Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Best Palace Defensive Partnership
Cannon & Gilbert 29 12.83%
Thorn & Young 110 48.67%
Dann & Delaney 9 3.98%
Tomkins & Sakho 78 34.51%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2018, 07:39 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Young and Thorn aren’t in same class as footballers as the current two. Good stoppers though.
Old 13-08-2018, 07:11 AM

November85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Cannon and Gilbert and Thorn and Young, Blyth and McCormick.

I was trying to remember who Andy Roberts played alongside and fuffed if I can think of who it was. Don’t think Andy was everyone’s favourite but I always liked him. Always had time on the ball and intelligent with it. Nicked the ball instead of clattering them. Sorry probably doesn’t fit in this list as a partnership but it reminded me. Another one I had a soft spot for was Herman but can’t remember who he played with either. Was it Fan or Linighan maybe? Hmmmmm.
I loved Andy Roberts as a sweeper, usually behind Tuttle and Linighan, or maybe Gareth Davies? That was when everyone had a sweeper and I liked to think he was our Ruud Gullit. Not everyone agreed with me about that.
Old 13-08-2018, 07:17 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
These two are quality.

What I wouldn’t mind us doing next summer (all being well) is to invest in a young good centre back prospect to learn off these two
Old 13-08-2018, 09:01 AM

chatham_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkchatham_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkchatham_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkchatham_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkchatham_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkchatham_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkchatham_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkchatham_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkchatham_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkchatham_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkchatham_lad sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
These two are quality.

What I wouldn’t mind us doing next summer (all being well) is to invest in a young good centre back prospect to learn off these two
Didn't we sign Jach for that very purpose?
Old 13-08-2018, 09:04 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_lad View Post
I said good
Old 13-08-2018, 09:20 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Young and Thorn aren’t in same class as footballers as the current two. Good stoppers though.
They can't be compared like for like.
Old 13-08-2018, 09:36 AM

MARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post

I was trying to remember who Andy Roberts played alongside and fuffed if I can think of who it was. Don’t think Andy was everyone’s favourite but I always liked him. Always had time on the ball and intelligent with it. Nicked the ball instead of clattering them.
I liked him too. However if my memory serves me correctly didn’t he play as a Sweeper back in the day?
Old 13-08-2018, 09:42 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
These two are quality.

Yep. Said the same thing.
Get a CB from the Championship who is ready for the step up, who can fill it when one gets injured and begin to learn from them too.
Old 13-08-2018, 09:45 AM

MARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
At the moment it’s Thorn & Young for me. Proper no nonsense defenders. Also carried a real threat at attacking corners. Thorn with his near post flick on.
Different game today and without doubt Tomkins & Sakho are better “footballers”. Just wish Sakho would cut out some of his heart stopping moments. However I love watching the guy and would actually like to see him burst out of the defence carrying the ball more often. He has such power and the ability to pick out a pass.
Old 13-08-2018, 10:22 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Although only for a really short time Craig Moore and Petric? look a good pairing in the making only for it all to come tumbling down thanks to Goldberg.
Old 13-08-2018, 11:27 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_lad View Post
I'd be surprised if we see Jach again.
Old 13-08-2018, 01:20 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Cannon/Gilbert

Thorn/Young

TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 13-08-2018, 02:17 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
Could be the best in time but Thorn & Young we’re very good in that team that finished 3rd, in particular in the way we played. We were essentially Wimbledon with better players
Thorn and Young both played for Wimbledon before joining us.
Old 13-08-2018, 02:30 PM

tony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Being older than most and remembering what pitches were like I just go with John McCormick and Mel Blyth. Mel had a Fantastic game against George Best at his best (pardon the pun) when we best them 1-0 although the players of today certainly are very good. A special mention to Young and Thorn also.