'm talking about, as will become immediately apparent, but these things mean nothing to me. I'm happy to post the cards to anyone who wants them. Alternatively, I'll put them in the bin! I don't know how to post pictures on here, but I can scan and send by e-mail if that would help anyone.

I have: A&BC cards (no obvious date) for Gerry Queen (164), Mel Blyth (186), John McCormack (149), John Sewell (206), Bobby Tambling (250), Peter Wall (254), Jim Scott (105), Alan Birchenall (236), David Payne (169) and John Jackson (126). Condition varies but most are OK.

Then I have some others where I can't see anything to identify a maker and no date. They're smaller than the A&BC ones, if that's any help! Two are the same design for Alan Birchenall (46) and David Payne (16). Then there is a Don Rogers (88) one in a slightly different design. These are a bit more dog eared and grubby than the others.

Hope that makes some sense!
Old 10-03-2004, 01:37 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Hi there
these are fairly common cards to most established Palace card/sticker collectors.

What might be nice is I seem to remember John Sewell (now living in USA) was looking for a set of cards featuring the Palace team he played in (presumably to frame) , and advertised this request in Palace echo classified about 2 years ago.

I got in correspondence with his son (in usa too) and I think he is still on the lookout for this set, and so I can think of no better recipient

I've still got his address at home, I'll dig it out tonight and pass it to you via pm.