Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 03-05-2016, 09:43 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Glad to see my thread is still alive 12 years on
Old 03-05-2016, 09:56 AM
analyse this

bourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is here
Favourite song at the time
He shot, he missed, it must be Mike Elwiss
Mike Elwiss, Mike Elwiss
Old 10-06-2018, 12:47 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Went on a first date last night. Girl from Preston. Got talking about family & conversation went something like this:

Her: “My Dad was a professional footballer...”

Me: “Woah, woah - what?! Who did he play for?!”

Her: “oh only like Preston, Crystal Palace...”

Turns out it was Mike Elwiss. Before my time but I’d heard of him. Had a knee replacement recently as apparently they caused him a lot of aggro. But yeah, thought I’d share that story.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:23 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
My abiding memory of Mike Elwiss will always be our away trip to his old club Preston at the start of the 1978/79 season.

He was booed by the home fans at every touch, with about five minutes to go and the home side 2-1 up, the home support started to drift out of the ground with the points seemingly in the bag.

As I remember it, Elwiss equalised just before 90 minutes were up and then bagged the winner for Palace in stoppage time.

As we made our way back from Deepdale on the coach, several Preston fans were holding up their fingers gleefully showing us they had won 2-1 (I’m positive that is what they were indicating!) and most of us on the coach were holding up three and two fingers in return, to looks of complete bewilderment from the PNE fans - one of the classic Palace last minute wins, rarely bettered for the hilarity of the moment.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:04 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
My abiding memory of Mike Elwiss will always be our away trip to his old club Preston at the start of the 1978/79 season.

He was booed by the home fans at every touch, with about five minutes to go and the home side 2-1 up, the home support started to drift out of the ground with the points seemingly in the bag.

As I remember it, Elwiss equalised just before 90 minutes were up and then bagged the winner for Palace in stoppage time.

As we made our way back from Deepdale on the coach, several Preston fans were holding up their fingers gleefully showing us they had won 2-1 (I’m positive that is what they were indicating!) and most of us on the coach were holding up three and two fingers in return, to looks of complete bewilderment from the PNE fans - one of the classic Palace last minute wins, rarely bettered for the hilarity of the moment.
That's Football.
Booing,of Any-sort is Negative.
The Booing of Ex-Players,only,makes them Play Better.
Never Leave Early.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:07 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Loved Mike Elwiss, proper footballer. Seemed to do a lot for us in a relatively short space of time, from memory. Recall the stultifying draw at Cambridge where, I think, he got stretchered off. Pretty much ended his time at Palace, if memory serves. Such a shame, always got the impression he could have been a big hit for us in the top flight.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:31 PM

Lee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post

Yes spot on I was there nearly 40 years on I still can’t believe we won that !! Shame he got injured, because he could really play
Old 11-06-2018, 08:50 PM

PS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
Seem to remember when he first arrived from Preston he was very poor and then suddenly hit a purple patch once he'd settled in before getting crocked. He & Kevin Mabbutt could have been Palace greats, if only.
Does Dobbo still post?
Old 11-06-2018, 08:59 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Elwiss was superb. Looked one of the better players in a very, very good team indeed. Just started to score regularly when he got injured. A year later we had Mike Flanagan instead
Old 12-06-2018, 08:46 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Think it was elwiss who scored away at w ham or was it swindlehurst was long time ago
Old 12-06-2018, 09:01 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Went on a first date last night. Girl from Preston. Got talking about family & conversation went something like this:

Turns out it was Mike Elwiss. Before my time but I’d heard of him. Had a knee replacement recently as apparently they caused him a lot of aggro. But yeah, thought I’d share that story.
How'd the date go?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:11 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post

Did you ...er...you know....er....like.....did you er....you know ....nudge nudge wink wink...ask her to get his autograph for you?
Old 12-06-2018, 09:46 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
Think it was elwiss who scored away at w ham or was it swindlehurst was long time ago
Well remembered. 40 years ago and was Elwiss. I saw it too. A vital equaliser that one. 40 years...sheesh.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:02 PM

montrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
When that went in i jumped up and down, arms raised. Then I realized I was standing on the North Bank of Upton Park. How I lived to tell the tale, i shall never know.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:08 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealeagle View Post
When that went in i jumped up and down, arms raised. Then I realized I was standing on the North Bank of Upton Park. How I lived to tell the tale, i shall never know.
How different was it going that day to last few times we went upton park when we won was a dangerous place back in the day
Old 12-06-2018, 11:13 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Did he have a spell at Brighton after he left Palace?
Old 12-06-2018, 11:32 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
No, career finished at PNE due to knee injury, aged just 27.
Old 13-06-2018, 11:33 AM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
Remember a cracker he scored away at Sheff Utd. I think it was?
Old 13-06-2018, 11:37 AM
Adult Member

David of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
No he chose to retire instead
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 13-06-2018, 03:05 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Remember a cracker he scored away at Sheff Utd. I think it was?
We talking about gilesy?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.